• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a legit QB like Brees, Rodgers, Manning, or Brady were throwing to our receivers we'd be putting up 30+ a game. I still think Crabtree is a victim of not playing with a good QB. He rarely ever gets the ball in a spot that allows him to pick up YAC which is what he is so good at. Alex was only good at finding Davis on big plays and Kaep will only ever throw to Boldin because he can't throw people open so might as well throw to the one guy that can go up and catch the tough passes in traffic. It's kinda sad at how poor Kaep plays despite his talent.

He is far more talented than Smith but honestly I miss Smith just because he was far more consistent in his final season and a half and a better leader on and off the field for the team. I think he did a better job of spreading the ball around as well but numbers might prove me wrong on that. It's like Kaep has Pro Bowl talent but a back ups mentality.

No doubt Rodgers, Manning, or Brady could do more. You are talking about the top QBs in the league. It could be the way the WRs are used that is hurting. None of these guys are good deep threats. Watching Crabtree run routes, he can't seem to shake anyone. Kaepernick was also good at hitting Davis on deep routes this year, but Davis just isn't the same this year. Smith couldn't throw people open either. That was what Greg Cosell talked about on KNBR regarding both QBs. They both have their issues. I don't know that Smith really spread the ball around that much. He favored Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker. In San Franciisco, neither Kaep nor Smith went deep in progressions.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, the receivers aren't the problem. Yes, there have been some struggles by Crabtree and Vernon in particular. But I believe that the majority of this comes down to Kaep. And I still believe that this is the best core of receivers that we have had in a very long time. Kaep is just not making it work.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, the receivers aren't the problem. Yes, there have been some struggles by Crabtree and Vernon in particular. But I believe that the majority of this comes down to Kaep. And I still believe that this is the best core of receivers that we have had in a very long time. Kaep is just not making it work.

I think it is a combination of factors. The coaches are trying to go vertical with the passing game. It could be that they feel Kaepernick is best suited for that. Problem is these receivers are not geared for that. If you watch them run routes, none of them are getting separation downfield. Vernon Davis was the deep threat last year who could stretch the field, it isn't happening this year for him

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it is a combination of factors. The coaches are trying to go vertical with the passing game. It could be that they feel Kaepernick is best suited for that. Problem is these receivers are not geared for that. If you watch them run routes, none of them are getting separation downfield. Vernon Davis was the deep threat last year who could stretch the field, it isn't happening this year for him

it is most definitely a combination of factors.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to keep in mind. Sam Bradford is due $17 million against the Rams cap for next year. I really don't see the Rams keeping him, I think he'll be released.

Why not take a flier on him?

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also,

I'm over Kap. He's a read option QB that has no clue on how to read a defense and that gimmick offense has run its course, IMO, we can no longer keep telling ourselves he'll get better, because he won't. His throwing motion is as slow as ever, he's worthless in the pocket and that's where Harbaugh and Roman keep him.

Personally, I think Harbaugh is gone after this season. When Jerry Rice AND Steve Young both have said they don't think he'll be back, something's up. Kap needs to follow him!

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to keep in mind. Sam Bradford is due $17 million against the Rams cap for next year. I really don't see the Rams keeping him, I think he'll be released.

The problem is that he can't stay healthy. I think that if Harbaugh is gone, the new head coach may want his own QB. Kap's loyalty is with Harbaugh. I am also done with Kap. He's just a one trick pony.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you want to dump Kaepernick, okay. But I wouldn't dump him for Bradford. Bradford has been injury prone and when he has played has been inconsistent

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also,

I'm over Kap. He's a read option QB that has no clue on how to read a defense and that gimmick offense has run its course, IMO, we can no longer keep telling ourselves he'll get better, because he won't. His throwing motion is as slow as ever, he's worthless in the pocket and that's where Harbaugh and Roman keep him.

Personally, I think Harbaugh is gone after this season. When Jerry Rice AND Steve Young both have said they don't think he'll be back, something's up. Kap needs to follow him!

unfortunately, i agree. his physical gifts have a much higher ceiling, but there isn't enough intangibles to maximize it.

doesn't mean Kaep is worthless and should be cut, cause it could be a lot worse than Kaep. but he isn't going from 'good' to 'elite' like we hoped.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I totally agree, I think Luck is an absolute stud. I was just making a point about why his performance may be subpar in the PO.

