• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tofficial Cavs thread

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should learn how to read. Posters are only saying the following things.

1) Kyrie isn't a superstar PG.

2) Based on the current roster the defense doesn't look like you will be a top 10 defensive team

3) If you get Ray & Marion, you're going to have an old bench

I need to learn to read, really? I can do without the exaggerated, pointless insults. One of the things I like about the hoop.

Your blanket statement that posters are only saying those 3 things is pretty inaccurate, IMO.

Look, There's no doubt that Cavs fans on here are being very optimistic, playing up the positives on the Cavs rosters, and probably even being a bit delusional.

IMO, though, several non-cavs-fan-posters are doing the exact same thing, just on the other side of the line.

I have absolutely zero problem with either of those takes. I'm just pointing out that if you chose to position yourself on the side of the line where Kyrie isn't an elite PG, that he's overrated, that Love's bad defense will be a significant hinderance, etc.... then you will have to deal with either recanting or praising LeBron if the Cavs do manage to do well.

Of course, if they don't do well, you'll have nothing to do except indulge in a little bit of earned "I told you so", if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cavs are an old team but according to russy they will be running fastbreak all game long
"Kevin Love has averaged 12.2 rebounds for his career but everyone knows he carves out a lot of room for his team to grab rebounds. He averaged 18.9 rebounding chances per game for the Minnesota Timberwolves in 2013-14, which was 2nd in the league.

The most lethal and exciting part of this whole trio is, without question, linked directly to the pinpoint accuracy of Love’s outlet passes once he tracks down said rebounds.

He will ignite fast break after fast break for Kyrie Irving and LeBron James… And I mean fast break. As the Cavaliers become more and more acquainted with themselves, expect this team to be consistently scoring baskets within 3-to-5 seconds after corralling a defensive rebound.

Love rebound… Outlet pass to Irving at half-court… Lob pass to James for the alley-oop.

Love board… 3/4 court outlet pass to James… Cross-court pass to Irving, who is spotting up for a wide open 3-pointer.

Cleveland should have a surplus of chances to score easy baskets with regularity.

He isn’t a point-forward, but Love’s high basketball IQ and playmaking skills (career-high 4.4 APG last season) will also be utilized in handoff situations in the post, pinch-post and on the perimeter. He’ll be asked to make reads within the offense and the combination of the tantalizing options he will have, along with his excellent decision making, will throw defenses off balance.

Read more at Five points of impact that Kevin Love will have on Cleveland's offense

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to learn to read, really? I can do without the exaggerated, pointless insults. One of the things I like about the hoop.

Your blanket statement that posters are only saying those 3 things is pretty inaccurate, IMO.

Look, There's no doubt that Cavs fans on here are being very optimistic, playing up the positives on the Cavs rosters, and probably even being a bit delusional.

IMO, though, several non-cavs-fan-posters are doing the exact same thing, just on the other side of the line.

I have absolutely zero problem with either of those takes. I'm just pointing out that if you chose to position yourself on the side of the line where Kyrie isn't an elite PG, that he's overrated, that Love's bad defense will be a significant hinderance, etc.... then you will have to deal with either recanting or praising LeBron if the Cavs do manage to do well.

Of course, if they don't do well, you'll have nothing to do except indulge in a little bit of earned "I told you so", if you want.

The only thing I took from this post, is that you seriously got butt hurt over someone telling you to learn how to read.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What?
The Heat just appeared in 4 straight Finals, winning 2 championships.

For about the entire run Heat fans were told that we had no PG, no C.
That Wade was done and Bosh was overrated.
We were told Spoelstra was a clueless video room flunky.
It went on and on.

Also, at the beginning, because he hadn't, we were told that James would never win, and often it was ex Cavs fans making the predictions.

As the Heat accomplished everything we were told they couldn't,
nobody was lining up to apologize or anything else.
Instead we heard about asterisks and how easy the competition was.

So...if the Cavs ever do manage to win a title, I wouldn't be looking for any praise from this group.

We'll just go with the premise of they won't, and until they do, we are 100% correct.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I took from this post, is that you seriously got butt hurt over someone telling you to learn how to read.
That's odd given the portion of the quote you bolded.

If that's what you got out of that post, fine. Tells me a little more about you.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

It went on and on.

Also, at the beginning, because he hadn't, we were told that James would never win, and often it was ex Cavs fans making the predictions.

So...if the Cavs ever do manage to win a title, I wouldn't be looking for any praise from this group.

We'll just go with the premise of they won't, and until they do, we are 100% correct.

