• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pace looks all-in for this season

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe to save his job? We can disagree on the moves he made and whether they'll work out or not, but the way i see it, he's banking largely on the guys he has any filling the gaps around them. Examples:
  • Trevathan over Kwiatkowski. Looks like he wants the veteran leader over the young guy who played well when called upon, even though Trevathan is more of an injury risk.
  • Graham signing. Seems overpaid, could be washed up, but Pace is banking on him having some left in the tank as a veteran who knows his way around and can step right in.
  • Quinn being brought in to form a 3-headed pass rush monster with Mack and Hicks. Spent some serious money here and therefore hadn't address the secondary very much probably anticipating the pass rush making up for it.
  • Foles being brought in to take over for Trubisky. Probably not a better choice realistically available to us since Foles knows the system and knows the coaches already.
  • Veteran OL Ifedi and Spriggs, opting against spending one of those 2 2nd rounders on one. He's look for experience to step right in and be able to hit the ground running.
  • Kmet over a WR. Nagy probably wants to use plenty of 2 TE like Pederson does with Ertz/Goedert. Having lost all confidence in Burton, Graham and a bunch of 3rd stringers wasn't enough.
  • A corner who presses well like Johnson but isn't an exceptional athlete fits will with an anticipated fierce pass rush that won't make him have to cover too long.
  • Passing on OL in the 2nd for the above reason: wanting guys who can hit the ground running even if they're not big names. He's also putting a lot of faith into Leno-Daniels-Whitehair-Massie to all bounce back and/or step up.
  • Passing on a SS in the 2nd. This is a vote of confidence for Deon Bush and could indicate that Pace wants Bush and his familiarity with the system in there rather than an inexperienced 2nd rounder who might not get a lot of ramp up time thanks to this COVID shit.
I wouldn't count on the guys we got in the 5th and beyond being immediate contributors.

For Pace, this is all or nothing it seems. If Quinn disappoints, the defense could fall apart enough to not be able to carry the offense. If Trevathan or Roquan get hurt we've got nothing behind them. We're counting on every o lineman we had last year bouncing back (Leno/Massie) or stepping up (Daniels/Whitehair) while counting on one of 3 guys to stand out enough to feel good about our right guard. We're counting heavily on Robinson/Miller as we didn't add talent around them. We're counting heavily on Montgomery as we didn't add a back anywhere in the draft that figures to be able to carry the load should he go down.

If it works out and these guys stay healthy and/or play up to expectations (or at least close) then we could be awfully good. It could come down like a house of cards though if one or two key things go wrong. Remains to be seen, but i wonder if Pace feels like his seat is getting warm.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe to save his job? We can disagree on the moves he made and whether they'll work out or not, but the way i see it, he's banking largely on the guys he has any filling the gaps around them. Examples:
  • Trevathan over Kwiatkowski. Looks like he wants the veteran leader over the young guy who played well when called upon, even though Trevathan is more of an injury risk.
  • Graham signing. Seems overpaid, could be washed up, but Pace is banking on him having some left in the tank as a veteran who knows his way around and can step right in.
  • Quinn being brought in to form a 3-headed pass rush monster with Mack and Hicks. Spent some serious money here and therefore hadn't address the secondary very much probably anticipating the pass rush making up for it.
  • Foles being brought in to take over for Trubisky. Probably not a better choice realistically available to us since Foles knows the system and knows the coaches already.
  • Veteran OL Ifedi and Spriggs, opting against spending one of those 2 2nd rounders on one. He's look for experience to step right in and be able to hit the ground running.
  • Kmet over a WR. Nagy probably wants to use plenty of 2 TE like Pederson does with Ertz/Goedert. Having lost all confidence in Burton, Graham and a bunch of 3rd stringers wasn't enough.
  • A corner who presses well like Johnson but isn't an exceptional athlete fits will with an anticipated fierce pass rush that won't make him have to cover too long.
  • Passing on OL in the 2nd for the above reason: wanting guys who can hit the ground running even if they're not big names. He's also putting a lot of faith into Leno-Daniels-Whitehair-Massie to all bounce back and/or step up.
  • Passing on a SS in the 2nd. This is a vote of confidence for Deon Bush and could indicate that Pace wants Bush and his familiarity with the system in there rather than an inexperienced 2nd rounder who might not get a lot of ramp up time thanks to this COVID shit.
I wouldn't count on the guys we got in the 5th and beyond being immediate contributors.

For Pace, this is all or nothing it seems. If Quinn disappoints, the defense could fall apart enough to not be able to carry the offense. If Trevathan or Roquan get hurt we've got nothing behind them. We're counting on every o lineman we had last year bouncing back (Leno/Massie) or stepping up (Daniels/Whitehair) while counting on one of 3 guys to stand out enough to feel good about our right guard. We're counting heavily on Robinson/Miller as we didn't add talent around them. We're counting heavily on Montgomery as we didn't add a back anywhere in the draft that figures to be able to carry the load should he go down.

If it works out and these guys stay healthy and/or play up to expectations (or at least close) then we could be awfully good. It could come down like a house of cards though if one or two key things go wrong. Remains to be seen, but i wonder if Pace feels like his seat is getting warm.
Quinn will have a career year.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(rolls eyes)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
((Foles being brought in to take over for Trubisky.))

This made me laugh. I like Foles and think he is a quality backup. If we see him this year then our season is over.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
((Foles being brought in to take over for Trubisky.))

This made me laugh. I like Foles and think he is a quality backup. If we see him this year then our season is over.

Seriously you need to stop. Foles won a Super Bowl h2h against the greatest dynasty in NFL history and Mitch has us praying for a 2 td or more game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously you need to stop. Foles won a Super Bowl h2h against the greatest dynasty in NFL history and Mitch has us praying for a 2 td or more game.

Jiddy, if you see Foles play you will be very disappointed and our season will be over. The guy was worse then Trubisky last year with better weapons. He is paid backup money for a reason. If Trubisky fails this year then we are drafting QB in the first next year. Foles is a non factor. I think if we fix the oline and run game then Trubisky will be good and Foles could win too, if we fix a few things. If we don't improve on the line then it won't matter who is at QB because both will suck balls. That's my opinion yours may vary. Bears have made it clear they want Trubisky to be the man and he will get every opportunity. Foles? Break glass encase of emergency.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prayed for the guys around Trubisky to get a second TD a game. I prayed for 50+ yards a game from our run game. Trubisky was 6-1 as a starter when we hit the 50+ run yards a game last year. lol fcking 50 yards a game I'm praying for? Sick times indeed.