• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh oh OSU

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

proof was in the pudding

sorry

15788385-mmmain.jpg

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
proof was in the pudding

sorry

15788385-mmmain.jpg
A game from almost a full year ago (when you got the benefit of facing a QB who had no idea what he was doing at the time) means nothing. We have the better line. Just deal with it already.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You moron. I've discussed college football across the board since I've been. OSU fans are no different than any other fans in the nation when it comes to discussing our team, stop being so ignorant.

We have a surefire top 5 pick and another fringe first rounder (Washington), along with tons and tons of depth due to elite recruiting. VT cannot say the same. They're good, and I've acknowledged that twice now, but they simply aren't as good as OSU's. Sorry to hurt your feelings so bad.

VT has actually recruited very well along the defensive line the last two years. In 2014 they signed two 4* in that class and the 2015 class they signed a 5* DT along with two other 4*'s on the defensive line. So to suggest they don't have depth would be wrong IMO.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT has actually recruited very well along the defensive line the last two years. In 2014 they signed two 4* in that class and the 2015 class they signed a 5* DT along with two other 4*'s on the defensive line. So to suggest they don't have depth would be wrong IMO.
In 2015 I see one 4* and one 3/4*, and in 2014 I see the same thing. Where are you seeing these rankings?

Virginia Tech 2014 Football Commits

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A game from almost a full year ago (when you got the benefit of facing a QB who had no idea what he was doing at the time) means nothing. We have the better line. Just deal with it already.

it may have been a full year ago, but all of those same guys are playing this year and will be better than they were a year ago from more experience. You guys have a handful of new guys and your best player won't even be playing. Do you even know who your starters will be yet? Cool, because we have known since that line woodsheded your guys in your own house last year who ours were. :thumb:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it may have been a full year ago, but all of those same guys are playing this year and will be better than they were a year ago from more experience. You guys have a handful of new guys and your best player won't even be playing. Do you even know who your starters will be yet? Cool, because we have known since that line woodsheded your guys in your own house last year who ours were. :thumb:
Why would they be better when they did not seem to improve the rest of last year?

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be wearing Maroon and Orange on that gameday to be sure. By the way, that is going to be one fugly outfit I will be sporting.:heh:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT's Dline played well all season.......even after losing their best player (Luther Maddy) early in the season with a torn acl. Maddy will be back and he will have more experienced depth behind him giving him a breath when he needs one now.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT's Dline played well all season.......even after losing their best player (Luther Maddy) early in the season with a torn acl. Maddy will be back and he will have more experienced depth behind him giving him a breath when he needs one now.

Thats cool. Ohio State's best player on offense missed the game last year as well. He'll be back this year.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Rankings.
It's still been a joke when considering how many highly rated DLine guys have come out of the state of Virginia and surrounding areas in the last few years. :L

VT's two best Dlineman currently are Dadi Nicholas and Luther Maddy who were both 2-star prospects in high school so fuck all of those rankings.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats cool. Ohio State's best player on offense missed the game last year as well. He'll be back this year.

at a position he's never played and without....what like 3 other guys that are like 2nd, 3rd, and 4th on the depth chart? Miller could be a fucking beast or could be a huge dud. No way to know without some playing time.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at a position he's never played and without....what like 3 other guys that are like 2nd, 3rd, and 4th on the depth chart? Miller could be a fucking beast or could be a huge dud. No way to know without some playing time.

He'll be doing what he does best. Running with the ball.

What do you think VT's chances are to win?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be doing what he does best. Running with the ball.

What do you think VT's chances are to win?

I could see something like

• 10% chance of VT blowing out OSU
  • 30 % chance of VT winning a close one
  • 35% chance of Ohio State winning a close one
  • 25% chance of Ohio State winning a blow out

so maybe a 60 - 40 chance Ohio State wins.......that is before preseason injuries or any other roster changing circumstances are taken into affect here in the next month

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see something like

• 10% chance of VT blowing out OSU
  • 30 % chance of VT winning a close one
  • 35% chance of Ohio State winning a close one
  • 25% chance of Ohio State winning a blow out

so maybe a 60 - 40 chance Ohio State wins.......that is before preseason injuries or any other roster changing circumstances are taken into affect here in the next month

Did Va Tech ever play like they did vs. Ohio State at any other point in the season last year? I mean their offense seemed to be clicking last year vs. OSU and then every time I saw them the rest of the year it wasn't even close to what I saw in the Shoe.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Va Tech ever play like they did vs. Ohio State at any other point in the season last year? I mean their offense seemed to be clicking last year vs. OSU and then every time I saw them the rest of the year it wasn't even close to what I saw in the Shoe.

They had moments but probably not a complete game and definitely not against the caliber of opponent they were playing that day. They were extremely inconsistent....which is expected when (i forgot the exact number and am too lazy to look it up right this second) like 90% of your offensive touchdowns are being scored by freshman (at every WR spot, your go to TE, and your RBs) and you have a QB whose first snaps in your offense were being had less than a month before the season started.

If we can field a competent Oline and Michael Brewer doesn't go full retard in the interception dept. then I think it has the potential to be a very good and close game. If neither of those happen though then it could get ugly super quick for the home team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is Urban better not take this game for granted, I think he knows this. I dont know how either teams are going to play, but Ohio St better be on their A game.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys keep claiming that, not realizing VT was even younger and greener than OSU. We had pressure on your QB all night and all of those guys return. Our front four could literally be the All-ACC front four by seasons end.

I was at the game too. Both teams made mistakes. There was nothing that happened that makes me feel like "you beat yourself"

VT beat Ohio State last year. No question about it. You guys had what seemed like 20 sacks on the night. The big difference b/t the two teams last year and the optimism for this year is that their game last year was a low point in the season for tOSU and they just improved each game thereafter, obviously culminating in the ultimate prize at the end of the season. VT, on the other hand seemed to regress each week after the Ohio State game and finished with an extremely lackluster record.