• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Serious question for OSU

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Ryan Day's job in jeopardy? 3 straight losses to Michigan the 3rd being to an assistant.

Not trying to pile on or talk shit. He out recruits us every year but the curse of Cooper has to be riling up OSU alum

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Ryan Day's job in jeopardy? 3 straight losses to Michigan the 3rd being to an assistant.

Not trying to pile on or talk shit. He out recruits us every year but the curse of Cooper has to be riling up OSU alum
I suspect you won't be getting an answer for a few days. Gotta let the hangover go away first.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Today's loss is all on McCord. If Day loses next year, then yes, start coach hunting.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like @All-Star Benchwarmer said this loss is all on McCord.

Helluva game though.

Day's job shouldn't be in jeopardy.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see them firing Day, but if they don’t make the playoffs, he will be on the hot seat for next season.

I also don’t think they will fight to keep him if Texas A&M come calling for him. (Just a rumor I heard)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's loss is all on McCord. If Day loses next year, then yes, start coach hunting.
McCord did manage to throw two touchdowns today.

Something no other quarterback was able to accomplish against that exceptional defense this year.

Most passing yards against on the season too. He should hold his head high imo. Gave his team a chance to win.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, B1G landscape changes next year. Game won’t mean as much. Playoffs is where it’s at
There have only been 12 BIG Championship games.

The Game didn’t mean less before 2011. And it’s not like these won’t be the two best programs in the conference moving forward.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCord did manage to throw two touchdowns today.

Something no other quarterback was able to accomplish against that exceptional defense this year.

Most passing yards against on the season too. He should hold his head high imo. Gave his team a chance to win.

McCord's INT was the difference between Ohio State winning and losing. He missed reads all day and didn't know when to scramble. He almost had two more INT's, one of which should have been a TD if McCord read the defender properly.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see them firing Day, but if they don’t make the playoffs, he will be on the hot seat for next season.

I also don’t think they will fight to keep him if Texas A&M come calling for him. (Just a rumor I heard)
Next year with 12 teams in the playoff, if he doesn't make it, he's in serious trouble.

1) His boss - the guy who hired him - is retiring. If Day doesn't pick it up soon, the new guy will be the one on the hot seat to do something.
2) There is absolutely no reason the Buckeyes should ever be below 12th. If they miss the playoffs, he's out of town on a rail (I would assume the same for whomever the next Michigan coach is going to be, because I don't believe Harbaugh is going to coach another regular season game).
3) Day isn't going to A&M. If he leaves on his own, it will be for the NFL. I don't believe that will happen before his son, RJ, who is a pretty good QB, finishes high school. He is currently a freshman, so 3 more years unless he really stinks up the joint.
4) If/when Day is done, Luke Fickell will return to Ohio State as the head coach.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCord's INT was the difference between Ohio State winning and losing. He missed reads all day and didn't know when to scramble. He almost had two more INT's, one of which should have been a TD if McCord read the defender properly.
Once you’re forced to pass against Michigan, you’re fucked. Four things that can happen. And three of em are bad.

More apt to throw a pick than a TD.

Was impressed he got them inside the 40 on that last drive tbh.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really don't see why Day would leave for Aggy. Yeah there's a lot of untapped potential with that program, but there's some major obstacles in that conference especially with UT and OU joining. At least in the B1G it's been largely just Michigan and Frames Janklin. Yeah Oregon and co. will make the conference considerably tougher, but Oregon's probably the only program from the PAC that can regularly compete with them. Maybe USC if Lincoln Riley ever gets his head out of his ass.

We'll see how next year looks but I can't say I'd expect a Michigan win in the Shoe just with all the potential attrition after this season ends

And firing him would be dumb. I don't think Day lost this game. A bad pick earlier and a missed FG cost them. He probably should have gone for that 4th and short around midfield earlier IMO

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The college world is littered with Mark Helfrich, Frank Solich, Lincoln Riley, Fred Akers types.

They all inherit super powered machines built by the previous coach.

They all talk a good game, but they never seem to quite live up to the Ferrari keys they were handed.

They usually end up fired or out in some fashion.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thousand and one wins! This ones sweeter than the last one.

Will any ohios taint fans alive now be alive when they finally hit 1000 wins?

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol ohios taint should have changed up their signals, guess their new Signals coloring book was late arriving. Seems their season schedule has been revised… for the remainder of the year its Tee Time, better luck next year… Maybe if they beg real nice they can still be in the AP top 25 even though they dont deserve it.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3