• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys always help me feel like I'm not crazy.

I was on Reddit/r/49ers and couldn't stand how delusional those people are.

I'm glad we can be critical and still have great discussions. Honestly, there's no better time to trade Kap than now. Let's see if the Bucs will take the bait. Throw in VD and Brooks as well for more picks.

I think that's doubtful. First of all, the cap hit (no pun intended) would be too severe, as we still owe him bonus money. It would be too much dead money for us next season. Secondly, we don't have anybody to replace him yet, as QB's don't just grow on trees. I think the smart thing to do would be to draft a QB and sign a vet to give Kaep competition and so that we have a possible replacement if necessary. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Sam Bradford if he becomes available. As fans, we just have to hope for the best with Kaep as long as he is a Niner.

The best time to have traded him would've been two years ago after the Super Bowl run if we had decided to keep Smith or after last season when he did pretty well. Believe it or not, Kaep was rated the 6th most valuable player by the AV stat in 2013 (tied with 6 others). 2013 NFL Leaders and Leaderboards | Pro-Football-Reference.com Kaep's trade value is lower than it was the last two seasons. I also doubt that teams are eager to trade for VD or Ahmad Brooks.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the blame for this game.

Before the game, I was at the grocery store and somebody saw my Niners shirt and asked me how many interceptions Kaepernick was going throw today. I told him that despite his risks, he actually has a low interception rate. He just did it at the wrong time in the playoffs. He said, "no man, he throws one like every other pass." Then, I told him "you couldn't survive doing that," jokingly saying that he throws an INT every 5 passes and he's usually good for one TD per game, running. He could tell I was joking and told me good luck.

And then he throws 5 in 19 passes and runs one TD in. Ugh.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the blame for this game.

Before the game, I was at the grocery store and somebody saw my Niners shirt and asked me how many interceptions Kaepernick was going throw today. I told him that despite his risks, he actually has a low interception rate. He just did it at the wrong time in the playoffs. He said, "no man, he throws one like every other pass." Then, I told him "you couldn't survive doing that," jokingly saying that he throws an INT every 5 passes and he's usually good for one TD per game, running. He could tell I was joking and told me good luck.

And then he throws 5 in 19 passes and run
s one TD in. Ugh.
Thanks for making the team lose jerk!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put it on the other Thread: Maybe a trade Kap for Cutler. Both QBs need to be with new teams. This way we get a Vet to keep the seat warm for the QB we draft this year. or We just cut Kap and Let Gabbet battle the rookie next year. 2 throw away years it looks like.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mathieu elaborates on issues with 49ers’ passing game

Sorry if it is already posted somewhere, didn't see it? there is a paragraph which says Kaep's weakness is throwing OUTSIDE the numbers, hence the INT's on Sunday. I take this to mean in general, between the 20's?

Cause i've always felt once we're in the red zone, Kaep has a hard time throwing INSIDE the numbers?!

If a QB has a hard time with one route, then you can work around it. But if he can't throw outside or inside the numbers, that is a LOT of restrictions on the passing game. The Coordinator takes a lot of cracks, but he can't call what the players can't do.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathieu elaborates on issues with 49ers’ passing game

Sorry if it is already posted somewhere, didn't see it? there is a paragraph which says Kaep's weakness is throwing OUTSIDE the numbers, hence the INT's on Sunday. I take this to mean in general, between the 20's?

Cause i've always felt once we're in the red zone, Kaep has a hard time throwing INSIDE the numbers?!

If a QB has a hard time with one route, then you can work around it. But if he can't throw outside or inside the numbers, that is a LOT of restrictions on the passing game. The Coordinator takes a lot of cracks, but he can't call what the players can't do.

I saw that. I don't really remember Kaepernick rolling out the pass couple of years. Do you? I think I read somewhere prior to the season the coaching staff wanted role outs to try and buy some time from the pass pressure. They knew this oline wasn't going to be able to consistently pass block. Matheiu claims because of the rollouts half the field is gone and makes the passing game easier to defend.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I saw that. I don't really remember Kaepernick rolling out the pass couple of years. Do you? I think I read somewhere prior to the season the coaching staff wanted role outs to try and buy some time from the pass pressure. They knew this oline wasn't going to be able to consistently pass block. Matheiu claims because of the rollouts half the field is gone and makes the passing game easier to defend.

last year no, they tried to make him a pocket passer. Prior years yes, he did roll out but then again, hard to tell if planned or he just got jittery?

Yes, they did say they would roll him out more this season, and they have. Even if half the field is gone, if he gets it off with timing, it can be completed. The DB's don't all run to one side, they run wherever the receivers go.

Bottom line is Kaep doesn't see the field well, if he did, rolling out, pocket, deep drop, whatever, wouldn't matter. Whereas if you can't see the field, nothing will help you but 6 full seconds of pass blocking.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers are believed to have reached an understanding with the Browns in which they would receive Cleveland's third-round draft pick, no. 65 overall, in exchange for Kaepernick.

Cleveland, however, wants Kaepernick to restructure his contract before that occurs. The NFL Network reported Friday that the Browns and Kaepernick's agents were not close enough in contract talks for the quarterback's side to "green light" a deal.

The 49ers also are waiting to see whether the Broncos, or any other team, will make them a better offer. Denver's second-round pick is two spots better than Cleveland's third-round selection. Both sides could improve or augment their offers in other ways, such as with later-round picks in either 2016 or 2017 or by swapping picks with the 49ers in a specific round.

Read more here: Quarterbacks on move, but Colin Kaepernick, 49ers remain in limbo