A fair point, but are those the people you aspire to be like?

I have no problem recanting when I should, and expect most posters on here feel the same way.

I disagree that your correct until proven wrong. No one is correct until games are played.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

It went on and on.

Not sure about that. There might have been a few on CBS but none on here considering you and I have been on this site for about the same amount of time. The recent new fans from whatever site they came from have nothing to do with talking shit about Miami since "The Decision"

It was mostly LAL / Kobe fans talking the most shit about the Heat on CBS and here.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no problem recanting when I should, and expect most posters on here feel the same way.

I disagree that your correct until proven wrong. No one is correct until games are played.

This. Heat fans have a prediction and Cavs fan have a prediction. Nobody is right yet bc the games haven't been played.

I said between 54-60 wins could be doable, but if they want to get to the Finals or win it the defense has to be better and we have see real chemistry from this group, I think that is a given. They have the talent and depth, but there are some holes. The only team without holes right now is probably the Spurs and IMO are the favorite still.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Heat fans have a prediction and Cavs fan have a prediction. Nobody is right yet bc the games haven't been played.

I said between 54-60 wins could be doable, but if they want to get to the Finals or win it the defense has to be better and we have see real chemistry from this group, I think that is a given. They have the talent and depth, but there are some holes. The only team without holes right now is probably the Spurs and IMO are the favorite still.

I think every logical person is around the same win total except for Russy. I don't think I seen anyone on here say Cleveland finishes with under 54 wins.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If others thrive because of James, then what is there to recant?
I've never questioned his greatness on the court.

Like I've pointed out, Chalmers was the starting PG on a team that just reached 4 straight Finals and won 2 championships.

No way Kyrie won't look good on the court with James.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:10::10: :agree:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If others thrive because of James, then what is there to recant?
I've never questioned his greatness on the court.

Like I've pointed out, Chalmers was the starting PG on a team that just reached 4 straight Finals and won 2 championships.

No way Kyrie won't look good on the court with James.

Nothing, I said the choices would be to recant or be ready to give LeBron a bunch of credit.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about that. There might have been a few on CBS but none on here considering you and I have been on this site for about the same amount of time. The recent new fans from whatever site they came from have nothing to do with talking shit about Miami since "The Decision"

It was mostly LAL / Kobe fans talking the most shit about the Heat on CBS and here.

I might be wrong, but I thought there were some Cavs fans at the beginning.
Over time it for sure became a vast majority of
LAL/Kobe fans.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russy is the delusional one here. He thinks they will be clicking on all cylinders from game 1 and will not go through any adjustment period. In addition to that Kevin Love will thrown an outlet pass to Kyrie for a Lebron ally after every miss......And oh yeah this will be the best offensive team in the NBA in the last 20 years

All according to Russy

PCH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh....

Kevin Love is way better than Bosh (LMAO even though the numbers are nearly identical to Bosh pre-Lebron) and Kyrie is the next Chris Paul

Don't forget that even though their defense will be avg and their bench will be very old, the Cavs will be a run and gun offense

I said this on an earlier thread. Love is better than Bosh. Kyrie can score better than Paul right now, I will say that. Paul's floor generalship is far above young Kyrie's at this point though.

PCH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think every logical person is around the same win total except for Russy. I don't think I seen anyone on here say Cleveland finishes with under 54 wins.

Cavs could get 50 on the dot.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this on an earlier thread. Love is better than Bosh. Kyrie can score better than Paul right now, I will say that. Paul's floor generalship is far above young Kyrie's at this point though.

There's not much of a disparity between Love and Bosh in terms of skill. Although, I will concede that Love is the better rebounder, while Bosh is the better defender. They're both the same player. CP3 isn't a better scorer in the sense as Paul is generally more of a floor general as you pointed out and is always looking for the assist instead of scoring.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing, I said the choices would be to recant or be ready to give LeBron a bunch of credit.

Of course I would have to give James credit.

I have been pretty vocal about my opinion of Kyrie being overrated for years now.

My biggest criticism of Love is obviously his defense.

I will maintain my stance that until they can play at least above average defense, they can't win championships, regardless of how well the click offensively.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Paul can score better than Kyrie. Paul chooses to be a pass first shoot 2nd PG. Kyrie been the opposite way around. Chris Paul shot attempts per game is usually 14 or lower. The 2 years which he attempted 16 or more he avg 21 & 23 PPG. Kyrie on the other hand shoots like he's a shooting guard. He avg 18 shots in 2012-2013 and 17 shots last year. Paul would be around 25 PPG if he attempted 17 or 18 shots nightly