• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh-oh HaroldSeattle!!!!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle

Mayfield might end up in Seattle before the season gets started :oops:

You better hope the Browns dont cut him.
Girl Smile GIF

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mayfield plays, he'll outperform expectations. Not that that says much. He could be a middle-of-the-pack QB.

With more weird crap coming out about Watson, it makes sense for the Browns to hold on to Mayfield. Watson may not play at all this year.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mayfield plays, he'll outperform expectations. Not that that says much. He could be a middle-of-the-pack QB.

With more weird crap coming out about Watson, it makes sense for the Browns to hold on to Mayfield. Watson may not play at all this year.

Baker seems like the type to hold out this year he really wants nothing to do with the Browns

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile... Russell Wilson reportedly wants a 5 year $250M contract.

tumblr_ljkahzoZ671qanb21o1_500.gif

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

If the suspension is significant I wouldn't be shocked if the Browns made a play for Jimmy G at a redone deal of course. The offense and the team is setup just like the 9ers so he could slide right in without any major issues.

Ideally, I'm sure they'd rather keep Baker over that option but they also don't want the headache of a disgruntled QB all season long either.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of Baker and just don't think he is good enough to start for any team in the NFL other than a stop gap (it seems most teams agree with me because $18M is a steal if you think a guy is a starter) but I would pursue him if I didn't have a decent QB or was looking for a really good backup. I think trading for him and his contract vs pursuing him if cut are two drastically different things. I've said all along any team that trades for his cap hit is dumb because he isn't worth it. But I also think that any team without a decent QB or is looking for a good backup that doesn't at least kick the tires is also dumb. I'm not sure he would start in Seattle but I don't see how adding him at less than $10M per would be a bad thing for them

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the lukewarm interest in Mayfield, and the very real chance Watson misses a lot of time, you have to keep Mayfield this season if you are the Browns.

But I would love to see Mayfield in the NFC West playing the Niners, Rams and Cardinals. He'd get destroyed for sure.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Itd be funny to see Baker Mayfield back up Drew Lock

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the lukewarm interest in Mayfield, and the very real chance Watson misses a lot of time, you have to keep Mayfield this season if you are the Browns.

But I would love to see Mayfield in the NFC West playing the Niners, Rams and Cardinals. He'd get destroyed for sure.

The most interesting storyline this season would be a very long Watson suspension and a very unhappy at Browns organization Baker leading the Browns to one of the best records in the NFL.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He won't play another down for the Browns. They signed Brissett for a reason

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the suspension is significant I wouldn't be shocked if the Browns made a play for Jimmy G at a redone deal of course. The offense and the team is setup just like the 9ers so he could slide right in without any major issues.

Ideally, I'm sure they'd rather keep Baker over that option but they also don't want the headache of a disgruntled QB all season long either.
Mayfield will get over it. He's playing for his next contract and this year he'll make a boatload more money than he's gotten before, so I doubt he decides to forego it. (But it's still less than Jimmy G.'s contract.)

If Watson can't play, keeping Mayfield makes by far the most sense for the Browns out of a bunch of bad options, and if the Browns don't cut him, playing this year, making bank and showing he can be good again makes by far the most sense for Mayfield. Pouting would be nuts.

Only some other team coming in with a nice offer for Mayfield could change that, but that other team would probably rather have Jimmy G.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock > Mayfield
I was just joking earlier but where there is smoke, there is fire.

If literally no one wants Baker at a reasonable cost then the NFL is telling us something

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't play another down for the Browns. They signed Brissett for a reason
To back up Watson in the long term, because they have similar styles.

Mayfield is a far better passer than Brissett. Not that that's saying much.

Mayfield's on the last year of his contract and the Browns won't re-sign him. He's no threat to Watson.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just joking earlier but where there is smoke, there is fire.

If literally no one wants Baker at a reasonable cost then the NFL is telling us something
well more to it than just his salary.
what are the browns asking for in a trade? Do teams think he will eventually get cut? If so as a GM you would get fired for trading for him. Not only you keep your draft capital, but you can sign him most likely for a cheap price. Since he is already getting 18+ mil from browns. Or just wait for the browns to sell him for pennies on the dollar vs. trading right now. Plenty of reasons not to move on him right now even if you would like him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To back up Watson in the long term, because they have similar styles.

Mayfield is a far better passer than Brissett. Not that that's saying much.

Mayfield's on the last year of his contract and the Browns won't re-sign him. He's no threat to Watson.
It doesn't matter if Baker is better the relationship is shot. Baker not only won't re-sign which is already obvious, he won't play another down for the Browns.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well more to it than just his salary.
what are the browns asking for in a trade? Do teams think he will eventually get cut? If so as a GM you would get fired for trading for him. Not only you keep your draft capital, but you can sign him most likely for a cheap price. Since he is already getting 18+ mil from browns. Or just wait for the browns to sell him for pennies on the dollar vs. trading right now. Plenty of reasons not to move on him right now even if you would like him.
Well declined a trade from Carolina where Carolina only wanted to pay I think around $6M of the $18M. So that isn't unreasonable by the Browns. Like I have been saying all along they have been waiting out the market, they still have a couple months at worst. If an injury happens or teams realize they don't have a good QB room then maybe the Browns get a little more desperate and cover half his salary. That would fine for both sides at this point.