• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade for OL?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I know the Rams play us tough but every season is a new one and they look go some key guys like Jame laurenites.

Lets not forget Blane Gabbert with Hyde and Draughn scored 4 touchdowns against this defense.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's practical to do a trade at this point, but Cable has a tough job ahead of him, check this out.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..... I am reminded of the three stooges play from last year, anybody have that one handy?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the middle of last season, the line was solid. Not great but solid. And they started off at a lower point than where this one has started. We haven't seen what it looks like with Ifedi out there either, and these first 2 DL matchups are probably the toughest we are going to face. Still working in Rawls and Graham. It's not time for panic or rash decisions. Some fans will certainly do it, but that's why they are fans. I am confident the front office won't overreact.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's practical to do a trade at this point, but Cable has a tough job ahead of him, check this out.

wow is that Rawls wiffing, Meh rust. The RB didn't even give Sowell a chance. This is the bad thing about zone blocking scheme, that guy was not Sowells responsibility and had Rawls/Micheals got at least a little hit on them Sowell could have slid out. He went by the RB so quick that Sowell had no chance. ( Also the angle of this clip makes it look like he is a lot closer to Sowell than he really is.)

I hope to god this was just a counter screen with Russ rolling out then going back to the RB and the Dlineman was just there to fast.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that guy was not Sowells responsibility

Yes it was Sowells responsiblity. That was Mario Williams the DE and of course it's the tackles job to block him with a little help from the RB.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow is that Rawls wiffing, Meh rust.
It was Michael. You can make out the 32 on his shoulders pre-snap.

Strange looking play. OL didn't really release like on most screens, but the way Michael just barely brushed the rusher and turned, sure appears he thinks it's being dumped quickly to him....but RW doesn't even really look his way and instead almost immediately vacates the pocket away from left side pressure.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Michael. You can make out the 32 on his shoulders pre-snap.

Strange looking play. OL didn't really release like on most screens, but the way Michael just barely brushed the rusher and turned, sure appears he thinks it's being dumped quickly to him....but RW doesn't even really look his way and instead almost immediately vacates the pocket away from left side pressure.

Yeah, CM looks like a check down option on that play, with a chip block to help Sowell on the outside rush. Unfortunately Sowel didn't fill the inside rush lane by falling back.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of hard to find the right example of how the blocking should of worked, but this one is close enough.

zKvlyQT.gif

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work with a guy that puts out great effort but can only see what is wrong at his place at work. I avoid him continually as he wishes he could bring others down to his level so we can all agree the workplace sucks.
I wonder if the OP works in Everett?:noidea:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we make a trade for a starting T like joe thomas? If thats even possible, what will it take? I know this was talked about last year but now with wilson's ankle and our OL being garbage especially at T it seems like a trade of this kind could make a big difference and really solidify the OL.

Well I can tell you from the Broncos trying to trade for Joe Thomas last year the asking price is very high. They either wanted 2 1st round picks or a 1st round pick and a high caliber player. They were wanting one of our top pass rushers. So while another year maybe has driven down the cost I doubt they would take anything less than a 1st round pick at this point. Probably a 1st and 2nd round pick.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was Sowells responsiblity. That was Mario Williams the DE and of course it's the tackles job to block him with a little help from the RB.

Not in the Zone scheme ( i never liked it ) He is supposed to look and protect inside out and had the RB got a hit on him Sowell could have shifted out like he was supposed to after reading inside out, but the RB is supposed to pick up the DE. A RB taking on DE's is nothing new in this offense, shocked you have not noticed this and if it was a miss direction quick screen, then the Defender just got in to quick for the ball to go over him to the wide open RB with a blocker infront.

When you watch that play Russ rolls to his right and has pressure off his left from that guy, It seemed like he knew he had to get distance even before the missed block. Russ even thought about throwing it over that guy which leads me to think they might have had a quick screen set-up.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the Zone scheme ( i never liked it ) He is supposed to look and protect inside out and had the RB got a hit on him Sowell could have shifted out like he was supposed to after reading inside out, but the RB is supposed to pick up the DE. A RB taking on DE's is nothing new in this offense, shocked you have not noticed this and if it was a miss direction quick screen, then the Defender just got in to quick for the ball to go over him to the wide open RB with a blocker infront.

If your trying to say that a RB is the primary blocker of a DE at the line of scrimmage in the zone blocking scheme, I'd have to call bullshit on that. Sowell was responsible for Mario Williams, can't believe your arguing the point.:rolleyes2:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your trying to say that a RB is the primary blocker of a DE at the line of scrimmage in the zone blocking scheme, I'd have to call bullshit on that. Sowell was responsible for Mario Williams, can't believe your arguing the point.:rolleyes2:

Just stating my opinion, Sowell First looks at Williams and Continues to look at him. The RB Wiffs Then Sowell sets up and the RB leaks out. This leads me to believe they had a miss direction screen on. SO if that's the Case then that Wiff by the RB is what messed the whole play up and Sowell was never supposed to be in there. They WANT that guy rushing to leak out the backside. Check that play from the sideline View and Watch Wilson, He instantly goes away from the side where the Pressure ends up coming from when the Ball is snapped And looks to throw back to the RB over him but can't so pulls it down.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stating my opinion, Sowell First looks at Williams and Continues to look at him. The RB Wiffs Then Sowell sets up and the RB leaks out. This leads me to believe they had a miss direction screen on. SO if that's the Case then that Wiff by the RB is what messed the whole play up and Sowell was never supposed to be in there. They WANT that guy rushing to leak out the backside. Check that play from the sideline View and Watch Wilson, He instantly goes away from the side where the Pressure ends up coming from when the Ball is snapped And looks to throw back to the RB over him but can't so pulls it down.

Sowell obviously didn't have a clue, just stands there like a dumb ass, blocking nobody. However it's unimportant, so I'll agree to disagree.