• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPCOMING FREE AGENTS THIS YEAR AND NEXT

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I saw that but you think the Broncos would really trade for 2 QBs and give away draft picks for this year.

IDK. The last reports I saw said the 49ers were going to hold strong on wanting a 2nd round pick and Denver was reported offering only a mid round pick

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers will target RGIII after unloading Colin Kaepernick, per report

At first glance, don't have a problem bringing in RGIII. The purpose is to try him out, as opposed to thinking he'll start. So it depends on how much guarantee he'll sign for? I'd think he'll WANT to join SF and hence accept a LITTLE less guarantee? The reason being this would be his best shot at starting.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At first glance, don't have a problem bringing in RGIII. The purpose is to try him out, as opposed to thinking he'll start. So it depends on how much guarantee he'll sign for? I'd think he'll WANT to join SF and hence accept a LITTLE less guarantee? The reason being this would be his best shot at starting.
If I was RG3 I would sign a 1 year deal hope for a good year to get a better deal or sign a deal like Cruz and bet on yourself.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Getting Griffin makes little sense....he's basically a more injury-prone Kaepernick - an athlete-first guy who is more interested in his brand than his performance and who isn't respected much in the locker room.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was RG3 I would sign a 1 year deal hope for a good year to get a better deal or sign a deal like Cruz and bet on yourself.

If I were RG3 I would STEER CLEAR of our current organization...either that or put a "competent Oline" clause in the contract. He's been beat to shit the last couple seasons...imagine that glass jaw behind our line...IR bound for certain.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

this would be good for him, but would the 49ers offer it
Getting Griffin makes little sense....he's basically a more injury-prone Kaepernick - an athlete-first guy who is more interested in his brand than his performance and who isn't respected much in the locker room.

they would work him out first, and have the medical team review his status. assuming he passes this, ok for a tryout, little guarantee.

if he can't show well in the workouts, then forget it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I were RG3 I would STEER CLEAR of our current organization...either that or put a "competent Oline" clause in the contract. He's been beat to shit the last couple seasons...imagine that glass jaw behind our line...IR bound for certain.

but the teams with 'competent O-lines', don't need him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 49ers should steer clear of RG3. He has some of the same issues Kap is supposed to have and is smaller an injury prone. Why the 49ers would even be interested in Griffin is beyond me.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No interest in Griffin whatsoever. We are finished with Kap because of his flaws and then turning around and getting a QB with those same flaws? Add to that Griffin has a slender frame and is injury prone. I say no thanks. I would rather just stick with Gabbert next year and draft Goff or someone else to be the backup next year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No interest in Griffin whatsoever. We are finished with Kap because of his flaws and then turning around and getting a QB with those same flaws? Add to that Griffin has a slender frame and is injury prone. I say no thanks. I would rather just stick with Gabbert next year and draft Goff or someone else to be the backup next year.

doesn't Griffin have better passing skills, than Kaep? Isn't Griffin able to decide and throw quicker?

If incorrect, then i take back what i posted. i was just thinking tryout to begin with.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers should steer clear of RG3. He has some of the same issues Kap is supposed to have and is smaller an injury prone. Why the 49ers would even be interested in Griffin is beyond me.
To be honest he is a poor man version of Kap.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the teams with 'competent O-lines', don't need him.

I'm not entirely sure we do either. He'll fold like a house of cards back there...never thought I'd say this...but I like Gabbert more as our starter. At least he showed some quick decision making beyond his first look as well as some surprising athleticism last season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not entirely sure we do either. He'll fold like a house of cards back there...never thought I'd say this...but I like Gabbert more as our starter. At least he showed some quick decision making beyond his first look as well as some surprising athleticism last season.

i would think Gabbert will start off this season as our starter? If he does, i'm also fine with that. He seems to be comfortable throwing quickly and short (even if we don't get the 1st down), so why not run Kelly's offense.

We will likely draft a rookie QB at #7, and shouldn't rush him into the line-up.

Don't see any quality free agent out there?

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would think Gabbert will start off this season as our starter? If he does, i'm also fine with that. He seems to be comfortable throwing quickly and short (even if we don't get the 1st down), so why not run Kelly's offense.

We will likely draft a rookie QB at #7, and shouldn't rush him into the line-up.

Don't see any quality free agent out there?

Yep I agree. Unfortunately for us...the "quality free agent" out there is currently on our roster and his name rhymes with "Plapernick".

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest he is a poor man version of Kap.

In a way he feels like that to me. If we are going to move on from the Kap experiment why start with another one that is similar? To me it makes sense to go in another direction.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll second that. I would rather just stick with Gabbert. I see him as a poor man's version of Alex Smith after last year but he can serve as a bridge to a drafted QB.