• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trades that should happen but won't

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're just speculating. The Warriors seemed to have done just fine with Steph not being 100% given the depth the Warriors had. Hell, they were within a kunt hair of winning the title with Steph not being 100%. Once again, who have the Clippers added to the bench since their series win against the Spurs that makes them so formidable now. Their best bench player (who's pretty good) is a 36 year old SG in Crawford, who was on that team two years ago. As I've said before, the Clippers aren't going to the conference finals. I wouldn't even be surprised if they're not even the 3rd best team in the West.

On paper, the Clippers should be able to finish at least 3rd in the West and maybe even be good enough to reach the WCF with a punchers chance at the finals, especially with KD no longer in OKC. They are arguably the deepest team in the league.

The problem is, they always seem to find a way to underachieve. I don't know if it's the coach as a lot of folks seem to think? If it's the mix of players they have where they just don't fit quite good enough to get them over the hump? Or some combination. But they just don't ever seem to be able to live up to expectations.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens in the off-season if they fall short again. I'd think that has to be getting old for guys like Blake and CP3.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, the Clippers should be able to finish at least 3rd in the West and maybe even be good enough to reach the WCF with a punchers chance at the finals, especially with KD no longer in OKC. They are arguably the deepest team in the league.

The problem is, they always seem to find a way to underachieve. I don't know if it's the coach as a lot of folks seem to think? If it's the mix of players they have where they just don't fit quite good enough to get them over the hump? Or some combination. But they just don't ever seem to be able to live up to expectations.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens in the off-season if they fall short again. I'd think that has to be getting old for guys like Blake and CP3.

On paper they look great. That's the problem, something's just not clicking and I think that comes down to coaching.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this will be a great barometer to measure market vs. Winning vs. money.

I don't know what the financial climate will be for other Teams...I'd...who has mad money etc.

Ballmer has already said he will go full max to keep Blake and Paul...not sure about JJ.

But, if they get put out before the WCF, You would think both would be weighing their options.

If I'm Cp3, I'd go to the Spurs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper they look great. That's the problem, something's just not clicking and I think that comes down to coaching.

Yeah, you may be right. The interesting thing is that Doc is a good coach in a lot of areas (he's almost entirely responsible for DeAndre Jordan's emergence as a top player), but something seems to be missing, especially in the playoffs.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doc reminds me of folks who want to be the "Cool Parent ", instead of the parent who puts his foot in his kids ass when he does the wrong thing.

Players seem to love him. But, that shit gets old when you keep losing.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LA is definitely 2nd or 3rd in the West. Memphis is really the only other team that comes close, and they are a notch below even without their inevitable injuries.

Yeah, they are top 4.

But, the gap between 1 and 4 seems to be 50 ppg......lol

#BeatLikeTheyStoleSumthin

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will be a great barometer to measure market vs. Winning vs. money.

I don't know what the financial climate will be for other Teams...I'd...who has mad money etc.

Ballmer has already said he will go full max to keep Blake and Paul...not sure about JJ.

But, if they get put out before the WCF, You would think both would be weighing their options.

If I'm Cp3, I'd go to the Spurs.

Yeah, that's the thing. The Clips can go full max to keep those guys, but if they want championships and feel that it's not going to happen with the Clips, they may decide to move on. At this point in their careers, they may feel that they can sacrifice some money for a chance at a title.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you may be right. The interesting thing is that Doc is a good coach in a lot of areas (he's almost entirely responsible for DeAndre Jordan's emergence as a top player), but something seems to be missing, especially in the playoffs.

Yeah, DeAndre is all Doc.

He got Paul to reup....let's see if he can pull that rabbit out of his hat a second time.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's the thing. The Clips can go full max to keep those guys, but if they want championships and feel that it's not going to happen with the Clips, they may decide to move on. At this point in their careers, they may feel that they can sacrifice some money for a chance at a title.

Yup.....we will find out what is most important to both these guys this Summer.

Without a serious upgrade at the 3, they can't honestly believe they are Championship caliber.

So, if they stay...it's about the money......UNLESS....there are no viable options that would improve their chances if they moved on.

The Spurs are really the only Team that Paul could go to that would clearly make them better than the Clippers....on paper, as of now.

Maybe the Knicks if Noah holds up.

Blake is tougher....he could go to OKC.

But, I don't think he'd enjoy playing with Westbrook.

The Celtics?...Yeah...that would be an option.

Who knows...Maybe some Team will establish themselves this year and turn free agency upside down.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets hurt..a lot.

But, it's a contract year....
Funny how guys tend to fight the injury bug a bit better during those contract years, isn't it?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they beat the Spurs a couple years ago when Timmy was really really good that year and had a monster series.

Clips are really really good- and Blake is gonna be super motivated.

Don't see it. Clips are simply not a championship team, with a GLARING CHASM at SF.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see it. Clips are simply not a championship team, with a GLARING CHASM at SF.
Mbah a Moute is a good defender, thats all they really need at SF.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread did exactly what I wanted it to do and is on pace to maybe exceed expectations

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mbah a Moute is a good defender, thats all they really need at SF.

I disagree, and it's only their weakest spot. SG is meh, center can't be a go-to for points, etc. I just don't have any faith in any starter on that team other than CP3 to get it done in the postseason, and he is likely on the downside of his career and needs help.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, and it's only their weakest spot. SG is meh, center can't be a go-to for points, etc. I just don't have any faith in any starter on that team other than CP3 to get it done in the postseason, and he is likely on the downside of his career and needs help.
Well what are we talking about them doing? I think they have a chance at the WCF. Still not sold that they would get by the Spurs, because Doc would get outcoached in that series, but I do think they have the talent to do it. I'm not predicting a championship or anything.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what are we talking about them doing? I think they have a chance at the WCF. Still not sold that they would get by the Spurs, because Doc would get outcoached in that series, but I do think they have the talent to do it. I'm not predicting a championship or anything.

I can't see them winning a second round series. They're the same (or worse) as they've been in their resurgent years.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what I was eluding to earlier where people thought they'd make the WCF. I just don't see it.

And I'm sorry, Mecca. I really want you to enjoy a title.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I was eluding to earlier where people thought they'd make the WCF. I just don't see it.

And I'm sorry, Mecca. I really want you to enjoy a title.

They really need a go-to wing scorer. Of course, not the easiest thing to find (or afford under the cap).