• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the overstatement of the year! Kap is fine!! Real genius!!:wtf2:

U have no argument. U have nothing to back you up. 2 straight championship games and a Super Bowl kills your argument so let more to the Next topic. (Wins over @Carolina, @ Atlanta, @GB and GB again and almost historic comeback in the Super Bowl). More then most in the league right now. This only in 2 years.
Give the kid a break damn. 1 bad year and he is done. This is just silly.

Like I said lets see what happens next with a new OC.

van_basten

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already stated this. Depends on what kind of offense 49ers want to run. Offense like the last 2-3 years or offense like Seattle Kap is better but if we want to be a pass happy team I would go with luck.

Not sure what you mean by offense like the last 2-3 years. Roman has always been the OC for Kap and his offensive scheme has always been about the same in the past few years. It's more like Kap has been figured out by opposing teams. Opposing teams just need to focus on stopping the run and keep Kap in the pocket and since Kap is a terrible pocket passer, he is regressing. I don't see why you want Seattle's offensive plan. All I see is they have an elite RB and their QB is always able to make efficient, accurate and decisive plays out of nothing, which Kap is incapable of.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you mean by offense like the last 2-3 years. Roman has always been the OC for Kap and his offensive scheme has always been about the same in the past few years. It's more like Kap has been figured out by opposing teams. Opposing teams just need to focus on stopping the run and keep Kap in the pocket and since Kap is a terrible pocket passer, he is regressing. I don't see why you want Seattle's offensive plan. All I see is they have an elite RB and their QB is always able to make efficient, accurate and decisive plays out of nothing, which Kap is incapable of.

The offense is not the same this year then the last couple. I guess you don't watch a lot of 49ers games if you think this is the same offense.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U have no argument. U have nothing to back you up. 2 straight championship games and a Super Bowl kills your argument so let more to the Next topic. (Wins over @Carolina, @ Atlanta, @GB and GB again and almost historic comeback in the Super Bowl). More then most in the league right now. This only in 2 years.
Give the kid a break damn. 1 bad year and he is done. This is just silly.

Like I said lets see what happens next with a new OC.

The problem is that defenses have figured Kap out. Asides from his rushing yards in the NFC championship game, he hasn't done squat against Seattle. Who do you think will have a better career, Kap or Luck? You keep saying it's Roman and the playcalling, which I agree that's part of the problem, but why has Kap regressed so much? The defenses have dared him to beat them with his arm, and he has failed. It's great he lead the Niners to two straight NFC championships and a Super Bowl appearance, but why has he struggled this year? Most of the pundits have mentioned that Kap has regressed. Have you seen any improvement from Kap this year? If your answer is yes, you're fooling yourself.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already stated this. Depends on what kind of offense 49ers want to run. Offense like the last 2-3 years or offense like Seattle Kap is better but if we want to be a pass happy team I would go with luck.

NOBODY IS EVER GOING TO RUN THE SAME OFFENSE THE NINERS DID! The read option is GONE, unless you're Seattle and have a QB who can actually READ a defense and be productive in the pocket and can run! Two of three things Kaep is completely incapable of!

FWIW, Luck isn't bad as a runner either. He doesn't have CK's legs, but CK has NONE of Luck's skills! Period!

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

The problem is that defenses have figured Kap out. Asides from his rushing yards in the NFC championship game, he hasn't done squat against Seattle. Who do you think will have a better career, Kap or Luck? You keep saying it's Roman and the playcalling, which I agree that's part of the problem, but why has Kap regressed so much? The defenses have dared him to beat them with his arm, and he has failed. It's great he lead the Niners to two straight NFC championships and a Super Bowl appearance, but why has he struggled this year? Most of the pundits have mentioned that Kap has regressed. Have you seen any improvement from Kap this year? If your answer is yes, you're fooling yourself.

The part that baffles me is they have to know he sucks in the pocket, why do they continue calling play after play like this. They need to tailor an offense to him.

