• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tofficial Cavs thread

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Paul can score better than Kyrie. Paul chooses to be a pass first shoot 2nd PG. Kyrie been the opposite way around. Chris Paul shot attempts per game is usually 14 or lower. The 2 years which he attempted 16 or more he avg 21 & 23 PPG. Kyrie on the other hand shoots like he's a shooting guard. He avg 18 shots in 2012-2013 and 17 shots last year. Paul would be around 25 PPG if he attempted 17 or 18 shots nightly
:agree:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs could get 50 on the dot.

I think more than 50 is going to be pretty easy really, it also depends if they rest players, injuries, etc. I do think some are underestimately Lebrons' drive and with very good players around him, 50 wins like I said should happen no problem.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will be the only year that Lebron is motivated in the regular season with the Cavs. After you win titles especially when you proved that you don't need HCA, the regular season is useless to you. All you want is HCA for the first 2 rounds and you should be fine.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not much of a disparity between Love and Bosh in terms of skill. Although, I will concede that Love is the better rebounder, while Bosh is the better defender. They're both the same player. CP3 isn't a better scorer in the sense as Paul is generally more of a floor general as you pointed out and is always looking for the assist instead of scoring.
Bosh will be looked at to score more this year which means his defensive intensity will probably go down.

Love still plays inside and outside. Can't same the same about Bosh, unless he decides to go back to posting up and battling for rebounds which he said he doesn't want to do anymore. If he does go back to that.... then his defensive effort will drop even further.

Disagree that they're the same player. Kevin is the better overall player.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh will be looked at to score more this year which means his defensive intensity will probably go down.

Love still plays inside and outside. Can't same the same about Bosh, unless he decides to go back to posting up and battling for rebounds which he said he doesn't want to do anymore. If he does go back to that.... then his defensive effort will drop even further.

Disagree that they're the same player. Kevin is the better overall player.

The last 4 years he was asked to play more out in the perimeter as it fit to the strengths of Miami's two best players in Lebron and Wade. He played effectively in the post when he was in Toronto, no reason he can't do that now. Not sure how doing more on the offensive end is going to take away from the defensive end. It's not like Bosh is the near equivalent of Eddy Curry and he's horribly out of shape.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will be the only year that Lebron is motivated in the regular season with the Cavs. After you win titles especially when you proved that you don't need HCA, the regular season is useless to you. All you want is HCA for the first 2 rounds and you should be fine.

He's tried every season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's tried every season

that's what you think. It wasn't just him but last year the entire Heat team didn't give 2 shits about the season unless they were playing a top team or a rival. The intensity the Heat played with when they faced Indy or one of top teams out West was completely different than the intensity they played with when faciing the Kings or Magic

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 4 years he was asked to play more out in the perimeter as it fit to the strengths of Miami's two best players in Lebron and Wade. He played effectively in the post when he was in Toronto, no reason he can't do that now. Not sure how doing more on the offensive end is going to take away from the defensive end. It's not like Bosh is the near equivalent of Eddy Curry and he's horribly out of shape.
He said it himself in late May of this year.

In an interview with NBA.com’s John Schuhmann, the two-time NBA champion disclosed that his post-up game is not necessarily his greatest strength, adhering instead to the Heat’s team philosophy when it comes to executing their offensive sets.

Bosh added that he’d rather conserve his energy to use it on the defensive end, with him being Miami’s foremost defender in pick-and-roll situations carried out by the opposing team.

Per hangtime.blogs.nba.com:

“I don’t bang with anybody anymore,” he said. “It’s a tired thing for me. It’s not my strength and I understand that. So, be smart and play within the team offense, but be aggressive at the same time.”
When asked why he doesn’t post up, he said it’s a matter of energy. Simply, he uses too much on the other end of the floor as the Heat’s primary pick-and-roll defender in their aggressive scheme.

“It gets tiring,” he said. “What they ask us to do, to blitz the screen-and-roll every single one, close out and get back. I was already 20-30 pounds lighter than everybody else, so all that stuff just takes my energy.”

https://ph.sports.yahoo.com/news/chris-bosh-does-not-want-122130689--nba.html

He could have easily just said that offensive isn't run for him to post up and bang low. Instead he admitted that it's tiring and not his game.

So if he tries to go back to the Toronto type player he was, then it's safe to say his defense will regress.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is he doesn't want to bump bodies, he said that. He has always been more of a finesse player, but he is taking it to the extreme now. Which isn't good IMO

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is he doesn't want to bump bodies, he said that. He has always been more of a finesse player, but he is taking it to the extreme now. Which isn't good IMO

I agree, Bosh is going to have to adapt his game to go more inside considering he'll be playing center. He needs to try to model his game like Duncan's (not saying Bosh is at Tim Duncan's level).

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what you think. It wasn't just him but last year the entire Heat team didn't give 2 shits about the season unless they were playing a top team or a rival. The intensity the Heat played with when they faced Indy or one of top teams out West was completely different than the intensity they played with when faciing the Kings or Magic

He's a try hard

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said it himself in late May of this year.

In an interview with NBA.com’s John Schuhmann, the two-time NBA champion disclosed that his post-up game is not necessarily his greatest strength, adhering instead to the Heat’s team philosophy when it comes to executing their offensive sets.

Bosh added that he’d rather conserve his energy to use it on the defensive end, with him being Miami’s foremost defender in pick-and-roll situations carried out by the opposing team.

Per hangtime.blogs.nba.com:

“I don’t bang with anybody anymore,” he said. “It’s a tired thing for me. It’s not my strength and I understand that. So, be smart and play within the team offense, but be aggressive at the same time.”
When asked why he doesn’t post up, he said it’s a matter of energy. Simply, he uses too much on the other end of the floor as the Heat’s primary pick-and-roll defender in their aggressive scheme.

“It gets tiring,” he said. “What they ask us to do, to blitz the screen-and-roll every single one, close out and get back. I was already 20-30 pounds lighter than everybody else, so all that stuff just takes my energy.”

https://ph.sports.yahoo.com/news/chris-bosh-does-not-want-122130689--nba.html

He could have easily just said that offensive isn't run for him to post up and bang low. Instead he admitted that it's tiring and not his game.

So if he tries to go back to the Toronto type player he was, then it's safe to say his defense will regress.

he could have saved his breath and said that he is a gigantic pussy that shies away from contact- and that he is cool with just chillen on the perimeter

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no way Bosh is a 20 and 10 guy again- that ship has sailed- he doesnt have the will power or the stomach for it

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Cavs signed rookie Alex Kirk he is listed at about 6'10" but has like a 7'4" wingspan. He is a 2-time Mountain West all-defensive team member. He will be competing with Haywood for some minutes as a backup.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Cavs signed rookie Alex Kirk he is listed at about 6'10" but has like a 7'4" wingspan. He is a 2-time Mountain West all-defensive team member. He will be competing with Haywood for some minutes as a backup.

Yeah, but can he outlet pass?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no way Bosh is a 20 and 10 guy again- that ship has sailed- he doesnt have the will power or the stomach for it

He's not a 10 rebound guy but he can definitely avg 20-22 PPG

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a 10 rebound guy but he can definitely avg 20-22 PPG
I can somewhat agree with this....but getting older and not having the opposing defense nearly spread out as it was over the last 4yrs, it might not be as easy for Chris to do as it sounds.