• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh oh OSU

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had moments but probably not a complete game and definitely not against the caliber of opponent they were playing that day. They were extremely inconsistent....which is expected when (i forgot the exact number and am too lazy to look it up right this second) like 90% of your offensive touchdowns are being scored by freshman (at every WR spot, your go to TE, and your RBs) and you have a QB whose first snaps in your offense were being had less than a month before the season started.

If we can field a competent Oline and Michael Brewer doesn't go full retard in the interception dept. then I think it has the potential to be a very good and close game. If neither of those happen though then it could get ugly super quick for the home team.

If I remember right, in last year's game Brewer seemed to pull a number of magical 3rd down plays out of his ass that just kept sustaining drives.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams that played in the game last year were completely different teams that finish the season. OSU's OL was garbage the first game but they gelled and became a dominant unit later in the season. VT's OL line played just good enough that game but by the time we played UVA, we had 1 player playing in the same position he did (if playing at all) against OSU. Injuries set us back some (lost 2 RBs to ACL and 1 to a clavicle) but the OL inconsistency was very obvious later in the season in the running game. Brewer took a beating and never played with the same confidence after the OSU game and threw a ton of interceptions. He also stopped scrambling as much which is where he made some key conversions against OSU.

We threw wrinkles at your offense that you guys just weren't used to seeing and it worked. We will not do the exact same plan this year (just like we play GT differently every year) so comparing how you guys did against a bear front later in the season is pointless now.

To say one team will blow out the other I think is naive. I think it will be a pretty close game (Vegas is thinking the same as the line is down to 10 pts) and the advantage is clearly to OSU with what they did last year but just like last year, VT will not be a slouch in this game.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like it's a good thing the two D's don't line up against each other (that was meant sarcastically). It doesn't matter which team has the better front 4. It matters if yours can stop our O and ours can stop your O. I don't think VT will be successful enough to pull out a W. I do hope for a good close game. It would be better for the Bucks to come out a 3 point winner than a 21 point winner. Especially if VT can put together a respectable season.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like it's a good thing the two D's don't line up against each other (that was meant sarcastically). It doesn't matter which team has the better front 4. It matters if yours can stop our O and ours can stop your O. I don't think VT will be successful enough to pull out a W. I do hope for a good close game. It would be better for the Bucks to come out a 3 point winner than a 21 point winner. Especially if VT can put together a respectable season.

What makes you say that you can stop our O and we can't stop yours?

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we
What makes you say that you can stop our O and we can't stop yours?
I think we have too many weapons. What will VT do when they have to defend Braxton, Zeke, Cardale (or) Barrett, Mike Thomas and 2-3 other receivers............. all at the same time.

Besides, I didn't say you couldn't stop us. And I didn't say you couldn't score. Read my post again. I think it should be a close game with the Bucks on top at the end.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw a vine of B.Miller catching passes one-handed, while holding four or five balls in his other hand...

yeah, he's gonna make some plays this year methinks. Just the thought of him catching a bubble screen make me glad my team doesnt have to play them this year.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT beat Ohio State last year. No question about it. You guys had what seemed like 20 sacks on the night. The big difference b/t the two teams last year and the optimism for this year is that their game last year was a low point in the season for tOSU and they just improved each game thereafter, obviously culminating in the ultimate prize at the end of the season. VT, on the other hand seemed to regress each week after the Ohio State game and finished with an extremely lackluster record.

Not arguing that point at all..I totally agree with that.

It doesn't change my stance on who has a better front 4, which is what I was speaking to