• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh oh OSU

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how OSU fans can say losing these players won't matter.

Our DBs played 1 on 1 last year with your WRs so we were completely able to shut down Elliot. We did just lose our starting SS, but our corners may be the best duo in the nation and you just lost your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th returning WRs.

I know full well you have a pretty stacked roster, but that's a lot of faith to be throwing on Braxton.
OSU from a year ago is nothing like OSU now.

We have one of the best offensive lines in the nation, and even without those WRs, we are still going to be able to throw out Mike Thomas (who had a great game last year), Curtis Samuel, Elliott, Braxton, and Nick Vannett, among other extremely talented guys that have just been buried on the depth chart. When you routinely have top 5 recruiting classes like OSU, these losses don't hurt as bad.

Probably most important, we don't have a wet behind the ears QB who is just being thrust into the starting lineup. We have one who broke records and one who steamrolled the CFP.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT was 3rd in the country in sacks/per game last season and 3rd in TFL/per game

100% of the DL will return this season and only 1 person in the front 7 will need to be replaced.

If that Dline even minimally improves from last season and stays healthy then they should easily be one of the best pass rushing Dlines in the country. Should make for an interesting match up the first game.

So that covers one unit for VT. What else do they have? Offense, Defensive Backs, etc.....?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how OSU fans can say losing these players won't matter.

Our DBs played 1 on 1 last year with your WRs so we were completely able to shut down Elliot. We did just lose our starting SS, but our corners may be the best duo in the nation and you just lost your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th returning WRs.

I know full well you have a pretty stacked roster, but that's a lot of faith to be throwing on Braxton.

EzE played last years game w/ a fractured wrist, he had surgery shortly before the season started. As far as the suspensions, of course it's gonna hurt Ohio State although I think the Buckeyes still have enough talent to leave Blacksburgh w/ a W. Or at least I hope!

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready for the season to get started already.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talking heads on the ESPN were saying how it might even be better for tOSU to get a loss in this game. They pressure of going undefeated is gone and having a loss they have to work to improve.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talking heads on the ESPN were saying how it might even be better for tOSU to get a loss in this game. They pressure of going undefeated is gone and having a loss they have to work to improve.

Sound ESPN reasoning. :L

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohio State won't lose this game... LOL!!!

Think maybe ESPN is trying to hype up what will still likely be a blowout...

Last season Va Tech caught you all napping and with a QB starting his very first game and the Hokies have a D Coordinator who is adept at taking advantage of that type of situation...

I'm thinking Ohio State goes in there and wins by 4 TDs...

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They were saying the same thing on BTN last night.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a pretty significant loss for Ohio State. Va Tech's D-Line was arguably going to be better than Ohio State's even with Bosa, without him that gives Va Tech an edge. Also the three weapons Ohio State loses on offense is significant as well. Va Tech features what should be a top 5 secondary in college football, and has arguably the best cornerback in college football. My guess is Fuller can take away Mike Thomas this game, and that leaves a lot of pressure on unproven players, although talented.

If Va Tech gets good play out of their QB like they did last year against Ohio State, they can win this game. Brewer played by far his best game of the year against Ohio State last year. Va Tech was also really young at the skill positions last year. Their three leading receivers were freshman last year.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a pretty significant loss for Ohio State. Va Tech's D-Line was arguably going to be better than Ohio State's even with Bosa, without him that gives Va Tech an edge. Also the three weapons Ohio State loses on offense is significant as well. Va Tech features what should be a top 5 secondary in college football, and has arguably the best cornerback in college football. My guess is Fuller can take away Mike Thomas this game, and that leaves a lot of pressure on unproven players, although talented.

If Va Tech gets good play out of their QB like they did last year against Ohio State, they can win this game. Brewer played by far his best game of the year against Ohio State last year. Va Tech was also really young at the skill positions last year. Their three leading receivers were freshman last year.
The D-lines do not play each other. Is the VT D-line going to be better than the Buckeye O-line and vice versa, I say no.
The losses are significant, I agree but last year VT did play against a new QB as well as O-line. With the experience they have, the game will not resemble last years game.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D-lines do not play each other. Is the VT D-line going to be better than the Buckeye O-line and vice versa, I say no.
The losses are significant, I agree but last year VT did play against a new QB as well as O-line. With the experience they have, the game will not resemble last years game.

The Va Tech D-Line will arguably be the best in the country next season. Ohio State's O-line will arguably be the best in the country next season. Honestly think that's about a push. Ohio State's D-Line w/Bosa was very good, without him, that's a significant loss. It definitely won't be as good. Will it be better than Va Tech's offensive line, yeah, I think so, but that gap has certainly decreased.

I also think there is basically zero chance for Cardale to be the starter now with all those weapons gone. Ohio State will need Barrett's accuracy this game.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Va Tech D-Line will arguably be the best in the country next season. Ohio State's O-line will arguably be the best in the country next season. Honestly think that's about a push. Ohio State's D-Line w/Bosa was very good, without him, that's a significant loss. It definitely won't be as good. Will it be better than Va Tech's offensive line, yeah, I think so, but that gap has certainly decreased.

I also think there is basically zero chance for Cardale to be the starter now with all those weapons gone. Ohio State will need Barrett's accuracy this game.
If Meyer things they need that ground game more, it could be Cardale. I still think JT should start but the game plan may dictate that.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I got to disagree here. As mentioned earlier, the Bucks have plenty of depth stashed away. The biggest loss is Bosa. That being said, Michael Thomas should be able to draw double coverage and should leave an open receiver downfield. I wouldn't be surprised if Urbs plays a 2 QB set, similar to the '06 UF team. It's going to be a tough game regardless in Blacksburg. I still like our chances by a wide margin.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why couldn't this be buried until, I don't know, the second to last week of the year?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Va Tech's line is very good. But tOSU played the 3 top 10 d-line's at the end of the season and they did great against him. This game is going to be more about the big uglies and Elliott. If Va Tech can control them, then tOSU will have to look to going through the air. Other than Brax and Thomas they have young guys that are unproven. But all they need is a couple big plays from these guys bc I think the defense will really step up big they have a couple guys that can fill in just fine for Bosa.

I am more worried about the offense and the attack through the air.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why couldn't this be buried until, I don't know, the second to last week of the year?
Because they did not break NCAA rules. They could still play if the school would let them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Meyer things they need that ground game more, it could be Cardale. I still think JT should start but the game plan may dictate that.

That is a good point. Barrett's deep ball is probably better than Cardales'. Cardale has shown he can make the intermediate throws pretty much better than anyone and gain the tough yards needed on the ground being so strong. That could be a huge factor in this game.
I think this game will be closer than people think now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cardale is more suited for big, strong defensive lines. He faced 3 at the end of the year and he just knows how to move the sticks.
I like Barrett to start for the Buckeyes, but I honestly think Cardale is better suited for this game inparticular.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least this news gives Beamer a legit reason for his mouth to be hanging open with drool running out.