• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPCOMING FREE AGENTS THIS YEAR AND NEXT

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No I just think its funny. We have all this cap space and then he goes and picks up crap. The only bright side of this pick up is this guy use to be good. So maybe in a new system he can be ok. I just think its funny we would spend 3.7 mill on the 61st rank guard. Then we are in talks with an LB that doesnt help our need. We need a pass rusher. He is not that. We have enough of what he does on this team

Man you dont get it. Moves he is making makes no sense. That is what my problem is. I actually posted what 4-6 days ago that all that is left is crap now. Watch him sign guys now.

U add this guards money and the money being talked about LB upshaw we could of landed a Good Guard. I rather have a very good guard over 1 bad player with slight upside and an avg LB.

no, obviously i think you don't get it. having cap space is good, but doesn't mean you go out and sign all the first wave of free agents. You already agreed you build thru the draft, so why are you so pissed we didn't build thru free agency?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have enough Depth players, we need starters and guys that can help. These guys won't help. The Guard has a out side shot because of what we have at the oline. We can only hope we regains his form.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it is ok to complain on free agent signings, but this wasn't about "you can't complain about so and so".

My post is for this specific case with Purguy. The specific case pertains to complaining nobody...anybody, is being signed in free agency. So my post is ok....here, we signed someone so there, stop your bitching. But not surprising, we sign 'someone, anybody', and the complaint just shifts to how this guy isn't an All-Pro. Well, of course we didn't sign an All-Pro, you'd be an idiot to think we would.

So go ahead an complain about LAST year's free agents, cause thats another matter.
Thats not what I was asking for. Im asking for up grades and people that can make a difference. That is where u are getting confused. He is doing the same crap as last year. Last year wasn't good. The players we got weren't good. What don't u understand.

He is doing a bad job overall.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it is ok to complain on free agent signings, but this wasn't about "you can't complain about so and so".

My post is for this specific case with Purguy. The specific case pertains to complaining nobody...anybody, is being signed in free agency. So my post is ok....here, we signed someone so there, stop your bitching. But not surprising, we sign 'someone, anybody', and the complaint just shifts to how this guy isn't an All-Pro. Well, of course we didn't sign an All-Pro, you'd be an idiot to think we would.

So go ahead an complain about LAST year's free agents, cause thats another matter.

I think the expectation with Purguy and other 49er fans is that when they say they want the team to acquire some free agents with the unused cap space that they acquire players that appear will actually help the team or be an upgrade over what is already on the roster. Not players that aren't any better than what is already on the roster. A legitimate argument can be made that the big name free agents weren't worth the cost. But signing garbage doesn't really do it for me.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, obviously i think you don't get it. having cap space is good, but doesn't mean you go out and sign all the first wave of free agents. You already agreed you build thru the draft, so why are you so pissed we didn't build thru free agency?
No you don't. U have 2 people telling you are not understanding. I never said go out and sign everyone. i have posted that 5 times. All I said that Baalke hasn't upgraded this team. He missed the boat. I wanted 1 or 2 upgrades through FA. He did not do that. He did nothing. Yes Draft is where you build your team but FA pick ups or trades gets you to that next level. Our 2 biggest weaknesses are Oline and Pass rusher and he didn't do anything. Instead he signed a bad guard(like he did last year with Pears) and looking at a LB that isn't better then we have. You add those 2 salaries we should of got a better player that can help this team. We don't need Depth we need starters and up grades. Now I admit that the Guard has a little chance to be ok if he gets back to being what he was 2 years ago.

Did you not pay attention to this team last year and how bad we were and how bad Baalke did with FA class. Come on man. Please look outside the box.

Time to move on to the next subject. Goff is getting a lot of high praise as of late. 1 GM is saying he is just as smart as Luck he his ceiling is high. I disagree but if we draft him hope I am 100% wrong.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you could argue the 9ers still haven't signed anyone

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the expectation with Purguy and other 49er fans is that when they say they want the team to acquire some free agents with the unused cap space that they acquire players that appear will actually help the team or be an upgrade over what is already on the roster. Not players that aren't any better than what is already on the roster. A legitimate argument can be made that the big name free agents weren't worth the cost. But signing garbage doesn't really do it for me.
Yes I agree, Im not saying we should of paid 17 mill for Vernon. There were some good Tier 2 guys that didn't get that much that could of helped. Smith a #1 CB for what 9-10 mill isn't bad. I Don't mind that contract especially when you have 60 mill in cap. Macks contract at 8-9 mill isn't bad for Top 3 center in the league. This move would of helped us at 2 positions. Mack at center and Kilgore moves to Guard. BOOM. 2 Upgrades for 9 mill a year. Not bad.

