• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In the Mouth of Sadness: Tennessee Volunteers Football

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday, the Tennessee Volunteers began their football season with hopes of greatness and maybe even an expectation thereof. Providing the tuneup to the rest of the season was Georgia State, a team UT had played once before and beaten back in 2012. The Panthers were coming off a 2-10 2018 campaign and were basically being paid close to a million dollars to be job fodder.

That was the idea anyway. Then the game happened. Here now, excerpts from a game thread at a Tennessee Volunteers message board, from pregame to postgame.

---

So glad to see this thread.. It's Football time in Tennessee!!!!

I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve. I get way too excited about football season. My neighborhood has already heard me yell It's football time in Tennessee and Rocky Top has been played very loud for them also

Up and ready to go....Gonna be a good season.

So here we are. Game 1. Lets not take Ga state lightly. They'll be pumped and wanting an upset to start their season. In the past we'd annihilate a team like this...so let's show em those old Vols are coming back.

Most teams look bad in week one. Let’s hope we’re not one of them.

Ryan Leaf in the booth?????

Here we go!

Of course we start out this way...

Freaking interception on the second play. Damnit.

Guess I’m gonna start drinking again

I quit drinking at the wrong time of year

It's freaking no wonder why they don't want to put us on TV anymore.......laughing stock of the SEC East.

Wow the mistakes are huge already. Stop with the Guns N Rose's on 3rd down. Sucked last year. Come up with something new please

Welp, I see a blackout drunk coming on....

I hate football

Some of you guys are way too emotional already.. it's literally the 2nd drive of the season, calm down.

Touch down now the vols are going to open it up hopefully.

We Want UT Chattanooga!

Everything Ryan Leaf says sounds like a question instead of a statement.

Touchdown!!
These last two series have been much better.

A wild Jennings has appeared.

How in the heck can us Tennessee fans take this game seriously when all we hear is half of the step brothers.

Offense is miserably conservative. There's a reason why we were last in total offense last season in the SEC. If you never try to open things up offensively you become predictable and easy to stop. Hope Chaney isn't gonna be like this all season.

I freaking hate GnR...

Oh no

giphy.gif

Haha! Tie game. Nice defense.

When does basketball season start

Guys, Georgia State was undefeated in their conference last year and beat a couple respectable power 5 teams last year.
.. is what I wish I could say.

Lot of empty seats

They're booing the staff for sitting on a tie ballgame from the 40yd line with 2min left

BYU is going to absolutely kill us

That stadium should just clear out. This is not acceptable.

Good news is, even if we lose this game, we can still win the SEC.

Remember when every one was talking trash about how "bad" Florida looked against Miami? Good times.

Stadium is really empty.

Tiny little crap Georgia State running back just trucking our players.

What in the holy hell

Never expected what I'm seeing

Fire Pruitt. He sucks.

Not even mad bc I’m used to this by now but we look like we made zero progress all off-season. Geez guys,

Lose this game and you clean house, and that is not an over reaction

I'm gonna vomit

Fire them all hell with it

Yeah if we lose this it’s time to burn it all down again. I don’t care if it’s the first game of the season. We look like we played patty cake all offseason instead of actually playing foosball.

Wonder what Georgia State HC buyout is?

giphy.gif

I have no words at this point.
Anyone getting tired of this boy band commercial?

I can’t believe this is what we were all looking forward to all offseason! I’m beyond disappointed with this team right now.

Georgia St players singing rocky top lol

Anybody need tickets for next week?

Love it when the QB drills it 90mph and behind the receiver.

We are about to be the new Michigan if we don't get our act together

No words man. Just not fair. We’ve supposedly done everything we’re supposed to do to get back on top and win. We retained Fitzgerald, beefed everyone up, hired Cheney, went out and got some big bodies up front. So disheartening. College football is fun but the team I love just seems cursed.

1f92c.png
1f92c.png
1f92c.png

Ex App State coaching staff on GS sideline smells a upset like in Ann Arbor

Can we offer that referee a scholarship. His arm talent is far above JGs. Id trade straight up.
1f602.png

LOL JG tackles himself

Student section is empty. Most be giving out free food on campus.

Sittin at a bar in NC, paid $20 tip to get the UT game on the TeeVee...thinking, man...did I get ripped off!

201502_1244_bedgd_sm.jpg

This would pass the 21-14 loss to North Texas State in 1975 as the most embarrassing defeat in Tennessee history.

DC should be fired tonight

So much for that great strength and conditioning guy.....

This might be a 0 win season, I don’t see one at this point with this play

Well I would fire Pruitt, fire assistants, fire grad assistants, fire athletic department, fire players, fire teachers, fire any employee of the school and then just burn it down at this point.

I wonder if we could get Kiffin back?

Get a touchdown for the love of christ

All I know is that if I see chandler again this game, I’m going to have a come apart.

Game ball goes to kicker

My god..... TN's offense is going to have win this game.......
<shiver>

Lmao

PLEASE FIRE EVERYBODY

OMG

Beer game next week should be fun. 100,000 drunks after watching four more quarters of this will start a riot.

