• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPCOMING FREE AGENTS THIS YEAR AND NEXT

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes we do, via the draft......as it should be.

It's very much a matter of opinion as to Baalke adding much talent through the draft. I tend to disagree that he has added much or is capable of adding much.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i took "one year away" as seriously contending for the SB, not just getting better. It is a given we'll get better, because there is only one way to go.

The questions is how much better, and as we ALL know, depends on the performance of the QB?

No No No it could get worse they could win one game or not win a game with the meathead front office we have.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's very much a matter of opinion as to Baalke adding much talent through the draft. I tend to disagree that he has added much or is capable of adding much.

then eventually you get rid of the drafter, but next week Baalke - and his scouting staff - is here and he'll make the picks.

i choose to go into the draft very optimistic, cause then i'll enjoy our top picks. You're choosing to be pessimistic and will sour no matter who he picks. that is ok really, because it is your opinion and how you want to feel.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then eventually you get rid of the drafter, but next week Baalke - and his scouting staff - is here and he'll make the picks.

i choose to go into the draft very optimistic, cause then i'll enjoy our top picks. You're choosing to be pessimistic and will sour no matter who he picks. that is ok really, because it is your opinion and how you want to feel.

On the contrary I'm just trying not to get my hopes up so I won't be disappointed.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually when I think they're going to draft well things go badly.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The key word was "want", as in we want to add talent via the draft. This isn't confirming we have added talent.

Trust me, i know Baalke hasn't done well of late. 2015 might be good but he hasn't done well overall, going back to 2012.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there really ever any doubt about Norman coming to SF? Doubtful

“As you know, we’ve never been huge believers in the opening market of free agency because, let’s face it, no matter who you take in the opening market, you’re overpaying them,” Baalke said.

The source said the 49ers were likely hoping for a “soft market” for Norman. It is unlikely the 49ers will enter a bidding war that could make him the highest-paid player on the team, the source said. The 49ers "like the player," but the source said Norman's style might not be a perfect fit in the team's defensive scheme.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my doubt's Baalke will sign him that doesn't mean they shouldn't try

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure....try to sign him. Ask him what he wants, cut it in half and offer him a 'prove me wrong' deal. Then watch him sign the highest tender offered no matter what team is doing the overbidding.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course its okay to try. I just prefer not pay him what he is looking for.

Well it's a mute point he's signing with the Redskins. I will say this I trust Scot McCloughan's ability to evaluate talent over Trent Baalke's.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well it's a mute point he's signing with the Redskins. I will say this I trust Scot McCloughan's ability to evaluate talent over Trent Baalke's.

But another consideration is that Washington is a better team than us. They won the East and feel they're on the upswing. this isn't the main factor in the decision, but a consideration when going after these pricey FA's. So there is a LITTLE more urgency for McCloughan, than Baalke.

IMO $15M/year is too large for where we are now. Norman will likely play well for two years, but then what? Odds are he won't be nearly as good when he's 31. Not he'll drop off a cliff, but he won't be worth $15M at that time.

Is Dontae Johnson $14M less talented than Norman?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But another consideration is that Washington is a better team than us. They won the East and feel they're on the upswing. this isn't the main factor in the decision, but a consideration when going after these pricey FA's. So there is a LITTLE more urgency for McCloughan, than Baalke.

IMO $15M/year is too large for where we are now. Norman will likely play well for two years, but then what? Odds are he won't be nearly as good when he's 31. Not he'll drop off a cliff, but he won't be worth $15M at that time.

I agree with this statement. They might think they are 1-2 players away in the NFC.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if McCloughan didn't think the guy could play he wouldn't have signed him. Has Dontae Johnson made a Pro Bowl, started in a Super Bowl or even been mentioned as a top CB in the NFL? You have your answer.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this statement. They might think they are 1-2 players away in the NFC.

Sure but if they didn't think the guy was worth paying a large contract I can't believe he would, he's too good of a GM to do that regardless of Snyder.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but if they didn't think the guy was worth paying a large contract I can't believe he would, he's too good of a GM to do that regardless of Snyder.
Like some one said they were in 1st place in the East and they added an All Pro CB. Overall good move for them. They went for it. I can't blame them for spending that much.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like some one said they were in 1st place in the East and they added an All Pro CB. Overall good move for them. They went for it. I can't blame them for spending that much.
They're still gonna suck they're cursed much like we are now.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Redskins are counting on Norman to play well against Bryant and Beckham. I agree that the Redskins are a better team than the Niners. Their QB situation alone is much better than the Niners. I'm glad the Niners did not sign Norman because they are a long ways from sniffing the playoffs. They are in a rebuilding mode even if York and Baalke deny it.