• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we see the articles on this claim?

Sherman has posted it, the Raider guy from last week said it. No need to post it. most 49ers fans know. If you don't then you don't follow 49ers as closely as some. No big deal. Even X 49ers players like Rice and Young have stated this to.

49ers scheme on offense this year is a joke.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't just reduce the money he has coming under contract. I'm still at the " I won't step on Kap's nuts until the end of the season" phase because I made that promise. We will see how he can do in these last games against potential playoff teams.

Yes they can Dallas just did it with room. All you do is reconstruct the contract. Players do it all the time.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they can Dallas just did it with room. All you do is reconstruct the contract. Players do it all the time.
No. Your first post was about cutting his salary. No team can do that unless it is in that contract you are posting about. Changing a contract is a totally different thing. The 9ers can't just 'cut his salary'. You might want to check on how contracts are done on the NFL.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Your first post was about cutting his salary. No team can do that unless it is in that contract you are posting about. Changing a contract is a totally different thing. The 9ers can't just 'cut his salary'. You might want to check on how contracts are done on the NFL.

Its ok you were wrong no big deal. Yeah teams do it all the time to players. They tell them they have to cut their salary or they will cut them.

It happens all the time. Its not like other sports. NFL players change their contract all the time.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its ok you were wrong no big deal. Yeah teams do it all the time to players. They tell them they have to cut their salary or they will cut them.

It happens all the time. Its not like other sports. NFL players change their contract all the time.

I think you guys are getting caught up in definitions. Darken is saying that you can't just reduce a salary. You have to redo the contract which I think you know. It is basic. A contract is a legally binding document.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are getting caught up in definitions. Darken is saying that you can't just reduce a salary. You have to redo the contract which I think you know. It is basic. A contract is a legally binding document.

yes its a redo of the contract but teams go up to players all the time to tell them they have to cut their salary or be let go.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Name the starting players who have taken a salary cut due to poor play in the last five seasons. If this happens all of the time you list should be a big one.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes its a redo of the contract but teams go up to players all the time to tell them they have to cut their salary or be let go.

I can't think of a player who volunteers to take a pay cut. Mankins was asked to take a pay cut. He refused and was traded to the Bucs. Carlos Rogers was probably asked to take a pay cut. He refused and was released. DeMarcus Ware was also asked by the Cowboys to take a pay cut. He also refused. VD is having a horrible season. I doubt that he will take a pay cut.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of a player who volunteers to take a pay cut. Mankins was asked to take a pay cut. He refused and was traded to the Bucs. Carlos Rogers was probably asked to take a pay cut. He refused and was released. DeMarcus Ware was also asked by the Cowboys to take a pay cut. He also refused. VD is having a horrible season. I doubt that he will take a pay cut.

I wouldn't really call it volunteering a pay cut. It has happened. I can't recall right now. It usually happens when a player is making alot money and their production has really declined and probably no other team will take them. Contracts aren't guaranteed so something is better than being out of the league.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig Dahl - San Francisco 49ers - 2014 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Apparently, Craig Dahl took a pay cut. He probably figured he would have been a salary cap casualty had he not agreed to do so.

Thank you patterson. Other players that this will happen to is Frank Gore. Frank will have to take less next year. VD might have to take less after this season. Brooks might have to take less. Every year every team has 1-2 players they ask to cut their salary.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you patterson. Other players that this will happen to is Frank Gore. Frank will have to take less next year. VD might have to take less after this season. Brooks might have to take less. Every year every team has 1-2 players they ask to cut their salary.

Frank Gore not sure. He could decide to try and go to another team or I could see him flat out retirinig at this point rather than taking a reduced salary. We'll see. I defnately could see the 49ers willing to release Brooks or demand a contract restructure with the emergence of Lynch.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Gore not sure. He could decide to try and go to another team or I could see him flat out retirinig at this point rather than taking a reduced salary. We'll see. I defnately could see the 49ers willing to release Brooks or demand a contract restructure with the emergence of Lynch.

I think that if Gore is asked to take a pay cut, he will not do it. I really want him to win a Super Bowl, but unfortunately that will not happen with the Niners. I could see him going to the Patriots. He still runs strong and with a great QB on his side, they have to respect the pass as well. Brooks will be released. VD will be asked to take a pay cut.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Int by Luck. Int machine .

We should start a NFL game day thread. A lot of good games on.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't start it Purguy. Kap will probably do the same against the Seahawks.

IM not starting anything. I just posting what I see. and u are right Kap will probably throw 1 or 2. Difference Seattle has the best D.

Cin crushing Cleveland.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of defensive TDs or almost TD already. Crazy.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM not starting anything. I just posting what I see. and u are right Kap will probably throw 1 or 2. Difference Seattle has the best D.

Cin crushing Cleveland.

Texans have been playing well defensively lately even without Clowney. He's been a major disappointment.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mistake by Wilson. Cut him! Oops, wrong thread.

Last edited by a moderator: