• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh oh OSU

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I seriously see someone try and say that even with Bosa, VT would have a better DLine? That has to be one of the most idiotic things I've seen.

Does VT have a good D line? Sure. It's nowhere even close to OSU's. After they played an extremely green OSU team last year, they played one other ranked team for the entire season. Of course your line will look good when you're facing the pathetic schedule they faced. Meanwhile, down the stretch, OSU's D line did great against Michigan State, Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon - 4 of the top offenses in the nation last year (including all 3 Heisman candidates). VT played nobody else even close to those teams outside of GT.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU could drop one against Indiana or Purdue and claim bad game, we were not up for it, or the classic...they always play us tough. They lose against VT again, a scar that lasts 10 years at least.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU could drop one against Indiana or Purdue and claim bad game, we were not up for it, or the classic...they always play us tough. They lose against VT again, a scar that lasts 10 years at least.
Not if they win the NC again. I will take a loss to VT every year if it ends like last year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I seriously see someone try and say that even with Bosa, VT would have a better DLine? That has to be one of the most idiotic things I've seen.

Does VT have a good D line? Sure. It's nowhere even close to OSU's. After they played an extremely green OSU team last year, they played one other ranked team for the entire season. Of course your line will look good when you're facing the pathetic schedule they faced. Meanwhile, down the stretch, OSU's D line did great against Michigan State, Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon - 4 of the top offenses in the nation last year (including all 3 Heisman candidates). VT played nobody else even close to those teams outside of GT.

Athlon Sports has Va Tech's line ranked as the 3rd best unit and Ohio State's ranked as the 5th best unit. Its certainly not "one of the most idiotic things"

Reactions: BUD

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athlon Sports has Va Tech's line ranked as the 3rd best unit and Ohio State's ranked as the 5th best unit. Its certainly not "one of the most idiotic things"
I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It's still foolish IMO. As I mentioned, our DL looked great against elite teams down the stretch last year. VT didn't have to face a ranked team after September 20th. Of course they're gonna look amazing.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It's still foolish IMO. As I mentioned, our DL looked great against elite teams down the stretch last year. VT didn't have to face a ranked team after September 20th. Of course they're gonna look amazing.

They're both going to be fantastic. I just took issue with how you said it was "one of the most idiotic things you've ever seen". When people/publications think they have the potential to be very similar/good.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're both going to be fantastic. I just took issue with how you said it was "one of the most idiotic things you've ever seen". When people/publications think they have the potential to be very similar/good.
I still do think it's very idiotic, for the record. When you only face 2-3 good QBs throughout 13 games of course it's gonna look amazing. I never said they weren't great, I'm just saying they aren't at OSU's level. We'll see, I guess.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still do think it's very idiotic, for the record. When you only face 2-3 good QBs throughout 13 games of course it's gonna look amazing. I never said they weren't great, I'm just saying they aren't at OSU's level. We'll see, I guess.
And Ohio State will face only two or three good QBs.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They also played the last 9 games without their best D-lineman last year. They get him back for this season. He's been a starter since his freshman season. That's a huge loss last year. I think as a unit they are every bit as good as Ohio State's. Especially without Bosa in game one.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They also played the last 9 games without their best D-lineman last year. They get him back for this season. He's been a starter since his freshman season. That's a huge loss last year. I think as a unit they are every bit as good as Ohio State's. Especially without Bosa in game one.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is why you have to love College football. Even with this talk of how great Va Tech's D line it still appears to me that they don't really match up with the ample amount of experienced talent that tOSU is going to put on the field on both sides of the ball.

Everyone will be watching this game and unless you are Buckeye fan you will probably be hoping for the upset. In someway it's cool that it will be the only game on that monday night however I just wish it wasn't on a school night because I will probably have to drink heavily due to shear excitement.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no dan, I hope you crush the ever living shat out of those clowns.

Go bucknuts!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know who is better. But I do know if your O-Line has some weaknesses, Bud Foster and VT is going to exploit the shit out of it to the best of their ability. Even when they don't have a great team, they play well on D-Line.

When we played them a few years ago, overall they were just badly outmatched. However, their D-Line did a great job and the score would have been a blowout if not for their line. Gave Alabama fits all game.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's because you, like many OSU fans (not all) refuse to acknowledge any college football played outside of Columbus. At risk of sounding 'idiotic,' I will also agree that VTs best unit will be our front 4, and it will be better than OSU's, especially with Bosa out.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because you, like many OSU fans (not all) refuse to acknowledge any college football played outside of Columbus. At risk of sounding 'idiotic,' I will also agree that VTs best unit will be our front 4, and it will be better than OSU's, especially with Bosa out.
You moron. I've discussed college football across the board since I've been. OSU fans are no different than any other fans in the nation when it comes to discussing our team, stop being so ignorant.

We have a surefire top 5 pick and another fringe first rounder (Washington), along with tons and tons of depth due to elite recruiting. VT cannot say the same. They're good, and I've acknowledged that twice now, but they simply aren't as good as OSU's. Sorry to hurt your feelings so bad.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT has 4 d lineman on the Nagurski watch list. tOSU has 2 and one won't be playing.

VT has one other DB on the list and tOSU has 2 LBs and a DB.

Its apparent VT will have a solid defense. I just don't think they even come close to matching up offensively.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You moron. I've discussed college football across the board since I've been. OSU fans are no different than any other fans in the nation when it comes to discussing our team, stop being so ignorant.

We have a surefire top 5 pick and another fringe first rounder (Washington), along with tons and tons of depth due to elite recruiting. VT cannot say the same. They're good, and I've acknowledged that twice now, but they simply aren't as good as OSU's. Sorry to hurt your feelings so bad.

well they did most definitely out play them last season in the head to head match-up (like 7 sacks to 2?) and are returning 100% of those guys while ohio state is returning what like 50% of theirs?

it's really not rocket science, but by the amount of rustled jimmies coming out in your posts I am going to assume you are just one of those guys that are too wrapped up in your "fandom" to give any resemblance of a neutral perspective on a matter like this. you should probably go post in the political forum where there are more mentally disabled dick riders and you won't stick out like a sore thumb. :thumb:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT has 4 d lineman on the Nagurski watch list. tOSU has 2 and one won't be playing.

VT has one other DB on the list and tOSU has 2 LBs and a DB.

Its apparent VT will have a solid defense. I just don't think they even come close to matching up offensively.
fair point

we will find out in about a month :dance:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well they did most definitely out play them last season in the head to head match-up (like 7 sacks to 2?) and are returning 100% of those guys while ohio state is returning what like 50% of theirs?

it's really not rocket science, but by the amount of rustled jimmies coming out in your posts I am going to assume you are just one of those guys that are too wrapped up in your "fandom" to give any resemblance of a neutral perspective on a matter like this. you should probably go post in the political forum where there are more mentally disabled dick riders and you won't stick out like a sore thumb. :thumb:
Sorry buddy, but you're the only person bitching about me, and it's only because you don't like what I have to say. I laid out the reasons why, so it is what it is. Go pontificate somewhere else.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry buddy, but you're the only person bitching about me, and it's only because you don't like what I have to say. I laid out the reasons why, so it is what it is. Go pontificate somewhere else.

7 sacks vs 2 > we played better teams than they did at the end of the year