• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPCOMING FREE AGENTS THIS YEAR AND NEXT

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember last year seattle fans thought they would keep everyone. I told them it was coming. They didnt want to listen. They just lost a top Defensive player and their 2 best OL. They already had a bad Oline. Seattle will struggle this year. Arizona is still fine. They just made a great trade.

That could be one really crappy oline up there.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well FA is some what over. All Teir 1's and Teir 2's are gone. Who ever we sign wont help much now.

FO sucks. Cant wait to see Baalke gone. Guy is clueless.

I stopped paying attention to the stories linking the 49ers to any significant free agents. Pretty obvious the 49ers aren't seriously targeting anyone.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they took a vacation this year. Man I wish we traded with the Pats. He would of been a nice pick up for us. our 2nd rd is just to high for him. I bet they would of took our 3rd and a 5th.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok, Zane Beadles is the type of free agent OG i thought they'd sign first. He is no longer a top OG, but capable of getting into the line-up. He is by no means 'the answer' but he's bridging the gap into next season. By next season we MIGHT have a young OG ready, or one drafted on 2017.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Free Agency Is Upon Us. Did Anyone Tell The NFC West?

Other teams don't go after the top FA's, not just the 49ers.

Anyway, what i wanted to point out is Seattle and how hard it is to sustain a good team. Their good players leave year after year, and their window is beginning to close. Yes, good drafting can keep it going, so we'll see how it goes next few years?

Baalke can't do this so they won't ever get it going with him as the GM.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, Zane Beadles is the type of free agent OG i thought they'd sign first. He is no longer a top OG, but capable of getting into the line-up. He is by no means 'the answer' but he's bridging the gap into next season. By next season we MIGHT have a young OG ready, or one drafted on 2017.

They needed a better OG than him to keep their QB from getting his head pounded in.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah shucks for them. :-)

Ah Shucks for us, the team is going to let that cap space sit and not spend a dime so what good does it do the 9ers to have more than anyone else in the division if they aren't willing to spend it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ah Shucks for us, the team is going to let that cap space sit and not spend a dime so what good does it do the 9ers to have more than anyone else in the division if they aren't willing to spend it.

all that cap space isn't going to sit, some has already been used and there is more to come. this is just the first wave of free agency, not the end of it.

are you thinking they didn't throw $85M at somebody, so they're not spending it?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It keeps getting worse. They signed the 68th ranked Guard for 3.5 mill. OMG. Baalke has lost it.

This smells like a Pears signing from last year.

49ers are looking at LB Courtney Upshaw. He has career 5 sacks.

You cant make this crap up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It keeps getting worse. They signed the 68th ranked Guard for 3.5 mill. OMG. Baalke has lost it.

This smells like a Pears signing from last year.

49ers are looking at LB Courtney Upshaw. He has career 5 sacks.

You cant make this crap up.

you complain they don't sign ANYONE and as i predicted, you complain when they do. Earlier you said you believed in building thru the draft, and hence not saying you wanted the top FA's. Now they sign someone to fill a hole, and its still not good enough. What did you expect, an All-Pro OG?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you complain they don't sign ANYONE and as i predicted, you complain when they do. Earlier you said you believed in building thru the draft, and hence not saying you wanted the top FA's. Now they sign someone to fill a hole, and its still not good enough. What did you expect, an All-Pro OG?

Deep, I don't think it unreasonable to complain about some of Baalke's signings. There is a big difference between an All-Pro and someone who totally sucks. Baalke signed two free agents last year that totally sucked (Pears and Wright) and acquired a third (Devey) who was downright awful. It would actually be better not to sign any free agents at all then bring in that type of garbage. The 49ers are better off just going with rookies. As far as the recent signing. I hope this OG can regain he Pro Bowl form. According to reports I've read, he has struggled in pass blocking this past year. That is the last thing this team needs from a player.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I just think its funny. We have all this cap space and then he goes and picks up crap. The only bright side of this pick up is this guy use to be good. So maybe in a new system he can be ok. I just think its funny we would spend 3.7 mill on the 61st rank guard. Then we are in talks with an LB that doesnt help our need. We need a pass rusher. He is not that. We have enough of what he does on this team

Man you dont get it. Moves he is making makes no sense. That is what my problem is. I actually posted what 4-6 days ago that all that is left is crap now. Watch him sign guys now.

U add this guards money and the money being talked about LB upshaw we could of landed a Good Guard. I rather have a very good guard over 1 bad player with slight upside and an avg LB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep, I don't think it unreasonable to complain about some of Baalke's signings. There is a big difference between an All-Pro and someone who totally sucks. Baalke signed two free agents last year that totally sucked (Pears and Wright) and acquired a third (Devey) who was downright awful. It would actually be better not to sign any free agents at all then bring in that type of garbage. The 49ers are better off just going with rookies. As far as the recent signing. I hope this OG can regain he Pro Bowl form. According to reports I've read, he has struggled in pass blocking this past year. That is the last thing this team needs from a player.
Thank you, This is what im saying. Its his moves that bother me. He doesnt make smart moves. He hits every once in awhile. This is a perfect example. I rather have a Above avg to good Guard then these 2 guys or if we dont get the LB I would rather spend an extra 2 mill for a much better guard.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL like I said you cant make this crap up. Poor Pass blocker and a Edge Rusher who cant Rush. LOL Only baalke would do moves like this. You thought he would learned after last year of Pears, Devey, Wright, and Cook disasters.

Thank god the we have College basketball on right now.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL like I said you cant make this crap up. Poor Pass blocker and a Edge Rusher who cant Rush. LOL Only baalke would do moves like this. You thought he would learned after last year of Pears, Devey, Wright, and Cook disasters.

Thank god the we have College basketball on right now.

The sad thing is every one of those players made the team much worse. Wright was so bad he couldn't beat out any of the rookies for a job. Most 49er fans knew those signings were bad when Baalke made them. At least this current signing played well at one point. Hopefully the OLine coach can get him back on track.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes, it is ok to complain on free agent signings, but this wasn't about "you can't complain about so and so".

My post is for this specific case with Purguy. The specific case pertains to complaining nobody...anybody, is being signed in free agency. So my post is ok....here, we signed someone so there, stop your bitching. But not surprising, we sign 'someone, anybody', and the complaint just shifts to how this guy isn't an All-Pro. Well, of course we didn't sign an All-Pro, you'd be an idiot to think we would.

So go ahead an complain about LAST year's free agents, cause thats another matter.