• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because all of Kaeps criticisms come from the occasional mistake...

Overreaction is overreaction no matter if it is based on an occasional mistake or two bad games in a row.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overreaction is overreaction no matter if it is based on an occasional mistake or two bad games in a row.

because it has only been two bad games in a row...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because it has only been two bad games in a row...

Before the last two games, he really wasn't doing too bad. Look at something objective like passer rating. Anyway, we can agree to disagree on that. I'll even assume for the sake of argument that he has been bad all year. Even then, it's an overreaction to cut him now or start Gabbert like has been posted on this board. Would you cut Kaepenick right now?

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the last two games, he really wasn't doing too bad. Look at something objective like passer rating. Anyway, we can agree to disagree on that. I'll even assume for the sake of argument that he has been bad all year. Even then, it's an overreaction to cut him now or start Gabbert like has been posted on this board. Would you cut Kaepenick right now?

No I would not. But who has been calling to cut Kaepernick right now?
i would like to see Gabbert out there and honestly i think his skill set would compliment this teams strengths better. I believe he would be better at completing the short passes and get our RBs more involved in the passing game. That is what this team needs more then a QB that can throw down the field or take off running.

But at this point, i am fine with Kaep finishing out the year because this season is pretty much over so it doesnt matter much.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I would not. But who has been calling to cut Kaepernick right now?
i would like to see Gabbert out there and honestly i think his skill set would compliment this teams strengths better. I believe he would be better at completing the short passes and get our RBs more involved in the passing game. That is what this team needs more then a QB that can throw down the field or take off running.

But at this point, i am fine with Kaep finishing out the year because this season is pretty much over so it doesnt matter much.

Many have said they are done with Kaep. You could take that to mean that they don't ever want to see him play for the Niners ever again. Are we so uptight on this board that no one can make fun of overreaction?

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many have said they are done with Kaep. You could take that to mean that they don't ever want to see him play for the Niners ever again. Are we so uptight on this board that no one can make fun of overreaction?

im just really disappointed in the season, but you might have a point here.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yes, Kaep had a BAD two game stretch, but he isn't that horrible overall. I've been on him of late like everybody else, but also know it isn't that simple to replace him. So while I don't think he'll ever become elite, not calling for an immediate cut.

Kaep is above average (overall) but we fans place such high expectations on him. This enhances the disappoint of the last three weeks.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought starting Gabbert at this point was silly. Kaepernick had really struggled the past couple of weeks and I think his confidence has taken a hit lately and he could also be off mechanically in part because of the poor oline play earlier in the season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game falls on the Oline and again Roman making no changes in the 2nd half. Good 1st half bad 2nd half. Went away from the run. Yes I know Hyde and Gore got hurt but we still gave up on run.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team has had 23 players hurt 13-14 out for year and 9 starters out. Tough year. Numbers are not fully accurate but are close. Got it from a twitter post.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game falls on the Oline and again Roman making no changes in the 2nd half. Good 1st half bad 2nd half. Went away from the run. Yes I know Hyde and Gore got hurt but we still gave up on run.[/QUOTE

Losing Gore and Hyde doomed us. Alphonso Smith wasnt going to get it done

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I watch this offense the more I blame Roman and not Kap. Roman is clueless at half time adjustments.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, Kaep had a BAD two game stretch, but he isn't that horrible overall. I've been on him of late like everybody else, but also know it isn't that simple to replace him. So while I don't think he'll ever become elite, not calling for an immediate cut.

Kaep is above average (overall) but we fans place such high expectations on him. This enhances the disappoint of the last three weeks.

He has been below average in the second half of the season. Never mind the fact that he is a one read guy that doesnt check the ball down ever. His accuracy has been atrocious. How you can say he is above average is baffling to me.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been below average in the second half of the season. Never mind the fact that he is a one read guy that doesnt check the ball down ever. His accuracy has been atrocious. How you can say he is above average is baffling to me.

He did some nice check downs this week to Miller. Im telling you its Roman and all the injuries. Our Oline is really bad right now. Offense was doing ok in the 1st half and in the 2nd half they went away with the run and made no adjustments. Offense did nothing in the 2nd half because of that.

Im not mad at Kap for this game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

it is baffling that you don't get 'Overall'?

meaning not just the second half of this season.

don't need to go thru all your reasons for hating Kaep, trust me I know them all......read them all.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap hasn't been great but he hasn't been the worst. A lot has to do with Roman and injuries.

I would like to see what Kap can do next year with a new OC and most likely a new coach plus lets hope for an Healthy Oline.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is baffling that you don't get 'Overall'?

meaning not just the second half of this season.

don't need to go thru all your reasons for hating Kaep, trust me I know them all......read them all.

I dont hate Kaep. Just being real, its pretty obvious to anybody that is paying attention, Kaepernick is not an above average QB. It silly to say that he is and honestly it is silly now to say that he ever was. He is the same QB he was before. He clearly has not progressed. Some have said that he has regressed but i dont believe that either. Teams have just figured him and the offense designed around him out.

The only thing that remains to be seen is can he progress under a new OC and scheme like Purguy is has been calling for and that all depends on how he takes in this experience and if he can learn and grow as a QB from it.
IMO

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont hate Kaep. Just being real, its pretty obvious to anybody that is paying attention, Kaepernick is not an above average QB. It silly to say that he is and honestly it is silly now to say that he ever was. He is the same QB he was before. He clearly has not progressed. Some have said that he has regressed but i dont believe that either. Teams have just figured him and the offense designed around him out.

The only thing that remains to be seen is can he progress under a new OC and scheme like Purguy is has been calling for and that all depends on how he takes in this experience and if he can learn and grow as a QB from it.
IMO

He is an above avg QB. The last 2 years he was a Top 10 QB. This year has been bad most can see its Roman and the Oline. Plus Harbaugh I feel put too much on his plate.

Perfect example was the offense in the 1st half we ran. Offense was moving the ball. 2nd half we went to a pass happy offense and ditched the running game. One positive I did see in Kap was he was checking down to miller. I want to see more of that. We don't need 10+ yards on every play. give me those check down 3-5 yards and every one in awhile we get 10+ on it.

Here is a funny stat I saw in the KC game. WR hasn't caught a TD pass in 20 something games. That was always Smith weakness. He checks down too much.