• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade for OL?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we make a trade for a starting T like joe thomas? If thats even possible, what will it take? I know this was talked about last year but now with wilson's ankle and our OL being garbage especially at T it seems like a trade of this kind could make a big difference and really solidify the OL.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many guys are going to have to get cut to do it? Devil is in the details.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldnt be cut and dry for sure, and what would we have to give up? But thomas is getting old and his value is only going down from this point forward.

I think it would be worth it though, wilson is going to get killed

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's wait a bit before we push the panic button. Ifedi comes back, that should help. They kicked the tires on Evans to see if they could pick up some good talent cheap, but he was done.

Thomas' value may be going 'down,' but it's still incredibly high, plus what he'd do to our cap.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do give you marks for not typing Cable's name in your post though Snug! That had to be hard. :)

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think this would be necessary last season our offensive line was awful through the first 4-6 games then they moved guys around cut Drew Novak then our offense starting lighting it up the second half of the season. No need to panic after just one game let the coaching staff switch some guys around its better to put someone in who is familiar with the system and playing with who is on the field rather than trade for a guy from a completely different system and team and plug him in

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns have asked a very high price for Thomss and turned down good offers, so don't see them giving much if any discount.

Anybody know what kind of blocking scheme the Browns use?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the sense of urgency brought on by Wilson's injury, but I don't know if we should be in "desperate trade" mode quite yet.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are they going to trade away?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the sense of urgency brought on by Wilson's injury, but I don't know if we should be in "desperate trade" mode quite yet.

And let's not forget we were playing against Suh this past game. That was a baptism by fire. No reason to be desperate but I guess concern is warranted.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From all reports from TC, Ifedi may not only be the best player on the line, but a natural leader there as well.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's not forget we were playing against Suh this past game. That was a baptism by fire. No reason to be desperate but I guess concern is warranted.

The Rams have the scariest defensive line on the schedule for the next few weeks and even if the Hawks made a trade for a guard (or a tackle and pushed Gilliam inside or a center and pushed Britt back out) right now, I don't think there's any way that that player would be good to go in time for the Rams game. So when you take that into consideration and you take into consideration Carroll's optimism about Ifedi's injury not being as bad as people feared immediately upon hearing about it, you'd be trading whatever you'd have to trade to get a guy who might start for a week or two before becoming a backup, and he wouldn't even be starting against the one team on the schedule in the immediate future that he would have been most helpful against.

I think only if Ifedi's injury turns out to be worse than expected do the Hawks make a move and even if they do, I think they'll look to move one of the tight ends to tackle and Gilliam to guard first. Failing that, I think they'll look to the defensive line, as they've done a number of times in the past, for someone to fill the spot. Failing that, I think they'll look to the available free agents or the practice squad. Point is... I think they'll make trading for an established offensive lineman their last resort.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ifedi will be a big upgrade over webb, we can all assume. however that does nothing for the tackles who are both terrible. a guy like joe thomas would not need much time to adjust, he just blocks his guy and protects the backside. it would be an instant upgrade.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams have the scariest defensive line on the schedule for the next few weeks

Not to say that they won't play Seattle tough like always, but SF didn't seem to intimidated.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we make a trade for a starting T like joe thomas? If thats even possible, what will it take? I know this was talked about last year but now with wilson's ankle and our OL being garbage especially at T it seems like a trade of this kind could make a big difference and really solidify the OL.
Lol

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come, add something, you are the resident football expert.

havent you been defending cable by saying the talent he has to work with is the reason our OL sucks so bad? you dont think trading for an actual T might be a good idea, especially considering our QB is a gimp for at least the next 4 weeks?

make up your mind

No... Chemistry and Cohesiveness is half the battle on the OL...

which is at 0 right now, making a change at this point wont hurt that aspect.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is at 0 right now, making a change at this point wont hurt that aspect.

I disagree... This OL would take even more of a step back imo if we add a new player on the OL... The left side of the line looked very good with Ifedi... He'll be back in two weeks...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ifedi is the RG. Sowell is garbage

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... Chemistry and Cohesiveness is half the battle on the OL...

Thank you. This is a brand new offensive line some of you guys need to cut them some slack. This time last year our offensive line looked worse than this and they were able to change things around then Wilson with a 3rd string RB starting exploding throwing the ball and carrying the offense. Did you guys already forget the steelers game at home?