• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh oh OSU

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to disagree here. As mentioned earlier, the Bucks have plenty of depth stashed away. The biggest loss is Bosa. That being said, Michael Thomas should be able to draw double coverage and should leave an open receiver downfield. I wouldn't be surprised if Urbs plays a 2 QB set, similar to the '06 UF team. It's going to be a tough game regardless in Blacksburg. I still like our chances by a wide margin.

I don't think we'll double cover anyone - just like we didn't last year.

I won't be shocked if OSU wins, but it won't be 'by a wide margin.' I don't think your fans realize how good our D is supposed to be, and we saw last year what Bud can do w a full off-season to prepare. Our front four could be be the All ACC front four by seasons end.

I'm just not sure if our offense will move the ball effectively

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think we'll double cover anyone - just like we didn't last year.

I won't be shocked if OSU wins, but it won't be 'by a wide margin.' I don't think your fans realize how good our D is supposed to be, and we saw last year what Bud can do w a full off-season to prepare. Our front four could be be the All ACC front four by seasons end.

I'm just not sure if our offense will move the ball effectively
Seems you keep forgetting about the inexperience of nearly the entire Buckeye offense last season. I don't think he'll be nearly as successful stopping this offense. By the way I was at that game. The Bucks did a little stopping themselves.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys keep claiming that, not realizing VT was even younger and greener than OSU. We had pressure on your QB all night and all of those guys return. Our front four could literally be the All-ACC front four by seasons end.

I was at the game too. Both teams made mistakes. There was nothing that happened that makes me feel like "you beat yourself"

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was picking too. Funny how everybody can dish it out but feels insulted when it comes back at them.

that's fine. I wasnt dishing out shit though. Interesting that other Buckeyes agreed with my post.

Just making a fucking comment, and you went all attack mode.:fencing:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys keep claiming that, not realizing VT was even younger and greener than OSU. We had pressure on your QB all night and all of those guys return. Our front four could literally be the All-ACC front four by seasons end.

I was at the game too. Both teams made mistakes. There was nothing that happened that makes me feel like "you beat yourself"
It just doesn't appear that VT improved throughout the year last year the way tOSU did.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no, not at all.
Then why you acting like an ass? You're the one that couldn't take a joke. You're the one that called me a jerk and accused me of "attacking" you. LMFAO
Nowhere did I attack you or act like any more of a "jerk" than you did. I'll try to remember in the future that you're feelings get hurt easily.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why you acting like an ass? You're the one that couldn't take a joke. You're the one that called me a jerk and accused me of "attacking" you. LMFAO
Nowhere did I attack you or act like any more of a "jerk" than you did. I'll try to remember in the future that you're feelings get hurt easily.

I think we both just completely missed the other's communication. At least I did, apparently.

Obviously your joke went sailing over my head. Then we just keep sending shit back and forth that misses as well.

I made a point about the pitfalls of championship teams, and I was NOT slamming OSU/your team in ANY way.
You responded, with what you say is a joke, about 'just worry about your fourth place big12 team' or something like that.

It seemed to me that you were the one with thin skin, the one who got hurt feeling easily.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm man enough to admit it. I definitely dont get hurt feelings. But I also will send the shit back to anyone who slings it at me.

Let's just let it go at that. I definitely have zero hard feelings. None whatsoever.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we both just completely missed the other's communication. At least I did, apparently.

Obviously your joke went sailing over my head. Then we just keep sending shit back and forth that misses as well.

I made a point about the pitfalls of championship teams, and I was NOT slamming OSU/your team in ANY way.
You responded, with what you say is a joke, about 'just worry about your fourth place big12 team' or something like that.

It seemed to me that you were the one with thin skin, the one who got hurt feeling easily.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm man enough to admit it. I definitely dont get hurt feelings. But I also will send the shit back to anyone who slings it at me.

Let's just let it go at that. I definitely have zero hard feelings. None whatsoever.
We're good. Start fresh and see where it goes.

I don't take much on here personally. There are maybe two people I don't care much for. I lake the trash talk as long as it doesn't get personal. The way I see it is you can attack my team all you want. Just don't attack me.

Have a good evening. I'm out for the day.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're good. Start fresh and see where it goes.

I don't take much on here personally. There are maybe two people I don't care much for. I lake the trash talk as long as it doesn't get personal. The way I see it is you can attack my team all you want. Just don't attack me.

Have a good evening. I'm out for the day.

You guys should cuddle, maybe a little foreplay before, shit maybe after.

:laugh3: Just messing around

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just doesn't appear that VT improved throughout the year last year the way tOSU did.

VT got decimated by injuries throughout last season. I have been a VT fan for awhile now and have never seen them suffer as many injuries as last season. Not even close, really.

You have to remember that VT doesn't recruit to the level of the Ohio States of the world. When significant injuries start to pile up, VT doesn't have the depth to rebound like some.

Even with those injuries though, they still fielded a top notch defense and got some playing time to the young guys that will hopefully be backing up the starters this season or starting themselves.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU is too, even without Bosa :yes:

So that brings us to the question, how good is Va Tech's o-line?

And that is the question that will not be answered until gameday and the most important matchup of the game. The "premier" matchup in this game may be VT's D vs. OSU's O (or specifically VT's Dline vs Ohio State's Oline) but i think the more important matchup is going to be on the other side. Which offense is VT going to get in the first game? Early season or late season last year? Which defense will Ohio State get in that first game? Early season or late season last year? We won't know until those lights come on. I think that "premier" matchup will be a slobber knocker.....but won't be what dictates who wins that game.

So that covers one unit for VT. What else do they have? Offense, Defensive Backs, etc.....?

Probably the best going into next season (but certainly one of the best) DE, CB, and TE duos in the country. A lot of skill inside at DT. A good OLB. A green MLB that struggled some in backup duty last year. 2 new safeties (only one of which i am concerned with but wasn't concerned at all a week ago). Some good potential and depth at RB yet not elite like Elliot would be. A WR core that were pretty much all true freshman last year and led to VT fans being extremely optimistic at that position in the future. A QB that went from looking great at times to fucking horrible at other times. And an Oline that is still TBD. The Oline returns 3 guys from last year and I fully expect them to be a better unit than we have had in years, but i'm not sure if that will happen preseason or deep into the season.

I think this is a pretty significant loss for Ohio State. Va Tech's D-Line was arguably going to be better than Ohio State's even with Bosa, without him that gives Va Tech an edge. Also the three weapons Ohio State loses on offense is significant as well. Va Tech features what should be a top 5 secondary in college football, and has arguably the best cornerback in college football. My guess is Fuller can take away Mike Thomas this game, and that leaves a lot of pressure on unproven players, although talented.

If Va Tech gets good play out of their QB like they did last year against Ohio State, they can win this game. Brewer played by far his best game of the year against Ohio State last year. Va Tech was also really young at the skill positions last year. Their three leading receivers were freshman last year.

this man knows his foozeball