• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More on that 1st Detroit game:

He was hit or hurried on over half his passes and still managed to complete over 60%. The O line ranked in the red 4 of the 5 linemen. Only Johnson was ranked "average". The only person on the Vikings team that rated in the green for pass blocking was AD...

PFF also has a stat they call "real completion percentage" that accounts for dropped balls that were catchable and balls thrown when hit. Also discounting balls grounded to stop the clock, ect, and under those stats, Ponders completion percentage shoots up to almost 80% career completion rate. All while running for his life. Now imagine what he can do with a solid pocket around him and his "happy feet" coached out of him...

He also had more pass completions for more than 30 yards than Cassel did last year. So much for the "noodle arm" argument.

That being said, Im reddy for Teddy.

Last edited by a moderator:

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More on that 1st Detroit game:

He was hit or hurried on over half his passes and still managed to complete over 60%. The O line ranked in the red 4 of the 5 linemen. Only Johnson was ranked "average". The only person on the Vikings team that rated in the green for pass blocking was AD...

PFF also has a stat they call "real completion percentage" that accounts for dropped balls that were catchable and balls thrown when hit. Also discounting balls grounded to stop the clock, ect, and under those stats, Ponders completion percentage shoots up to almost 80% career completion rate. All while running for his life. Now imagine what he can do with a solid pocket around him and his "happy feet" coached out of him...

He also had more pass completions for more than 30 yards than Cassel did last year. So much for the "noodle arm" argument.

That being said, Im reddy for Teddy.

You are wrong. Stop focusing on nothing but the completion % and saying "the stats prove Ponder is better than Cassel". Look at their TD/INT ratio... Ponder's career ratio is 38INT/34INT, Cassel's is 95TD/66INT. Cassel is the better QB, period.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without AD I agree, could be more than 7.

It's really sad to see what looked like a potentially decent year for a change get potentially flushed down the toilet right after week 1 due to AP getting himself in trouble.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You are wrong. Stop focusing on nothing but the completion % and saying "the stats prove Ponder is better than Cassel". Look at their TD/INT ratio... Ponder's career ratio is 38INT/34INT, Cassel's is 95TD/66INT. Cassel is the better QB, period.

Yeah, I guess youre right. TD/INT is all that matters. Time of possession? Who cares about that? I mean its a meaningless stat. And 3rd down conversions, big deal. So we punt a lot with Cassel. Hes better because we punt more with him :)

I could go on and on, but you have made me see the light. TD to INT ratio is all that matters.

By the way, your TD to INT ratio theory makes Cassel a better QB than Farve. Cassels is .691 and Farves is 508 to 336 which is .661.

You can stand behind your future hall of famer if you want. Me? Im waiting for Bridgewater and hoping Cassel goes away after Reddy Teddy gets in there...

And his TD to INT ratio isnt better than Ponders, if you count rushing TDs. One reason Ponder has a higher real QBR (ESPNs QB rating system) than Cassel...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now keep in mind, I am NOT SAYING Ponder should be our starter. Or anyone elses starter for that matter. He would make a decent number 2. All I am saying is Ponder is better than Cassel...

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now keep in mind, I am NOT SAYING Ponder should be our starter. Or anyone elses starter for that matter. He would make a decent number 2. All I am saying is Ponder is better than Cassel...

I didn't say TD - INT ratio was all that matters, but you focused in on one stat, so I refuted it with another. I think it's a pretty big leap to bring Favre into it, a guy who played for 20 seasons and had over 3X more overall playing time than Cassel has, not to mention more playoff games, as well as holding the career TD record. As I said before, I am not saying stats are everything, but the TD/INT ratio is pretty important. Consider that Ponder has thrown literally just 2 more TDs than INTs in his career. His contributions to scoring are almost out weight by the INT turnovers alone. That isn't going to win you many games. Cassel's isn't just a little better than Ponder's, it's glaringly better. Again, I consider Cassel to be very average, but Ponder is not better than him. You also said Ponder had more passes of 30+ yards than Cassel last year - well I would hope so, when Ponder started 3 more games than Cassel did.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*wink,.........anyways,....good luck tomorrow....!.....pats by 7.

I have to admit that I was surprised to see Mother Marge posting on the Vikings board.... the only chance the Vikings have without Peterson is for the defense to have another monster day and for Patterson to keep the flare in the Vikings offense. I'm expecting the Vikes to lose with AP gone.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly no offense intended can't believe anyone who has seen Christian Laettner play could think he's better than anyone. I would honestly rather have Travesty Jackson back than watch Ponder ever play again for the Vikings, at least Jackson teased us into thinking he might have a chance, Ponder has sucked from day one!

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly no offense intended can't believe anyone who has seen Christian Laettner play could think he's better than anyone. I would honestly rather have Travesty Jackson back than watch Ponder ever play again for the Vikings, at least Jackson teased us into thinking he might have a chance, Ponder has sucked from day one!

I've been saying since his second season that the Ponder supporters eerily mirrored the TJax supporters. Neither of them ever really gave us legitimate reason to believe they were good QBs, including prior to their draft. Ponder could make a solid backup, but that's it. He started off strong in 2012, but as soon as defenses figured him out he was finished and that was it.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Even with AP out, I still think the Vikes running game is better than Miami. So they should still be able to run the ball.
I believe it still comes down to how well Pats o-line keeps Brady upright. IMO, Vikes can control both lines of scrimmage, so I'm giving Vikes a good chance still.
It is still Brady, so Pats still scare me..

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's clear that this team is going nowhere this year. They are finding every means possible of ensuring that New England heads home with the win. It is like the Vikings are determined to drop that game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't say TD - INT ratio was all that matters, but you focused in on one stat,

No I didnt focus on just 1. Ponder leads Cassel in just about every stat there is.

And oh, by the way, did I say at least 3 picks? How many so far?

Cassel is not, never has been, nor ever will be, a leader. Teddy is. They need to get him in there before this gets out of hand...

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didnt focus on just 1. Ponder leads Cassel in just about every stat there is.

And oh, by the way, did I say at least 3 picks? How many so far?

Cassel is not, never has been, nor ever will be, a leader. Teddy is. They need to get him in there before this gets out of hand...

I never said Cassel was a good QB, I was explaining that Ponder is terrible. They are both awful QBs.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they are. But Ponder is a little less terrible lol.

TEDDY! TEDDY! TEDDY! TEDDY! TEDDY!

After seeing Cassel play a real defense today, you might be right. I want to see Teddy, not the two guys who guarantee us another top 10 draft pick.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing Cassel play a real defense today, you might be right. I want to see Teddy, not the two guys who guarantee us another top 10 draft pick.

NO, we cannot throw Teddy in their with no AD and expect him not to fall on his face! Keep playing Cassel, one game does not make a season, ya think maybe the team was flat because it's the first game in a long time were 28 wasn't playing due to something other than injury?

With that said holy phuck I hate the Patriots!