• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady Theories?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have any?

Is it Belicheat? Is it the new uniform? Is it Florida? Is it the lack of players around him?

Me personally. (Large in part to lack of playmakers around him but)

My theory other than that part is....

Tom Brady is so sick and tired of people hating him because he is a Patriot and he has won all the rings, and people dislike the Patriots. I think Brady (while still trying to win another ring) also wants to go to a likable team where he will feel less hate. We all got tired of the guy winning, and yeah he did some stuff like flat football and a lot of whining to the officials, but overall he has been a pretty good guy... No issues off the field... Proven everything he has to prove.

I think he really wanted to go somewhere to end his career where he wouldn't feel as hated playing for a more likable team.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe it was $30 million dollars.

I predict he gets injured and doesn't finish the year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe it was $30 million dollars.

I predict he gets injured and doesn't finish the year.

Well, the Patriots offered him the same deal. He flat out said it wasn't the money... He wanted his best chance to win...

So the weapons around him was obviously a big part of it. But I think there is a bit more to it then just leaving the franchise that he won 6 Super Bowl on.

#TiredOftheHate

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the REAL Tom Brady was abducted shortly after his big win against the Rams and was replaced with an alien. One of these days he’s going to be tackled in just the right way to expose the reptilian features hidden behind that “boy next door” exterior.

visitor%2Bfrom%2Bv.jpg

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Patriots offered him the same deal. He flat out said it wasn't the money... He wanted his best chance to win...

So the weapons around him was obviously a big part of it. But I think there is a bit more to it then just leaving the franchise that he won 6 Super Bowl on.

#TiredOftheHate

Yeah - I think it is the same dynamic Shanahan had with Elway - that Brady has with Belichek - neither wants to admit they couldn't have won without the other.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he gives a rat's ass what people think. Whenever he gets to thinking about something like that, he polishes his rings, checks his bank account and then sticks it in Gisele.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have any?

Is it Belicheat? Is it the new uniform? Is it Florida? Is it the lack of players around him?

Me personally. (Large in part to lack of playmakers around him but)

My theory other than that part is....

Tom Brady is so sick and tired of people hating him because he is a Patriot and he has won all the rings, and people dislike the Patriots. I think Brady (while still trying to win another ring) also wants to go to a likable team where he will feel less hate. We all got tired of the guy winning, and yeah he did some stuff like flat football and a lot of whining to the officials, but overall he has been a pretty good guy... No issues off the field... Proven everything he has to prove.

I think he really wanted to go somewhere to end his career where he wouldn't feel as hated playing for a more likable team.

Brady when disconnected from the Patriots really does seem like a pretty decent guy. Really hoping in his post football career that he and Manning figure out a way to do a show together. Have really enjoyed that the two have done a couple of little projects together already.

For me though I think he got tired of the cold winters. Moving to Tampa lets him set up his retirement home over the next couple of years while still playing a bit of football.

On a more serious note I do think the relationship between Brady and Belichick had soured quite a bit. They are both alpha personalities and that will always lead to some clashes. Heck Belichick tried to ship Brady out a few years ago but got shot down by the owner so Jimmy G was kicked out the door instead. This was a good time to walk away when things still looked pretty civil and gives Brady a chance with what I would consider a much better offensive roster around him now in Tampa.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he gives a rat's ass what people think. Whenever he gets to thinking about something like that, he polishes his rings, checks his bank account and then sticks it in Gisele.

I think he is more human then you realize. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good thoughts. Only Brady can answer but I bet we find out more about this move after his career is over.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea if femurov is Poster of the Month, but I nominate this as post of the month!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3670_tampa_bay_buccaneers-primary-2014.png

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it’s a decision maker, but between his and Gisele’s salaries, they probably save $4-5 MM a year in state takes. Over 10 years that’s a pretty nice mansion.