• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPCOMING FREE AGENTS THIS YEAR AND NEXT

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont be on as much guys. Its been fun talking to you guys but I just lost a lot of respect for this site. There are some good Admin and some bad ones. I got banned for 6 days because I had a disagreement with one of them. I got no reason why I got banned when the admin was cursing or name calling at me. So I just wanted to say some what bye and its been fun. Again not talking bad about this site. Its a fun site but some ruin it for others. I like this site but lost respect for it. I know I have some on this board that I disagree with a lot but overall its been fun. We all have different views and that is great. I wish everyone well and I will stop by here and there.

Lets Go 49ers Cant wait for the draft.

You know exactly why you got banned. You made a simple mistake, went on the offensive when it was pointed out, escalated the offensive, and then kept making claims about me being an admin.

I have always lived by the rule that if you accuse me of something, I'm going to make sure and at least do it. You were essentially accusing me of abusing my mod powers, and so I did.

You shouldn't even be back after you tried to sneak back in with an alt.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
http://www.************.com/articles/101246-chip-kelly-aaron-lynchs-weight-maybe-good-math/

So Lynch is about 280 and can't get his weight lower? His weight can be anything as long as he performs, so we'll see how it goes?

We need a top pass rusher - top OLB actually - for the other side, no matter what Lynch does.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.************.com/articles/101246-chip-kelly-aaron-lynchs-weight-maybe-good-math/

So Lynch is about 280 and can't get his weight lower? His weight can be anything as long as he performs, so we'll see how it goes?

We need a top pass rusher - top OLB actually - for the other side, no matter what Lynch does.

Lynch has had weight issues in the past. That extra weight might not be productive weight and slow him down. Especially since he is an outside rusher and also help in coverage. He was supposed to become an every down player

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst Case Lynch becomes a DE.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was supposed to become an every down player

He's been more of a never down player - the story of the season in general - although I hear he may go this weekend.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been more of a never down player - the story of the season in general - although I hear he may go this weekend.

Yes, between the suspension and injury issues. He was supposed to be an important part of the defense. Even if he plays this weekend I don't expect much of anything out of him, even if he was in good shape.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wilkerson fractured his Fibula late last season, which could be the cause for his drop in production. But that didn’t prevent the Jets from inking him to a five-year, $86-million contract in the offseason with $53.5-million in guarantees over the first three seasons.

That underscores an important point for San Francisco: As bad as the 49ers have been, they don’t have a contract that’s hurting their salary cap flexibility like Wilkerson’s deal would have. They’ll be operating with a clean financial slate, no matter who’s in charge of reconstructing the roster.

San Francisco’s biggest contract is Colin Kaepernick’s. And it’s likely to be off the books when the new league starts if/when Kaepernick opts out – or if/when the 49ers release him. General manager Trent Baalke is expected to start with some $46 million in space before Kaepernick’s $14.5 million base salary is expected to come off the books.

YES, at least the cap situation isn't just good, it is VERY good! I'd still refrain from the top FA's next off season, but it allows you to sign others. It allows you some flexibility in extending your own players.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilkerson fractured his Fibula late last season, which could be the cause for his drop in production. But that didn’t prevent the Jets from inking him to a five-year, $86-million contract in the offseason with $53.5-million in guarantees over the first three seasons.

That underscores an important point for San Francisco: As bad as the 49ers have been, they don’t have a contract that’s hurting their salary cap flexibility like Wilkerson’s deal would have. They’ll be operating with a clean financial slate, no matter who’s in charge of reconstructing the roster.

San Francisco’s biggest contract is Colin Kaepernick’s. And it’s likely to be off the books when the new league starts if/when Kaepernick opts out – or if/when the 49ers release him. General manager Trent Baalke is expected to start with some $46 million in space before Kaepernick’s $14.5 million base salary is expected to come off the books.

YES, at least the cap situation isn't just good, it is VERY good! I'd still refrain from the top FA's next off season, but it allows you to sign others. It allows you some flexibility in extending your own players.

Yeay...we have cap space :L. That's about the only positive we have going for us at the moment. Hopefully we use it wisely YORK!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeay...we have cap space :L. That's about the only positive we have going for us at the moment. Hopefully we use it wisely YORK!!

yep, having cap space helps a ton but the basic is still the draft. Unless you can do well in continuous drafts, you can't maximize cap space.

But it may not be Baalke who utilizes this cap space, so there MIGHT be another positive?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully, they use it, period. They had a lot of $ going into the last FA period and did relatively nothing IIRC.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they just started using some......Vance McDonald/$35M extension. As I said in the other thread, I've got no real issues with this as long as they can get a QB who can get him the ball.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they just started using some......Vance McDonald/$35M extension. As I said in the other thread, I've got no real issues with this as long as they can get a QB who can get him the ball.

I am a little concerned about it. McDonald's has a history of dropped passes and he just can't stay healthy. While he has been better about catching passes lately, he went out of the game injured again. I think this is the second time this season he has missed games from injury and I don't think he has ever made it through a 16 game season without missing games in his career.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little concerned about it. McDonald's has a history of dropped passes and he just can't stay healthy. While he has been better about catching passes lately, he went out of the game injured again. I think this is the second time this season he has missed games from injury and I don't think he has ever made it through a 16 game season without missing games in his career.

I think we may have to get used to signings like this. Now, it's one area where the Niners F.O. actually excels in - contracts - but the franchise has sunk to levels around the league to a point where free agents will need an extra incentive to stay/come here.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we may have to get used to signings like this. Now, it's one area where the Niners F.O. actually excels in - contracts - but the franchise has sunk to levels around the league to a point where free agents will need an extra incentive to stay/come here.
McDonald went on season ending IR today