• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purguy, Roman didnt step in the game and play QB in the second half, Kaep was still in the game when the Offense put up the dud. I hear what you are saying and agree that Kaep is not alone in the blame. But it is not all Roman either. Kaep needs to execute just like you say that the Oline needs to execute.

I dont know if you have noticed but you put up a wall of excuses for Kaep. You just blamed the OC, then the Oline, then Harbaugh for why Kaep has not been good. At the end of the day it is just football and Kaep is having a hard time playing QB right now.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont hate Kaep. Just being real, its pretty obvious to anybody that is paying attention, Kaepernick is not an above average QB. It silly to say that he is and honestly it is silly now to say that he ever was. He is the same QB he was before. He clearly has not progressed. Some have said that he has regressed but i dont believe that either. Teams have just figured him and the offense designed around him out.

The only thing that remains to be seen is can he progress under a new OC and scheme like Purguy is has been calling for and that all depends on how he takes in this experience and if he can learn and grow as a QB from it.
IMO

you are heavily biased by the last three games, we all are. if you say he's below average for the last month, no argument here. but he hasn't been below average as a 49er starter.

Is he regressing? yes at least statistically, but IMO that's for another thread.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purguy, Roman didnt step in the game and play QB in the second half, Kaep was still in the game when the Offense put up the dud. I hear what you are saying and agree that Kaep is not alone in the blame. But it is not all Roman either. Kaep needs to execute just like you say that the Oline needs to execute.

I dont know if you have noticed but you put up a wall of excuses for Kaep. You just blamed the OC, then the Oline, then Harbaugh for why Kaep has not been good. At the end of the day it is just football and Kaep is having a hard time playing QB right now.

I do blame Kap and have stated he has had a bad year. Im just pointing what has changed and that is the injuries to the Oline and Roman screwing up this offense. That 2nd half was all on Roman and the Oline. Roman just doesn't make adjustments. Its easy to see. If I rank blame I would go with
1)Roman
2)Oline injuries and production
3)Kap
4)WR dropping balls
5)Harbaugh(I kind of want to put him together with Roman because as the HC u are in charge)

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Just so you know here some other facts for you.

1)Luck plays in the 2nd worst division in football.
2)Luck has 13 Ints and 11 fumbles
3)Kap has 10 Ints and 7 fumbles
4)Luck has more TD's but a lot more Attempts. Both have the close Comp %.
So please don't give me Luck is this great QB who knows how to read a defense. Just stop it. Luck isn't Elite yet and has a lot of work to do.

No purguy, you're wrong. Because Luck IS capable of reading a defense! AND #4? Do you re read your posts before you hit submit reply?? Because of course with MORE ATTEMPTS, he's gonna have more TD's AND more INT's!! You can't have it both ways dude!

In addition, I won't STOP telling you he CAN read a defense, because that would be incorrect and I never said Luck was elite! He has the tools to be elite and I think he will be, but he isn't there yet. But he's FAR better than CK!

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's better to compare efficiency due to the different amount of passes in different offenses. Interceptions, touchdowns, and yards shouldn't be compared straight across. I compare QB's with yards per attempt and passer rating. Total QBR works too but several people don't like it.

Yards Per Attempt:

Luck is 8th in the league.
Kaep is tied for 19th.

Passer Rating:

Luck is 7th in the league.
Kaep is tied for 22nd.

In my opinion, Kaep is a below average starting quarterback. The sooner the team realizes that, the sooner we can find success.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it's better to compare efficiency due to the different amount of passes in different offenses. Interceptions, touchdowns, and yards shouldn't be compared straight across. I compare QB's with yards per attempt and passer rating. Total QBR works too but several people don't like it.

Yards Per Attempt:

Kaep is tied for 19th.

Passer Rating:

Kaep is tied for 22nd.

In my opinion, Kaep is a below average starting quarterback. The sooner the team realizes that, the sooner we can find success.

If you take a GOOD year by Luck and compare it to Kaep's worse season, what do you expect? Plus, Luck as the #1 overall pick, is supposed to have good stats versus Kaep.

Coaches know about Kaep much better than fans, so i doubt they don't "realize it". It isn't easy to just get another QB, only easy for fans to say it.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Yards Per Attempt:

Kaep is tied for 19th.

Passer Rating:

Kaep is tied for 22nd.

