• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady is OVERRATED

Do you think Tom Brady is overrated?

• Total voters

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - I ask.. Can't the same be said for Peyton Manning since Tim Tebow won a play-off game for the Broncos?

and once again, nothing... hmmmmm

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - I ask.. Can't the same be said for Peyton Manning since Tim Tebow won a play-off game for the Broncos?

and once again, nothing... hmmmmm

Everybody knows Peyton Manning reinvented the position just as well as everyone knows Tom Brady reinvented cheating.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody knows Peyton Manning reinvented the position just as well as everyone knows Tom Brady reinvented cheating.

You are a complete moron.. You are saying that Brady is a system QB and you use examples of QBs the Pats have had, yet when I do the same you ball wash Manning...... You clearly are too stupid to see how terrible of a point you had

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a complete moron.. You are saying that Brady is a system QB and you use examples of QBs the Pats have had, yet when I do the same you ball wash Manning...... You clearly are too stupid to see how terrible of a point you had

@CowboyB is still trying to digest the "tuck rule"......

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Kubiak, he lost his 2 starters from last year and starts a 2nd year guy, first year starter and they are scoring more points 3-0. Philly doesnt have Bradford and is 3-0 with a true rookie and Minny loses their starter Bridewater and is 3-0 with 2 different starters. Guess 3 games is enough to evaluate. Maybe this proves how bad the Pats O line is as both starters are injured and Brady kept on playing every game except the season he had the ankle operation

Don't let facts get in the way there Sonny

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey! How dare you call me those names!! Lol

Anyway...everyone that's not a manning hater. ..which means doesn't live in new England, knows Peyton pioneered a whole new way to play the position by reading the defense and running the offense as an OC. If manning was a system QB he was a system QB in a system he created.

Brady on the other hand is the creation of cheating and BB the mastermind

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyway...everyone that's not a manning hater. ..which means doesn't live in new England, knows Peyton pioneered a whole new way to play the position by reading the defense and running the offense as an OC. If manning was a system QB he was a system QB in a system he created.

So you are the creation of the Oakland school system?????

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brady has cheated. I can't stand him for it, but he's not overrated. Watch film man, that's all you have to do. He's done some pretty amazing stuff with shit receivers. The dude can play, and he's not replaceable with just anybody regardless of a couple game sample. I'm not including the Cassell argument, because as I've pointed out before, Matt had a 6 game skid and didn't make the playoffs with the same team as Tom had in '07. By what measure is that a success?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manning reinvented the no contact after 5 yard rule cause he cried to Polian about Ty Law and Polian being on the committee had it changed. The piped in artificial noise in Indy was good too. Atlanta tried it too but unfortunately they got nabbed. Manning is a great QB but he had Tom Moore as OC his entire Indy career and worked well in the TM 'system'

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning reinvented the no contact after 5 yard rule cause he cried to Polian about Ty Law and Polian being on the committee had it changed. The piped in artificial noise in Indy was good too. Atlanta tried it too but unfortunately they got nabbed. Manning is a great QB but he had Tom Moore as OC his entire Indy career and worked well in the TM 'system'
Not to mention same receivers, center... oh and almost half his games in a dome system.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is if there was another QB on the Patriots last year starting versus the Broncos in the playoffs and not Tom Brady I think the Patriots would have won. How many deep throws can a guy miss? The Denver Broncos the defending Super Bowl Champions. Peace.

wrong.

WORD

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wait, no other QBs in the history of the league has ever read a defense?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true either. The no contact rule was ALWAYS a rule it just wasn't being enforced. Bill Belicheat told his team to take advantage of that fact against the Rams in the Super Bowl. Complaints buy the Rams lead the league to enforce that rule.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has cheated. I can't stand him for it, but he's not overrated. Watch film man, that's all you have to do. He's done some pretty amazing stuff with shit receivers. The dude can play, and he's not replaceable with just anybody regardless of a couple game sample. I'm not including the Cassell argument, because as I've pointed out before, Matt had a 6 game skid and didn't make the playoffs with the same team as Tom had in '07. By what measure is that a success?
Please Tom Brady was a game manager until they signed Randy Moss.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean the FACTS that a qbs JOB is to read the defense?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it wasn’t in 1997. Teams ran on 55.46 percent of their plays that season. The high-powered aerial offenses, which are also now more protected by the league, hadn’t been birthed yet.

Then Manning came. And his arms flapped, and he gestured and he yelled, causing — at least in part — the league to change into one that valued the pass more than the run. It was like nothing the league had ever experienced. He became a coach on the field, and the Indianapolis Colts transformed into perhaps the best passing attack the NFL has ever seen.

“Watching him on the field was almost like watching someone at the control panel of a massive operation,” said Field Yates, an ESPN analyst and former NFL scout. “He always knew what was going on in front of and around him, and the way he was able to adapt pre-snap is something, in my estimation, that has influenced the league and game of football as a whole.”

The debate over where Manning ranks among NFL greats will continue to rage over the next several years. He won only two Super Bowl rings, well behind Tom Brady (four and counting) and San Francisco 49ers legend Joe Montana (four). But Manning’s impact on the game can never be questioned.

He changed how the position is played. Instead of what happened during the play being the most important thing, Manning made what happened before each snap equally important. He turned the art of preparation into a requirement of the position.

No longer could quarterbacks simply walk to the line with an audible or two in their back pocket and go to work. He made it so that modern quarterbacks had to read and dissect the defense and put the offense in the best position to succeed.

And no, he wasn’t the first quarterback to do these things. He just did them better and at a higher level than anyone who came before. Whoever comes after him will be required to go through the often painful and tedious process to always be the smartest and most prepared player on the field.

“It was a treat for an ex-quarterback to watch Peyton Manning work and prepare and play the game,” Broncos general manager John Elway said. “I call it the ‘old days.’ We’d get the snap and try to figure out coverage on the way back, make our reads there and go from there. Peyton Manning revolutionized the game. We always used to think no-huddle was fast-paced — get to the line of scrimmage and get people off balance. Peyton revolutionized it: ‘You know what? We’re going to get to the line of scrimmage, take our time. I’m going to find out what you’re doing, and then I’m going to pick you apart.’”

And as Manning has often said, the job isn’t easy.

“If you ever feel like that’s not important — like, ‘Hey, I don’t need to watch last season; I know what we did; I know what I did wrong’ — no, you don’t know,” Manning once told ESPN. “You need to watch it. Watch the bad plays. It’s not fun to watch bad plays, to sit there and say, ‘That’s a bad decision’ and ‘Horrible read.’ No matter how old you are, you need to go into that prepared to be constructively criticized and learn how to grow out of the mistakes every year.”

Being at the forefront of enhanced quarterback play also was a major benefit for Manning’s career in other ways. And it has helped every quarterback who has come along since.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean the FACTS that a qbs JOB is to read the defense?
It's something patriots fans just can't handle because you guys aren't built to that way.

Peyton manning was better at the position and Tom Brady had better teams.