I like Smart moves and the last 2 years I see nothing from Baalke. Guy looks lost now that he actually has to build this roster.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I agree, Im not saying we should of paid 17 mill for Vernon. There were some good Tier 2 guys that didn't get that much that could of helped. Smith a #1 CB for what 9-10 mill isn't bad. I Don't mind that contract especially when you have 60 mill in cap. Macks contract at 8-9 mill isn't bad for Top 3 center in the league. This move would of helped us at 2 positions. Mack at center and Kilgore moves to Guard. BOOM. 2 Upgrades for 9 mill a year. Not bad.

I like Smart moves and the last 2 years I see nothing from Baalke. Guy looks lost now that he actually has to build this roster.

Now that the former GM's talent is gone or nearly out the door Baalke isn't looking so good, it's too bad the other guy had a drinking problem.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and our former GM McCloughan's team made the playoffs this past year.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree...Smith seemed like a great move...until our line turned into a wet paper towel and our QB was so beat to shit and on the back peddle in terms of progression. We are simply either getting barred by free agents because of the horrific state (or perceived state) of our front office, or we are not making a concerted effort to actually offer a realistic contract in the free agent market regardless of how crazy the money is flying. Baalke has a pretty shit track record in the draft, and I don't see it changing much. He's most likely done after this season in my opinion.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...Smith seemed like a great move...until our line turned into a wet paper towel and our QB was so beat to shit and on the back peddle in terms of progression. We are simply either getting barred by free agents because of the horrific state (or perceived state) of our front office, or we are not making a concerted effort to actually offer a realistic contract in the free agent market regardless of how crazy the money is flying. Baalke has a pretty shit track record in the draft, and I don't see it changing much. He's most likely done after this season in my opinion.
I think its the 2nd one. Front office isnt doing their job. Players will play anywhere if the money is there. Its a business.

I hope this is his last year. Only way he saves his job is if he has a great draft and 49ers shock the world and make the playoffs or comes really close to make it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What the heck are the 49ers doing in free agency?

Chip Kelly’s answer: They’re declining to hand out superstar contracts to players who have yet to achieve stardom.

Kelly said the front office had a “great plan” entering free agency, which began last week with the usual wave of lucrative deals. Despite having the NFL’s fourth-most salary-cap space ($53.7 million), the 49ers only signed journeyman quarterback Thad Lewis in the first week.

“Are we going to take this player and pay him more than anybody on our team?” Kelly said. “And is that player worth more than anybody on our current team? You also have to kind of look at that.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Beadles, 29, spent the last two seasons in Jacksonville after spending the previous four in Denver, who selected him in the second round of the 2010 draft.

He was released earlier this month after signing a five-year, $30 million deal in 2014, which Jacksonville deemed as too expensive for a guard after two seasons. Beadles did his best work as in a zone blocking scheme in Denver, which is the favorite of new 49ers head coach Chip Kelly.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beadles, 29, spent the last two seasons in Jacksonville after spending the previous four in Denver, who selected him in the second round of the 2010 draft.

He was released earlier this month after signing a five-year, $30 million deal in 2014, which Jacksonville deemed as too expensive for a guard after two seasons. Beadles did his best work as in a zone blocking scheme in Denver, which is the favorite of new 49ers head coach Chip Kelly.

He was also injured last season. For those to reasons we hope he can regain his form.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-Q: Why weren’t you more active in free agency? Was that the plan going into it?

-BAALKE: No, I wouldn’t say it was the plan going into free agency. As you know, we’ve never been huge believers in the opening market of free agency.

Because let’s face it, no matter who you take in the opening market, you’re over-paying them.

History proves that–90% of the guys who entered free agency have never made a Pro Bowl; 90% of the ones that get signed as free agents never make the Pro Bowl.

So you’ve got a less than 10% chance of hitting on a Pro Bowl-caliber player, yet you’re paying him at the top of the market.

It’s like buying a stock at it’s high.

I like it! This doesn't need to apply to everybody, every single instance, but makes sense to me.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its the 2nd one. Front office isnt doing their job. Players will play anywhere if the money is there. Its a business.

I hope this is his last year. Only way he saves his job is if he has a great draft and 49ers shock the world and make the playoffs or comes really close to make it.

I'm with you, but I'm not holding my breath. Niners will be lucky to win 5 games next season and Baalke is so tight with Jed that he's not going anywhere. As far as the draft, I don't have any confidence in his evaluation of talent.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you, but I'm not holding my breath. Niners will be lucky to win 5 games next season and Baalke is so tight with Jed that he's not going anywhere. As far as the draft, I don't have any confidence in his evaluation of talent.

No doubt Baalke is tight with Jed, but at the same time if the season implodes someone is going to take the fall. I don't see Chip taking it. Then next one in line is Baalke. I don't think it would be improbable that Baalke would get the axe and Tom Gamble promoted. That is the one possibility I see happening.