Just for S and G's, here is 2013 stats:

Yards per attempt
Kap is 8th in the league
Luck is 26th in the league

Passer rating
Kap is 10th in the league
Luck is 18th in the league

However, all things considered, Luck is obviously better and I'd rather have him on the 49ers. Kap regressed this year but the whole offense seemed to never get in sync. Whether it was the play calling, other teams figuring out our offense, lack of execution, injuries, or all of the above I guess we won't know until our coaching staff gets shuffled.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Luck over all the other young QBs including Kaep and Wilson. But we arent going to get someone like that. Can draft a QB but shouldnt start them right away. Dont want to throw money at a free agent flavor of the day like Kevin Kolb was

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really disappointed with Kap this season, but I want to see what he can do with a healthy OL that plays as a unit. Hyde should be the starter next year which will give the Niners that burst from that position. Niners are still searching for that deep threat at WR so safeties have to play deep and not stack the box. Kap looked good during the 1st half of last week's game (even with missing VD on an overthrow). On a side note, it was amazing to see Romo complete those TD passes to Bryant because his line protected him. Kap has been sacked the most time this season, so it's understandable at times that he starts taking off quicker that he should because of the poor OL play.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yards Per Attempt:

Kaep is tied for 19th.

Passer Rating:

Kaep is tied for 22nd.

Kaep is having a bad season, but it's too soon to give up on him. If Kaep struggles again next season, then the team will probably either: (a) release him (if we have a new QB that we trust); or (b) renegotiate his contract (if we don't have a new QB that we trust).

Ltrain posted the 2013 rankings for Luck in the statistical categories that you mentioned. Luck had similar rankings in 2013 to what Kaep has in 2014. Just as the Colts didn't give up on Luck, I hope that the Niners don't give up on Kaep because of this season. For what it's worth, Kaep still has a better career passer rating than Luck.

Right now, Luck is playing better (and to be fair, Luck was always projected to be the better QB) while Kaep is struggling, but as a fan, I still want to see how things play out with Kaep. I believe that we're essentially stuck with the guy for another season, so we might as well think positive and show him our support. I don't know if you saw the video of the fan burning his jersey, but I think that fan should be ashamed of himself.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep is having a bad season, but it's too soon to give up on him. If Kaep struggles again next season, then the team will probably either: (a) release him (if we have a new QB that we trust); or (b) renegotiate his contract (if we don't have a new QB that we trust).

Ltrain posted the 2013 rankings for Luck in the statistical categories that you mentioned. Luck had similar rankings in 2013 to what Kaep has in 2014. Just as the Colts didn't give up on Luck, I hope that the Niners don't give up on Kaep because of this season. For what it's worth, Kaep still has a better career passer rating than Luck.

Right now, Luck is playing better (and to be fair, Luck was always projected to be the better QB) while Kaep is struggling, but as a fan, I still want to see how things play out with Kaep. I believe that we're essentially stuck with the guy for another season, so we might as well think positive and show him our support. I don't know if you saw the video of the fan burning his jersey, but I think that fan should be ashamed of himself.

That fan is an idiot. He should have donated it to a local shelter. Better use than burning it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really disappointed with Kap this season, but I want to see what he can do with a healthy OL that plays as a unit. Hyde should be the starter next year which will give the Niners that burst from that position. Niners are still searching for that deep threat at WR so safeties have to play deep and not stack the box. Kap looked good during the 1st half of last week's game (even with missing VD on an overthrow). On a side note, it was amazing to see Romo complete those TD passes to Bryant because his line protected him. Kap has been sacked the most time this season, so it's understandable at times that he starts taking off quicker that he should because of the poor OL play.

How much sacks or incompletions do you put on Kaepernick's pocket ability? I have read things talking about him reading a defense and holding on the ball too long, running into pressure, or refusing to take the check down, or bailing a sufficient pocket. Obviously, the offensive line can also be bad. So where do you draw the line?

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yards Per Attempt:

Kaep is tied for 19th.

Passer Rating:

Kaep is tied for 22nd.

Number of times sacked:

Luck 26
Kap 49

Pass pro matters. Most QBs don't play well when running for their lives all game.

And 49ers have two guys in top 10 for dropped passes, Boldin and Crabs 7 each. Indie has 1 with 8 drops.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Number of times sacked:

Luck 26
Kap 49

Pass pro matters. Most QBs don't play well when running for their lives all game.

And 49ers have two guys in top 10 for dropped passes, Boldin and Crabs 7 each. Indie has 1 with 8 drops.

Yes, pass protection matters but it's not all on the O line either as explained by Cosell in this article

"... "Mobile quarterbacks always get sacked more cuz they often move too soon, and they break down the pass protection," Cosell explained. "They break down the structure themselves."..."

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep only has one read capability and won't spend the time studying as it takes away from his ink workand making his cap look all fresh.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep only has one read capability and won't spend the time studying as it takes away from his ink workand making his cap look all fresh.

Seriously? For a minute I thought I was reading a post from the trolls over on the General Message board.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game by Kap. at least we don't have Matt Ryan. Damn he is bad. 2-3 years in a row having a bad year. Watched some of that game he with all those weapons he still can't get it done.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You guys always help me feel like I'm not crazy.

I was on Reddit/r/49ers and couldn't stand how delusional those people are.

I'm glad we can be critical and still have great discussions. Honestly, there's no better time to trade Kap than now. Let's see if the Bucs will take the bait. Throw in VD and Brooks as well for more picks.