Luck way over rated. Mr INT in the playoffs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is OC. Thats it. Kap is fine. Take a little off his plate and go to an offense like Seattle and he will be fine. He has had more success in the playoffs then most and don't give D won those games because that is false. He was a main reason we won most of those playoff games.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have traded Kaep and kept Smith for multiple reasons really. We rolled the dice and so far looks like we lost.

It's not really a comparison of the two on the field as Kaep is by far the more talent player of the two. I think if you look back though Harbaughs issues with team started with his decision to play Kaep over Alex.

I don't think you could find 1 player on the team that did not have a lot of respect for Alex. He was truly a leader by example on that team. He never demanded respect or demanded to be the leader. He simply was because of his work ethic and the way he carried himself on and off the field. It's hard to not respect someone that went through what he did with Nolan, Singletary and us the fans and yet always seem to rise above it while never really pointing fingers or being negative toward anyone over it.

Alex the year Harbaugh benched him was having a career year and had us well on our way to another playoff appearance, but 1 good debut game from Kaep was all it took for Harbaugh to replace him. I think Harbaugh lost a lot of respect and trust with the players over that. I don't think it effected us much that year because we were in the middle of a playoff and title run, but I absolutely believe it had an effect on last season that has carried over into this year.

When you look at the numbers between the 2 since the trade it's hard to say keeping Kaep has been worth it so far. Alex was well respected and already an established locker room leader who likely would have re-signed a long term deal with us for several million less than Kaep while giving similar production. It also would likely have helped keep the team together to have him still around. Then you have to imagine at the time we very likely could have traded Kaep that offseason for a 1st round pick and then some.

It's really not Kaep's fault though. Harbaugh threw him into a bad situation well before he was prepared for it. Harbaugh threw all his eggs into the Kaep basket and with every struggle Kaep has had he has lost more and more control over the locker room. I think players just honestly don't have the same level of respect for him that they had in the first 2 years.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck way over rated. Mr INT in the playoffs.

Would you take Kap over Luck? If you do, you are in the minority and don't know shit about football. Luck will be an elite QB. Since we are taking about interceptions, what about Kap's interceptions last year in the NFC championship game? What about his three interceptions against the pathetic Bears? What about the two perfect interceptions to Sherman? You are so blinded with your love for Kap! You need to wake up. Can you honestly tell me one team that would take Kap over Luck? No one would, and that includes the Niners.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that he can't stay healthy. I think that if Harbaugh is gone, the new head coach may want his own QB. Kap's loyalty is with Harbaugh. I am also done with Kap. He's just a one trick pony.

Completely agree on Bradfords health. But, pick him up(assuming he's cut, which he will be), load his contract with incentives. Low risk, high reward.

Also agree Kaps time in SF has also run its course. You're right, he isn't worthless, he's just not very good.

Purguy, stop drinkin the kool aid, face it he's done!!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you take Kap over Luck? If you do, you are in the minority and don't know shit about football. Luck will be an elite QB. Since we are taking about interceptions, what about Kap's interceptions last year in the NFC championship game? What about his three interceptions against the pathetic Bears? What about the two perfect interceptions to Sherman? You are so blinded with your love for Kap! You need to wake up. Can you honestly tell me one team that would take Kap over Luck? No one would, and that includes the Niners.

Depends on the offense Harbaugh and Roman wants to run. If they run the offense from the last 2-3 years I want Kap. The offense we are running this year I guess Luck.

U have no clue about football if you think Luck is elite. He hasn't proved anything. Kap has shown he can lead a team to the super bowl. Luck has choked. U are going by this year not overall what both have done. Its just like Stafford he has all these stats but hasn't won or hasn't done much. Give me that guy that wins and has already proved himself in the playoffs and that is Kap.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have traded Kaep and kept Smith for multiple reasons really. We rolled the dice and so far looks like we lost.

