• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tofficial Cavs thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are such haters.....lol

its ridiculous how well Griffen has constructed the team so the Cavs depth outside of the top 3 players completly and totally takes a massive poop on what Miami ever put out there

Rashard Lewis STARTING games??? LOL --- i mean cmon guys- thats a joke- he STARTED PLAYOFF GAMES

LeBron, Love, Kyrie

Varejao, Waiters, Thompson, Marion, Miller, Haywood, Delledova, Jones, Harris, Powell, --and possibly Ray Ray

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are such haters.....lol

its ridiculous how well Griffen has constructed the team so the Cavs depth outside of the top 3 players completly and totally takes a massive poop on what Miami ever put out there

Rashard Lewis STARTING games??? LOL --- i mean cmon guys- thats a joke- he STARTED PLAYOFF GAMES

LeBron, Love, Kyrie

Varejao, Waiters, Thompson, Marion, Miller, Haywood, Delledova, Jones, Harris, Powell, --and possibly Ray Ray

First of all, LeBron constructed the team.

Next, if that roster didn't have James, it's probably fighting for a bottom playoff seed in the East.

First 6 names are solid.
Then, Marion is OK, and for sure a great addition for the minimum.
You think he's that much of an upgrade over Lewis though?
I'd barely rather have Marion, but it would depend on what the rest of roster looked like.

After that, color me unimpressed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just says how great Lebron is and how much of a team player he is.

Marion made $9.3 mil last year, he signed for the minimum $1.4 mil :laugh3:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't going to make that money anywhere. At most maybe he could have gotten the full MLE but even that would be a stretch

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just says how great Lebron is and how much of a team player he is.

Marion made $9.3 mil last year, he signed for the minimum $1.4 mil :laugh3:

A lot of players are overpaid in the last year of a contract.

Marion is ok. Nice pickup.

You're bench is old though.

I understand why it is what it is, we've lived it here for four years.

Maybe James should have his SI man re-write the letter.
His patience/youth movement is probably going to average age out to the oldest team in the league when its said and done.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron had alotta nerve leaving South Beach. My sarcasm meter just broke, dammit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Next, if that roster didn't have James, it's probably fighting for a bottom playoff seed in the East.

First 6 names are solid.
I'd barely rather have Marion, but it would depend on what the rest of roster looked like.

I mean- Dion Waiters is on the US Select team and is going into his 3rd year and could really bea very special player in his own right and he is like the 5th guy right now. Varejao is probably #4 and -albeit- when healthy- is one of the best rebounders and pick and roll defenders out there

the Cavs win 61

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First 6 names are solid.

Its a big upgrade over Lewis. Damn you cant be that stupid? Lewis 4.5 pts per game 1.8 rebs 1 ass per game last year while Marion 10.4 pts per game 6.5 rebs per game and plays some defense. Just saying.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- Dion Waiters is on the US Select team and is going into his 3rd year and could really bea very special player in his own right and he is like the 5th guy right now. Varejao is probably #4 and -albeit- when healthy- is one of the best rebounders and pick and roll defenders out there

the Cavs win 61

They're gonna win 56

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Cavs are loaded and Lebron has now won championships. Winning less than 60 games and a finals appearance if not an NBA championship would be a failure. Winning regular season games not as important.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Cavs win 61

You act like Waiters and Kyrie weren't on last years roster:noidea:.

They were, plus Deng, Hawes , Jack, Zeller, and all the rest.

YET, couldn't sniff the 8 seed in a horrific EC.

Enough of the 'could be" stuff.
That's league wide.

Look, you got James so of course you will be real good, but it's only because of him.

These other guys didn't all of the sudden turn into what they weren't before.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a big upgrade over Lewis. Damn you cant be that stupid? Lewis 4.5 pts per game 1.8 rebs 1 ass per game last year while Marion 10.4 pts per game 6.5 rebs per game and plays some defense. Just saying.

I'll dummy it down for you.

Marion will spell (probably) James for X amounts of minutes each game.
Lewis had the ability to hit 3's while playing with James.

Marion is the better overall player, but in a lot of situations you might be better with Lewis on the court.
It just depends on the lineup.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like Waiters and Kyrie weren't on last years roster:noidea:.

They were, plus Deng, Hawes , Jack, Zeller, and all the rest.

YET, couldn't sniff the 8 seed in a horrific EC.

Enough of the 'could be" stuff.
That's league wide.

Look, you got James so of course you will be real good, but it's only because of him.

These other guys didn't all of the sudden turn into what they weren't before.

THAT IS EXACTLY what young guys do- turn into players they werent before- if they didnt lebron, durant and cp would never of made the playoffs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

THAT IS EXACTLY what young guys do- turn into players they werent before- if they didnt lebron, durant and cp would never of made the playoffs

True to a point. However, there are also those who never make that transition. In fact, league history is filled with players who were supposed to be great and never were. Until they actually make that transition, they are just a player with potential that hasn't panned out yet.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True to a point. However, there are also those who never make that transition. In fact, league history is filled with players who were supposed to be great and never were. Until they actually make that transition, they are just a player with potential that hasn't panned out yet.

Exactly.

That's why the Cavs turned into shit the minute James left.

The judge and jury is when these players are not playing with him, not when they are.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

The judge and jury is when these players are not playing with him, not when they are.

Yeah, I get that Cavs fans are excited. Who wouldn't be? Their team just landed the best player in the game. But, as Heat fans can attest to, that doesn't guarantee that they will just start rattling off titles.

The big 3 that Miami put together all had playoff experience, 1 had been to the finals and 1 had not only been on a title winner, but was the MVP of the series. Even with that, they were unable to win a title in their first season together because even with the experience the big 3 had, they struggled with the "pecking order" (not in a bad way, just trying to be too unselfish).

This big 3 has 1 guy who has a couple of championships and 2 that have never played a single game of playoff basketball. That's before you get to some of the other inexperienced guys like Waiters that they will need to step up.

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

You don't think Irving and Waiters are any good? Love as well? I get the desire for Heat fans to significantly downplay the Cavs roster. They've played pretty good basketball without Lebron. They should play better now with Lebron. He makes everyone better right? That's what we've been hearing from Heat fans these last four seasons.