• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady is OVERRATED

Do you think Tom Brady is overrated?

• Total voters

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole football world has known something Providence, RI has ignored and kept secret for a very long time. Tom Brady is Overrated. Last Thursday certainly cemented the fact. We are talking about a QB nobody thought was good enough to start on an NFL team, was a game manager most of his career and would only have 1 SB if it wasn't for his kicker.

Tom Brady has been lauded by many as the GOAT because his teams have won 4 Super Bowls. Much of that credit HAS to be taken away after seeing what the Patriots have been able to do with backup quarterbacks.

Last edited:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a thread on Friday "How many rings would Belihick have if Brady wasn't born"

People wanted me to die

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole football world has known something Providence, MA has ignored and kept secret for a very long time. Tom Brady is Overrated. Last Thursday certainly cemented the fact. We are talking about a QB nobody thought was good enough to start on an NFL team, was a game manager most of his career and would only have 1 SB if it wasn't for his kicker.

Tom Brady has been lauded by many as the GOAT because his teams have won 4 Super Bowls. Much of that credit HAS to be taken away after seeing what the Patriots have been able to do with backup quarterbacks.

FYI Providence is in RI, Patriots play in Foxborough MA

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I was just naming the closes major city to where the Patriots play. I meant to type RI. Thanks for the correction.

NP I live in Prov and we are totally different than people in Boston esp S Bahstan. Your right when other teams travel here to play, they do stay at the Biltmore in Providence

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is a very good quarterback.

He does not belong in the conversation of greatest ever.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is a very good quarterback.

He does not belong in the conversation of greatest ever.

I agree.......Rumor around town is that the "Ice Cold Beer" guy in Foxboro will be starting for them vs the Bills

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things have changed now that BB is proving he is much more important than the QB.

So is Kubiak, he lost his 2 starters from last year and starts a 2nd year guy, first year starter and they are scoring more points 3-0. Philly doesnt have Bradford and is 3-0 with a true rookie and Minny loses their starter Bridewater and is 3-0 with 2 different starters. Guess 3 games is enough to evaluate. Maybe this proves how bad the Pats O line is as both starters are injured and Brady kept on playing every game except the season he had the ankle operation

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has great potential

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is? He has the stats and records to prove otherwise
His stats are inflated compared to old-timers because the game has changed so much to favor the passing game(that goes for all modern quarterbacks, not just Brady). A few guys who I am old enough to see play that I would put in the conversation would be Montana, Young, Marino, Elway, Manning.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stats are inflated compared to old-timers because the game has changed so much to favor the passing game(that goes for all modern quarterbacks, not just Brady). A few guys who I am old enough to see play that I would put in the conversation would be Montana, Young, Marino, Elway, Manning.

Not to mention, not many past greats were encouraged to pad stats when his team was up 44-7 to start the 4th quarter

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the other greats had the benefit of knowing the defenses plays and signs as well.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Young to me didn't play long enough in the NFL for me to have him in convo. When they do polls on NFLN or ESPN it's usually Montana and Brady. I would put Elway in the mix. A guy who can take an organization to 5 SB's and do what he did is in mix.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, not many past greats were encouraged to pad stats when his team was up 44-7 to start the 4th quarter

Leave Peyton out of this. I wish Brady had stayed longer in the game vs Tenn when he threw 5 td's in second Q in snow. They pulled him after first series in 3rd Q

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick non-Brady QB's in NE 18-18 record, 76 QB rating 0 post-seasons.
Belichick with Brady, 96 QB rating, best winning % ever, most SB's by a coach ever.

Which do you prefer?

Question... How much more does Belichick need to do to get to the Kubiak level as an amazing coach? I mean Kubiak won 12 games with a QB that couldn't beat out Michael Vick, and had two QB's not only win multiple games (and stay standing for them), but outplay HOFer Peyton Manning playing at a SB level of play.

Forget Brissett as a 3rd round QB winning a game and nearly throwing a touchdown, 7th rounder Siemien just threw 4 TD's last week and won his 3rd straight game. How bad is Belichick to be so far behind there?

And, unlike Belichick, Kubiak let his high priced QB go to Houston knowing he could win without him. I mean should we all start wondering if Bill Belichick is mentally retarded? Paying a guy the 3rd most money in NFL history when he knows his coaches and players can win games without him just as easily?

So in our world of idiotic jump way too soon and overreact at 3 games... Should Belichick be fired? His coaches/players won 4 chips, but his misuse of the cap, throwing hundreds of millions of dollars at a waste at the QB position cost them 12 other potential championships in NE. By far the worst move ever in the history of sports, easily.

And I love the "game manager" bit. Guy is 7th all time in passing yards per game, more TD's than fucking Marino, led the league in TD's last year and did that as well 14 YEARS AGO, and was 3rd in the league in pass attempts in his 1st full season as a starter... but yeah, that's what game managers do huh? Air it out more times than Peyton Manning and Brett Favre in their 1st full season as a starter? Maybe it was the 52 attempts in his first ever playoff game that had you saying "wow he only manages the game and throws when he has to"???

Sorry but if that's what you see, maybe you should stop watching football. I have a feeling that if you muted the TV and watched a game with Stevie Wonder, he'd be able to tell me more about what happened when it was over than you.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is if there was another QB on the Patriots last year starting versus the Broncos in the playoffs and not Tom Brady I think the Patriots would have won. How many deep throws can a guy miss? The Denver Broncos the defending Super Bowl Champions. Peace.

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how you rate him to begin with.

Non Pats fans always rated him average to begin with. So, for us he is right where he belongs - least important to his football team.