I remember when watching college football was fun

I’m free every Saturday through November if anybody wants to play golf.

damn

Lolololol!

We just lost!!!

And the air just went out of the season

Burn it down. Burn the whole thing down.

To hell with this.

Holy fk... I'm about done with is ********!

I just took my vols license plate off my truck.... I can’t take it anymore

"Hello, Carli Lloyd? No...no, we've got a kicker. I was wondering what you think of playing linebacker? "

BOO the players
BOO the coaches
BOO the program
But most importantly, don't you DARE support this team anymore. They will continue thinking they can humiliate themselves like this with 100K in the crowd.

“It can’t get any worse.” That’s only what we’ve been saying since 2008.

If this loss doesn't light a fire under someone's a%#, then there is No hope for this year. So get your alcohol and stack it high and stack it deep, cuz we gonna need it.

I have been a lifelong UT fan and supporter. This is pitiful. I’m done.

I'm literally sitting here with tears in my eyes I just don't know what to say about this and Tennessee is below rock bottom upload_2019-9-1_13-50-3.gif

Please understand what’s happening. We have an embarrassing lost and Ryan Leaf is calling the game. Shoot me......then shoot him.

Is 2 sec enough time to recover onside and throw the hail mary?

Yeah Pruitt run, you bum!!!!

Pruitt should be FIRED ...like right NOW!

Georgia State's first ever win over a Power 5 team.

You know it's bad when I'm not even pissed. It's like I'm used to it or something.

Guys just know this:
Somewhere, a VOL fan went to the game, left the game depressed, came to the Vol Navy dock and is probably just now seeing his boat upload_2019-9-1_13-50-3.gif

Worst loss Tennessee football loss in my 49.5 years of life. This is going to be a long, long year; might be the worst year in the history of Tennessee football. Abysmal performance from the coach to the staff, to the players. Beginning of the end for Jeremy Pruitt and the AD.

Schiano is laughing his ass off somewhere

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just did it to lull BYU into a sense of overconfidence.
You should see what my...ahem...my brethren are saying on the Husker Board. They think we showed an anaemic offense vs. So. Alabama so we could surprise Colorado next week. That's what I'm dealing with over there, Diego.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should see what my...ahem...my brethren are saying on the Husker Board. They think we showed an anaemic offense vs. So. Alabama so we could surprise Colorado next week. That's what I'm dealing with over there, Diego.

Our fans have done that as well, though mostly preSaban. Teams do look ahead, and I doubt NU had anything close to their A game for USA. But I tell them to just admit we played stinky and maybe will be better next week when the opponent is more of a threat. The whole acting like it’s some devious plot is too funny.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm completely dead inside. Football season began and ended so fast. See you all next year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday, the Tennessee Volunteers began their football season with hopes of greatness and maybe even an expectation thereof. Providing the tuneup to the rest of the season was Georgia State, a team UT had played once before and beaten back in 2012. The Panthers were coming off a 2-10 2018 campaign and were basically being paid close to a million dollars to be job fodder.

That was the idea anyway. Then the game happened. Here now, excerpts from a game thread at a Tennessee Volunteers message board, from pregame to postgame.

---

So glad to see this thread.. It's Football time in Tennessee!!!!

I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve. I get way too excited about football season. My neighborhood has already heard me yell It's football time in Tennessee and Rocky Top has been played very loud for them also

Up and ready to go....Gonna be a good season.

So here we are. Game 1. Lets not take Ga state lightly. They'll be pumped and wanting an upset to start their season. In the past we'd annihilate a team like this...so let's show em those old Vols are coming back.

Most teams look bad in week one. Let’s hope we’re not one of them.

Ryan Leaf in the booth?????

Here we go!

Of course we start out this way...

Freaking interception on the second play. Damnit.

Guess I’m gonna start drinking again

I quit drinking at the wrong time of year

It's freaking no wonder why they don't want to put us on TV anymore.......laughing stock of the SEC East.

Wow the mistakes are huge already. Stop with the Guns N Rose's on 3rd down. Sucked last year. Come up with something new please

Welp, I see a blackout drunk coming on....

I hate football

Some of you guys are way too emotional already.. it's literally the 2nd drive of the season, calm down.

Touch down now the vols are going to open it up hopefully.

We Want UT Chattanooga!

Everything Ryan Leaf says sounds like a question instead of a statement.

Touchdown!!
These last two series have been much better.

A wild Jennings has appeared.

How in the heck can us Tennessee fans take this game seriously when all we hear is half of the step brothers.

Offense is miserably conservative. There's a reason why we were last in total offense last season in the SEC. If you never try to open things up offensively you become predictable and easy to stop. Hope Chaney isn't gonna be like this all season.

I freaking hate GnR...

Oh no

giphy.gif

Haha! Tie game. Nice defense.

When does basketball season start

Guys, Georgia State was undefeated in their conference last year and beat a couple respectable power 5 teams last year.
.. is what I wish I could say.