It's not really a comparison of the two on the field as Kaep is by far the more talent player of the two. I think if you look back though Harbaughs issues with team started with his decision to play Kaep over Alex.

I don't think you could find 1 player on the team that did not have a lot of respect for Alex. He was truly a leader by example on that team. He never demanded respect or demanded to be the leader. He simply was because of his work ethic and the way he carried himself on and off the field. It's hard to not respect someone that went through what he did with Nolan, Singletary and us the fans and yet always seem to rise above it while never really pointing fingers or being negative toward anyone over it.

Alex the year Harbaugh benched him was having a career year and had us well on our way to another playoff appearance, but 1 good debut game from Kaep was all it took for Harbaugh to replace him. I think Harbaugh lost a lot of respect and trust with the players over that. I don't think it effected us much that year because we were in the middle of a playoff and title run, but I absolutely believe it had an effect on last season that has carried over into this year.

When you look at the numbers between the 2 since the trade it's hard to say keeping Kaep has been worth it so far. Alex was well respected and already an established locker room leader who likely would have re-signed a long term deal with us for several million less than Kaep while giving similar production. It also would likely have helped keep the team together to have him still around. Then you have to imagine at the time we very likely could have traded Kaep that offseason for a 1st round pick and then some.

It's really not Kaep's fault though. Harbaugh threw him into a bad situation well before he was prepared for it. Harbaugh threw all his eggs into the Kaep basket and with every struggle Kaep has had he has lost more and more control over the locker room. I think players just honestly don't have the same level of respect for him that they had in the first 2 years.

Looks like we won I don't know what you are talking about. Took Smith like 7 years to make playoffs, Kap did it right away plus took us to the Super Bowl and Kap was one of the main reasons why we made and won in the playoffs and reason why we almost won the Super Bowl. D hasn't been the same in the playoffs compared to the regular season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying Luck isn't good just think he gets too much hype for not doing so much. In big games I have watched He chokes a lot. He has what 1 playoff win(something like that). He has had a great receiving core. ok running game. His D is so so.

I look at leading and winning and Kap has done it better then Luck.

A lot of you guys are looking at Kap this year with roman running this joke of an offense, Oline who has lost 2 starters(Center and RT), and lost big leaders and Pro bowl players Bowman and Willis plus lost A. Smith for 9 games. Throw in losing our #1 CB and our #1 pick and slot CB.

This team has had a rough year. Yes Kap has had a rough year. I just think we need a new OC and we will be fine or go back to the offense we ran the last 2-3 years. We have 2 very good RBs in Gore and Hyde. I do think not having that 2nd TE has hurt to. Walker was a big factor in this offense. Losing him last year has hurt.

van_basten

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying Luck isn't good just think he gets too much hype for not doing so much. In big games I have watched He chokes a lot. He has what 1 playoff win(something like that). He has had a great receiving core. ok running game. His D is so so.

I look at leading and winning and Kap has done it better then Luck.

A lot of you guys are looking at Kap this year with roman running this joke of an offense, Oline who has lost 2 starters(Center and RT), and lost big leaders and Pro bowl players Bowman and Willis plus lost A. Smith for 9 games. Throw in losing our #1 CB and our #1 pick and slot CB.

This team has had a rough year. Yes Kap has had a rough year. I just think we need a new OC and we will be fine or go back to the offense we ran the last 2-3 years. We have 2 very good RBs in Gore and Hyde. I do think not having that 2nd TE has hurt to. Walker was a big factor in this offense. Losing him last year has hurt.

I know you are going to disagree with me but I would say if Kap played for the Colts the last 3 years, they would not have made the playoffs. As for the 49ers, with any average QB they would still made the playoff the last 3 years. I do agree that Roman is part of the problem. He should be fired and that should be the most logical move the 49ers should make. The thing that I don't agree is that kap supporter keeps saying Roman should just "let Kap do his thing", "go back to the offense the last 2-3 years". Last time I checked Kap is still on pace for highest career number of rush attempts this year, while his yards per carry keep reducing 3 years in a row. It's more like Kap has been figured out by opposing teams and since he isn't improving as a pocket passer, teams just focus on stopping his run and make him stay in the pocket.

Last edited by a moderator: