• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trades that should happen but won't

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is, I just think LA will eventually have to choose between Clarkson and Russell and I believe Russell has more talent. Clarkson reminds me of Brandon Knight a little, combo guard with no real position but can play both PG and SG, very good scorer but can't do much else at a high level. Think if he accepted a sixth man role he'd be perfect for that, but you got Lou Will doing that for you already.

If they are going to trade a guard, I'd rather see them trade Williams than Clarkson. Clarkson is only 24, Williams turns 30 soon. I like that both Clarkson and Russell can be combo guards. It lightens the load for both of them.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are going to trade a guard, I'd rather see them trade Williams than Clarkson. Clarkson is only 24, Williams turns 30 soon. I like that both Clarkson and Russell can be combo guards. It lightens the load for both of them.

considering they are both 6'5" and seem to play off one another pretty well i'm with you. they're bigger than most guards and bring a lot of athleticism to the game. plus as you suggested the 2 of them can be "interchangeable"...

if it's ANYONE i'd let go it'd be Williams...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
considering they are both 6'5" and seem to play off one another pretty well i'm with you. they're bigger than most guards and bring a lot of athleticism to the game. plus as you suggested the 2 of them can be "interchangeable"...

Yeah, at this point, I think the only way I would want to part with Clarkson would be if the Lakers got the proverbial "offer they couldn't refuse."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, at this point, I think the only way I would want to part with Clarkson would be if the Lakers got the proverbial "offer they couldn't refuse."
???

inefficient ball dominant combo guards are a dime a dozen in the NBA.

Nerleans Noel would be freaking perfect- him for that foreign center rookie and Clarkson would be amazing for the Lakers long term prospects---- lets Russell get more run- Ingram too--- and gives them a young rim defender that can run in transition with Russell and finish at the rim. would be an amazing trade for the Lakers.....Noel looks a lot like a Biyombo or a TT that can guard from the 2-5 if he needs to. those guys are WAAY more valuable than a guard who isnt that efficient and really isnt a point or a SG.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

isnt this Williams last year on his K? if so- i bet you could get a 2nd rounder for him around the deadline.....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

inefficient ball dominant combo guards are a dime a dozen in the NBA.

Nerleans Noel would be freaking perfect- him for that foreign center rookie and Clarkson would be amazing for the Lakers long term prospects---- lets Russell get more run- Ingram too--- and gives them a young rim defender that can run in transition with Russell and finish at the rim. would be an amazing trade for the Lakers.....Noel looks a lot like a Biyombo or a TT that can guard from the 2-5 if he needs to. those guys are WAAY more valuable than a guard who isnt that efficient and really isnt a point or a SG.

Good points. I may have some bias towards Clarkson because I really like the kid's drive and work ethic. I have to disagree on ball dominant though, because he isn't someone that I would consider ball dominant. He and Russell actually play pretty well together and the ball movement in Luke's offense was really good last night. If that's what we're going to see moving forward, there's a good bit to be excited about and I like that this group could all grow up together.

Have to admit though, I wouldn't necessarily hate a trade involving Clarkson and Noel (especially if they could somehow include Nick Young in the deal. lol)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. I may have some bias towards Clarkson because I really like the kid's drive and work ethic. I have to disagree on ball dominant though, because he isn't someone that I would consider ball dominant. He and Russell actually play pretty well together and the ball movement in Luke's offense was really good last night. If that's what we're going to see moving forward, there's a good bit to be excited about and I like that this group could all grow up together.

Have to admit though, I wouldn't necessarily hate a trade involving Clarkson and Noel (especially if they could somehow include Nick Young in the deal. lol)
Noel would help solve a LOT of defensive issues- and give Russell a great athlete to run the court with and finish above the rim in transition. That would be fun to watch.

Clarkson isnt a bad player- he can be a nice spark plug off the bench with some scoring punch- but he is really not that efficient- and his Turnover to assist ratio is pretty abysmal. You can find guys like Clarkson around the league. There are not many guys like Noel who can defend a SG in the pick and roll but also stuff a center in the middle and change shots. Plus- get more athletic and fast in the front court.....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noel would help solve a LOT of defensive issues- and give Russell a great athlete to run the court with and finish above the rim in transition. That would be fun to watch.