He's struggling because the rest of the league has caught up and he's hit his peak. He's a serviceable QB, but his mechanics and depth of reading a defense need to vastly improve.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOBODY IS EVER GOING TO RUN THE SAME OFFENSE THE NINERS DID! The read option is GONE, unless you're Seattle and have a QB who can actually READ a defense and be productive in the pocket and can run! Two of three things Kaep is completely incapable of!

FWIW, Luck isn't bad as a runner either. He doesn't have CK's legs, but CK has NONE of Luck's skills! Period!

Thank you. I've told Purguy numerous times that the defense has caught up with Kap. Kap is incapable of reading defenses, locks to one receiver, and has little pocket awareness. You can have a new OC next year, but if Kap doesn't improve on these skills, the results will be the same as this year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The part that baffles me is they have to know he sucks in the pocket, why do they continue calling play after play like this. They need to tailor an offense to him.

He's struggling because the rest of the league has caught up and he's hit his peak. He's a serviceable QB, but his mechanics and depth of reading a defense need to vastly improve.

Such as?

Our O-linemen are more for 'power' running, not pulls/sweeps, not screens. They are sometimes ok at pass protect, just not consistent enough.

we'd rather not Kaep run too much (called QB runs and Read Option) else risk injury. we're hating on Kaep now for the past two games, but if he gets sidelined won't that be worse?

Kaep can't pass short consistently, so we can't lean quick outs, TE, and check downs. Plus, out WR's can't get open within 5 yards or so. Davis' strength isn't finding short, open spots.

what's left?

IMO Kaep is good throwing downfield cause this takes advantage of his strong arm. His accuracy isn't bad if its just look and throw. However, this downfield routes start to factor in WR speed and Pass Protect? Roman has called more of these pass plays this season, cause believe he is trying to use his strength? The results are poor no doubt, but IMO that's why we do it.

it is not all on Kaep, it just starts with him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wrong. Just so you know here some other facts for you.

1)Luck plays in the 2nd worst division in football.
2)Luck has 13 Ints and 11 fumbles
3)Kap has 10 Ints and 7 fumbles
4)Luck has more TD's but a lot more Attempts. Both have the close Comp %.
So please don't give me Luck is this great QB who knows how to read a defense. Just stop it. Luck isn't Elite yet and has a lot of work to do.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. I've told Purguy numerous times that the defense has caught up with Kap. Kap is incapable of reading defenses, locks to one receiver, and has little pocket awareness. You can have a new OC next year, but if Kap doesn't improve on these skills, the results will be the same as this year.

All im saying is lets see what a new OC can do with him. If he does bad cut him. that's all. In my opinion I put a lot of blame on Roman and the injuries to the Oline.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All im saying is lets see what a new OC can do with him. If he does bad cut him. that's all. In my opinion I put a lot of blame on Roman and the injuries to the Oline.

So the next excuse will be... "

Give him a break, he is learning a new offense with a new OC."

Then the justification will go something like this..

"...Hey didn't Alex Smith had 7 different OC and did not get decent until he had an OC for more than 2 seasons..."

On and on and on...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the next excuse will be... "

Give him a break, he is learning a new offense with a new OC."

Then the justification will go something like this..

"...Hey didn't Alex Smith had 7 different OC and did not get decent until he had an OC for more than 2 seasons..."

On and on and on...

No because big difference in Money. If he doesn't perform next year you have to cut him or reduce his salary by a good amount.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about this, the more I look at Kaep as the biggest reason for the offense's ineptitude.

One of the most basic fundamentals of the game is snapping the ball on time. How many times has Kaep been oblivious of the play clock and given us a delay of game? We have to be leading the league in that category. I'm assuming that the coaching staff has addressed this with Kaep, probably many, many times. The fact that he is still doing it tells me one thing - Kaep is not smart enough to process all of the information.

To me, that comes down to the quarterback, not the offensive coordinator. In fact, I'm starting to feel bad for Roman. It must feel like trying to explain calculus to a retarded person, and then getting blamed when the retard doesn't get it. This is all on Kaep. Well not ALL, but mostly on him.

So we have a player who can't even figure out the most basic of elements of the game. What do you think happens when the coaching staff is trying to explain the more complex elements of the game? The various defensive coverage formations, hot-reads, etc. He's not smart enough to get this. He's just not.

Roman/Harbaugh: "Hey Kaep, don't throw the ball toward Richard Sherman unless the receiver is open"

Kaep: "Derp, ok" *throws the ball right at Sherman when the guy is covered*

Roman/Haruagh: "Don't do that again please"

Kaep: "Derp, ok" *Does it again*

This game is too much for him. Physical ability can only take you so far. He lacks the intelligence to play the position effectively at this level, he lacks the maturity to deal with the criticism, and frankly, he also has a slow wind-up motion when he throws the ball that makes it easier for DB's to react to. He's not a good quarterback.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The more I think about this, the more I look at Kaep as the biggest reason for the offense's ineptitude.

One of the most basic fundamentals of the game is snapping the ball on time. How many times has Kaep been oblivious of the play clock and given us a delay of game? We have to be leading the league in that category. I'm assuming that the coaching staff has addressed this with Kaep, probably many, many times. The fact that he is still doing it tells me one thing - Kaep is not smart enough to process all of the information.

To me, that comes down to the quarterback, not the offensive coordinator. In fact, I'm starting to feel bad for Roman. It must feel like trying to explain calculus to a retarded person, and then getting blamed when the retard doesn't get it. This is all on Kaep. Well not ALL, but mostly on him.

So we have a player who can't even figure out the most basic of elements of the game. What do you think happens when the coaching staff is trying to explain the more complex elements of the game? The various defensive coverage formations, hot-reads, etc. He's not smart enough to get this. He's just not.

Roman/Harbaugh: "Hey Kaep, don't throw the ball toward Richard Sherman unless the receiver is open"

This game is too much for him. Physical ability can only take you so far. He lacks the intelligence to play the position effectively at this level, he lacks the maturity to deal with the criticism, and frankly, he also has a slow wind-up motion when he throws the ball that makes it easier for DB's to react to. He's not a good quarterback.

yeah, at this point its clear the main reason - not only reason - is Kaep. Many other reasons factor in as mentioned here 100 times, but as QB he has the largest share. Agree he doesn't have enough intangibles to take the next step.

He isn't a bad QB but at the moment we're going overboard because of the higher expectations. IMO he is better than average and it could be worse, but again WE fans placed the HIGHER expectations on him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even when Alex Smith was QB, there was play clock issues and burning time outs. The coaching staff is also has responsibility for that. With Sherman, on the first INT, the receiver was not covered. There was miscommunication. The receiver broke to the sideline and the pass went the other way. I could have picked off the first pass by just standing there. The second one was just a bad throw.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most blame goes on Roman. Offense scheme is a joke. A lot of players on other teams have said it multiple times that its an easy offense to read. There is nothing special about this offense. Yes Kap gets some blame but most goes to Roman.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Most blame goes on Roman. Offense scheme is a joke. A lot of players on other teams have said it multiple times that its an easy offense to read. There is nothing special about this offense. Yes Kap gets some blame but most goes to Roman.

Can we see the articles on this claim?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No because big difference in Money. If he doesn't perform next year you have to cut him or reduce his salary by a good amount.
They can't just reduce the money he has coming under contract. I'm still at the " I won't step on Kap's nuts until the end of the season" phase because I made that promise. We will see how he can do in these last games against potential playoff teams.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when Alex Smith was QB, there was play clock issues and burning time outs. The coaching staff is also has responsibility for that. With Sherman, on the first INT, the receiver was not covered. There was miscommunication. The receiver broke to the sideline and the pass went the other way. I could have picked off the first pass by just standing there. The second one was just a bad throw.
:agree: This is on more than the QB situation as far as play clock and time out issues.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't just reduce the money he has coming under contract. I'm still at the " I won't step on Kap's nuts until the end of the season" phase because I made that promise. We will see how he can do in these last games against potential playoff teams.

I read something somewhere that if he doesn't make some type of top quarterback list he loses $2 milliion next year. Not sure of the details but it was something to that effect,