• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady is OVERRATED

Do you think Tom Brady is overrated?

• Total voters

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he built his D and O to compliment each other in Indy... .
And how'd that work out for him? John Elway accomplished as much in 4 years with Manning as Polian did in 13 years.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how'd that work out for him? John Elway accomplished as much in 4 years with Manning as Polian did in 13 years.

Pretty well I'd say. Indy really had been a joke for decades before he showed up. Same with Buffalo. Carolina wasn't even existing. 2 franchises with their highest points in the past 50 years, and the other was a win away from the SB in year 2 of it's existence.

It isn't perfect by any means. Of course to use your logic, how do you view John Elway's career as a player? Big Ben (2 SB wins in first 5 years) vs. Elway (2 SB wins in first 15 years). Should Elways career be viewed as a failure as well? Or should we say that there are lots of parts to a team being great and Elway was a big positive in how those teams turned out even if he didn't have the success rate as others at winning championships?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty well I'd say. Indy really had been a joke for decades before he showed up. Same with Buffalo. Carolina wasn't even existing. 2 franchises with their highest points in the past 50 years, and the other was a win away from the SB in year 2 of it's existence.

It isn't perfect by any means. Of course to use your logic, how do you view John Elway's career as a player? Big Ben (2 SB wins in first 5 years) vs. Elway (2 SB wins in first 15 years). Should Elways career be viewed as a failure as well? Or should we say that there are lots of parts to a team being great and Elway was a big positive in how those teams turned out even if he didn't have the success rate as others at winning championships?
Don't put words in my mouth. I never called Polian a failure. He did a good job building talented offenses, but he wasted a lot of Manning's prime by never giving him much of a defense.

He was a good GM, but he wasn't great and he certainly wasn't Hall of Fame worthy.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polian was the same GM that took the Bills to 4 SB's in a row. He built the Colts mainly on offense drafting his early picks while the last time BB used a 1st round draft pick back in 08 on an offensive weapon. Faulk, Wayne,Edge and Harrison not bad . Harrison and Coach Dungy were recently inducted to HOF and throw in Moore for 12 years as OC. I'm not taking away anything from Peyton who is a first ballot HOFer but I like the brainwashed Madden guys. Funny part id his 2 SB's wins the D bailed him out huge. In 06 playoffs he went 3td/7int and 2 pts in last SB. Brady threw as many TD's in his last SB as the Manning brothers have in their last 4 combined. Also 2 t/o's compared to 8
If the D bailed out Manning then Brady is nothing without Vinatierri.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elway > Brady

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't put words in my mouth. I never called Polian a failure. He did a good job building talented offenses, but he wasted a lot of Manning's prime by never giving him much of a defense.

He was a good GM, but he wasn't great and he certainly wasn't Hall of Fame worthy.

Ok.. he has had a really strong run with his 3 teams respectively. I actually like his drafting as well. His D wasn't the best in Indy, better than average for the most part... 2002-2009, the 8 years of Manning's prime, the Colts were 6th in points allowed.

I am just saying that when judging, doing something in a short period of time vs. an extended period of success is different. In his last 20 years as GM, his teams have been in the SB 5 times, and made the playoffs 15 of those 20 years, the conf championship game 7 times, and had 13 seasons with at least 11 wins. There's a lot that goes into winning a SB. Key injuries, players not performing in the post-season, etc. But his moves.. Manning over Leaf, Edge over Ricky, Getting Bruce Smith, taking on Jim Kelly's agent, the big Cornelius Bennett trade, Building Carolina from scratch were huge.

At the end I fully agree that he was having issues finding talent. I also think his idea of bringing in Orton to try and win some games that last year when they were trying to win the Luck draft pick was moronic and should have resulted in his firing. But don't let that overshadow the rest.

And lets not forget in that time, the Exec of the year, which is voted by NFL executives only, was awarded to him 6 times. If anyone's able to judge who's a great GM, I think GM's would have the best insight on that. I don't know if he's HOF worthy myself, but his peers seem to believe he is by far.