Lot of empty seats

They're booing the staff for sitting on a tie ballgame from the 40yd line with 2min left

BYU is going to absolutely kill us

That stadium should just clear out. This is not acceptable.

Good news is, even if we lose this game, we can still win the SEC.

Remember when every one was talking trash about how "bad" Florida looked against Miami? Good times.

Stadium is really empty.

Tiny little crap Georgia State running back just trucking our players.

What in the holy hell

Never expected what I'm seeing

Fire Pruitt. He sucks.

Not even mad bc I’m used to this by now but we look like we made zero progress all off-season. Geez guys,

Lose this game and you clean house, and that is not an over reaction

I'm gonna vomit

Fire them all hell with it

Yeah if we lose this it’s time to burn it all down again. I don’t care if it’s the first game of the season. We look like we played patty cake all offseason instead of actually playing foosball.

Wonder what Georgia State HC buyout is?

giphy.gif

I have no words at this point.
Anyone getting tired of this boy band commercial?

I can’t believe this is what we were all looking forward to all offseason! I’m beyond disappointed with this team right now.

Georgia St players singing rocky top lol

Anybody need tickets for next week?

Love it when the QB drills it 90mph and behind the receiver.

We are about to be the new Michigan if we don't get our act together

No words man. Just not fair. We’ve supposedly done everything we’re supposed to do to get back on top and win. We retained Fitzgerald, beefed everyone up, hired Cheney, went out and got some big bodies up front. So disheartening. College football is fun but the team I love just seems cursed.

1f92c.png
1f92c.png
1f92c.png

Ex App State coaching staff on GS sideline smells a upset like in Ann Arbor

Can we offer that referee a scholarship. His arm talent is far above JGs. Id trade straight up.
1f602.png

LOL JG tackles himself

Student section is empty. Most be giving out free food on campus.

Sittin at a bar in NC, paid $20 tip to get the UT game on the TeeVee...thinking, man...did I get ripped off!

201502_1244_bedgd_sm.jpg

This would pass the 21-14 loss to North Texas State in 1975 as the most embarrassing defeat in Tennessee history.

DC should be fired tonight

So much for that great strength and conditioning guy.....

This might be a 0 win season, I don’t see one at this point with this play

Well I would fire Pruitt, fire assistants, fire grad assistants, fire athletic department, fire players, fire teachers, fire any employee of the school and then just burn it down at this point.

I wonder if we could get Kiffin back?

Get a touchdown for the love of christ

All I know is that if I see chandler again this game, I’m going to have a come apart.

Game ball goes to kicker

My god..... TN's offense is going to have win this game.......
<shiver>

Lmao

PLEASE FIRE EVERYBODY

OMG

Beer game next week should be fun. 100,000 drunks after watching four more quarters of this will start a riot.

I remember when watching college football was fun

I’m free every Saturday through November if anybody wants to play golf.

damn

Lolololol!

We just lost!!!

And the air just went out of the season

Burn it down. Burn the whole thing down.

To hell with this.

Holy fk... I'm about done with is ********!

I just took my vols license plate off my truck.... I can’t take it anymore

"Hello, Carli Lloyd? No...no, we've got a kicker. I was wondering what you think of playing linebacker? "

BOO the players
BOO the coaches
BOO the program
But most importantly, don't you DARE support this team anymore. They will continue thinking they can humiliate themselves like this with 100K in the crowd.

“It can’t get any worse.” That’s only what we’ve been saying since 2008.

If this loss doesn't light a fire under someone's a%#, then there is No hope for this year. So get your alcohol and stack it high and stack it deep, cuz we gonna need it.

I have been a lifelong UT fan and supporter. This is pitiful. I’m done.

I'm literally sitting here with tears in my eyes I just don't know what to say about this and Tennessee is below rock bottom View attachment 215360

Please understand what’s happening. We have an embarrassing lost and Ryan Leaf is calling the game. Shoot me......then shoot him.

Is 2 sec enough time to recover onside and throw the hail mary?

Yeah Pruitt run, you bum!!!!

Pruitt should be FIRED ...like right NOW!

Georgia State's first ever win over a Power 5 team.

You know it's bad when I'm not even pissed. It's like I'm used to it or something.

Guys just know this:
Somewhere, a VOL fan went to the game, left the game depressed, came to the Vol Navy dock and is probably just now seeing his boat View attachment 215361

Worst loss Tennessee football loss in my 49.5 years of life. This is going to be a long, long year; might be the worst year in the history of Tennessee football. Abysmal performance from the coach to the staff, to the players. Beginning of the end for Jeremy Pruitt and the AD.

Schiano is laughing his ass off somewhere

Did that honestly say — Tennessee is going to become the next Michigan?!?

Hate to break the news to Tennessee fans, but you are way past where Michigan has ever gone and things aren’t looking up.

You haven’t even won 10 games in over a decade and you are only 6 games over .500 in the last 15 years.

I needed a good laugh. Ty Tennessee.