• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trades that should happen but won't

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread could be fun. Or a disaster. Probably both.

Post some hypothetical trades you think make sense for both sides.

Here's a couple from me:

SAN: Ricky Rubio
MIN: Patty Mills, Dejounte Murray, 2017 1st round pick, 2018 2nd round pick

Why: Spurs get their starting PG for the foreseeable future, Minny clears the way for Dunn, but gets an excellent backup PG in return along with a promising prospect.
--------

LAL: Nerlens Noel
PHI: Jordan Clarkson, Ivaca Zubic

Why: Lakers clear the way for Russell (yes, I know JC and DLo can play together, but they still have Lou), add a mobile center to pair with Randle. Philly gets a solid scoring guard on a wing/big man-heavy team that desperately needs scoring from the perimeter.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fucking way we give up Clarkson and Zublocka for Noel.

:gaah:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunn and Lavine for Jimmy Butler

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Zubac&Randle&Ingram&Clarkson&Russell.

It is, I just think LA will eventually have to choose between Clarkson and Russell and I believe Russell has more talent. Clarkson reminds me of Brandon Knight a little, combo guard with no real position but can play both PG and SG, very good scorer but can't do much else at a high level. Think if he accepted a sixth man role he'd be perfect for that, but you got Lou Will doing that for you already.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers to the WNBA.

How the Fuck you down by fiddy?!?

Pre-season or not...

#NoFuckingPride

Funny thing about Doc. He was brought in to get the Clippers to the next level that Del ***** couldn't get them. Heading into his 4th year, I still don't see them getting past the 2nd round. Sorry, Mecca. You deserve better.

You and Blake Griffin should take your fandom and talents to Miami, respectively.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for trading Rubio and I like Mills but we don't need draft picks and we don't need another 20 year old, by the time all this kids are getting into their prime we won't be able to keep them all, if the Wolves trade Rubio it needs to be for a veteran presence and a veteran who's not 5 years past their prime.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about Doc. He was brought in to get the Clippers to the next level that Del ***** couldn't get them. Heading into his 4th year, I still don't see them getting past the 2nd round. Sorry, Mecca. You deserve better.

You and Blake Griffin should take your fandom and talents to Miami, respectively.

I said it the other day when someone said BAllmer was a good owner...

When this Season goes to shit, he needs to get rid of Doc.

Dan Woike@DanWoikeSports

about 19 minutes ago

#Clippers guards (Chris Paul, JJ Redick, Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers) are a combined 1-for-25 from the field.

#SomeShamefulShit

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it the other day when someone said BAllmer was a good owner...

When this Season goes to shit, he needs to get rid of Doc.

Dan Woike@DanWoikeSports

about 19 minutes ago

#Clippers guards (Chris Paul, JJ Redick, Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers) are a combined 1-for-25 from the field.

#SomeShamefulShit

They say a team takes on the personality and approach of a coach. Hard to believe that I considered Doc one of the best NBA coaches in the league just a couple of years ago. Danny Ainge made his career.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see them getting to the conference finals this year. The only team standing in their way is the Spurs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is, I just think LA will eventually have to choose between Clarkson and Russell and I believe Russell has more talent. Clarkson reminds me of Brandon Knight a little, combo guard with no real position but can play both PG and SG, very good scorer but can't do much else at a high level. Think if he accepted a sixth man role he'd be perfect for that, but you got Lou Will doing that for you already.
Russell is INFINITELY more talented. Jordan Clarkson is a decent player that ideally gives you some scoring punch as a combo guard off the bench. Russell has the size, athletic ability and vision to one day POTENTIALLY be an all star if he can grow up mentally.