Clarkson isnt a bad player- he can be a nice spark plug off the bench with some scoring punch- but he is really not that efficient- and his Turnover to assist ratio is pretty abysmal. You can find guys like Clarkson around the league. There are not many guys like Noel who can defend a SG in the pick and roll but also stuff a center in the middle and change shots. Plus- get more athletic and fast in the front court.....

Yeah, I think part of the problem for Clarkson is the coaches he's had and Kobe's presence. Kind of hard to be efficient, etc. when you don't know what your role may be from game to game and there's an aging superstar who is the very definition of ball dominant.

I'm interested to see what he does in an offense built around ball movement and with a coach who actually knows how to teach young players.

The idea of Noel in the paint and running the floor is definitely intriguing though.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see them getting to the conference finals this year. The only team standing in their way is the Spurs

Sorry, I just don't see it. I don't think they get by the Spurs or Warriors.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see them getting by SA depending on how much the Spurs defense slips with Duncan gone. LA is still a scary offensive team when healthy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see them getting by SA depending on how much the Spurs defense slips with Duncan gone. LA is still a scary offensive team when healthy.

Yeah same here. They just eliminated the spurs two years ago and they improved since then

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure they'll slip all that much. Pau is no Timmy on the defensive end, but it's not as if he doesn't play any defense. The Spurs team defense will likely hide Pau's defensive liabilities. Pop will no doubt see to that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they beat the Spurs a couple years ago when Timmy was really really good that year and had a monster series.

Clips are really really good- and Blake is gonna be super motivated.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure they'll slip all that much. Pau is no Timmy on the defensive end, but it's not as if he doesn't play any defense. The Spurs team defense will likely hide Pau's defensive liabilities. Pop will no doubt see to that.

bingo...

i don't think the Spurs will drop off that much defensively. imo it'll be a Dubs/Spurs conference final...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they beat the Spurs a couple years ago when Timmy was really really good that year and had a monster series.

Clips are really really good- and Blake is gonna be super motivated.

Parker had a strained hamstring in that series. Clippers played as good as I've ever seen them play and still won on a game-winning shot in game 7. Like I've said, Doc Rivers is a corch.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah same here. They just eliminated the spurs two years ago and they improved since then

How have the Clippers improved since that series win 2 years ago? Spurs didn't have Aldridge either at the time.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A swap of Rudy Gay and Ricky Rubio seems almost too logical. The Kings desperately need a PG and Rudy wants out bad. Rudy would help the Wolves with some additional scoring and could form a formidable scoring trio with KAT and Wiggins. Immediately boosts both teams. Salaries match up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How have the Clippers improved since that series win 2 years ago? Spurs didn't have Aldridge either at the time.

Better role players and Blake has improved since then as well. If we're being realistic they would have made the conference finals last year if CP & Blake did not go down. Back in 2015 when they defeated the Spurs that bench was extremely weak. They improved big time in that area IMO.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better role players and Blake has improved since then as well. If we're being realistic they would have made the conference finals last year if CP & Blake did not go down. Back in 2015 when they defeated the Spurs that bench was extremely weak. They improved big time in that area IMO.

They would've had to face the Warriors in the 2nd round. Sorry, but the Clippers weren't getting past the Dubs last season. The Blazers capitalized off the injuries and faced the Dubs instead of the Clippers doing it. Also, who have they added since to their bench that they didn't have in 2014? Crawford's been their most dynamic and consistent player off the bench. Also, they've added Paul Pierce, but he's a glaring weakness at the 3 and what can you really expect from him on a consistent basis? Hell, I think they finish with a similar record to the Thunder and that *may* be a potential first round match up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would've had to face the Warriors in the 2nd round. Sorry, but the Clippers weren't getting past the Dubs last season. The Blazers capitalized off the injuries and faced the Dubs instead of the Clippers doing it. Also, who have they added since to their bench that they didn't have in 2014? Crawford's been their most dynamic and consistent player off the bench. Also, they've added Paul Pierce, but he's a glaring weakness at the 3 and what can you really expect from him on a consistent basis? Hell, I think they finish with a similar record to the Thunder and that *may* be a potential first round match up.

They weren't get past the Warriors who didn't have Steph for 3 games and clearly was not at the same level they were in the regular season. Highly doubt they lose to the Warriors with Steph missing those first 3 games and not being at 100% when he returned