• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tofficial Cavs thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, LeBron constructed the team.

Next, if that roster didn't have James, it's probably fighting for a bottom playoff seed in the East.

First 6 names are solid.
Then, Marion is OK, and for sure a great addition for the minimum.
You think he's that much of an upgrade over Lewis though?
I'd barely rather have Marion, but it would depend on what the rest of roster looked like.

After that, color me unimpressed.

Your joking right, Lewis could shoot 3's, that's pretty much it. Marion can do it all and defend. Big upgrade, And has Cleveland has shooters

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are loaded and Lebron has now won championships. Winning less than 60 games and a finals appearance if not an NBA championship would be a failure. Winning regular season games not as important.

Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think Irving and Waiters are any good? Love as well? I get the desire for Heat fans to significantly downplay the Cavs roster. They've played pretty good basketball without Lebron. They should play better now with Lebron. He makes everyone better right? That's what we've been hearing from Heat fans these last four seasons.

I don't take anything serious Heat fans are saying bc of course they will exaggerate everything negatively. The roster is damn good top 2 in the East. They have young players that are talented and veteran leadership, there is a mix. They will find a way to have leadership and athleticism on the court too, they aren't just gonna throw all the 33+ guys out there.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your joking right, Lewis could shoot 3's, that's pretty much it. Marion can do it all and defend. Big upgrade, And has Cleveland has shooters

Marion shot a higher percentage from deep last season than Lewis. Marion has the more well-rounded game. Lewis is a one-trick pony that isn't that good at his trick anymore.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think Irving and Waiters are any good? Love as well? I get the desire for Heat fans to significantly downplay the Cavs roster. They've played pretty good basketball without Lebron. They should play better now with Lebron. He makes everyone better right? That's what we've been hearing from Heat fans these last four seasons.

What's your definition of " any good"?

There pre-James career playoff record is what?
Neither is anything special.

Of course the Cavs will be good, but James makes any roster that much better.

You are mixing 2 seperate discussions.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't take anything serious Heat fans are saying bc of course they will exaggerate everything negatively. The roster is damn good top 2 in the East. They have young players that are talented and veteran leadership, there is a mix. They will find a way to have leadership and athleticism on the court too, they aren't just gonna throw all the 33+ guys out there.

I don't disagree with any of this, but like I've said before you guys take everything to the extreme positive.
You need to try to break it down by who you think will be on the court together.

Pretty much all the logical groups as far as playing big minutes will all be challenged defensively IMO.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll dummy it down for you.

Marion will spell (probably) James for X amounts of minutes each game.
Lewis had the ability to hit 3's while playing with James.

Marion is the better overall player, but in a lot of situations you might be better with Lewis on the court.
It just depends on the lineup.

There is not a basketball situation known to man where I would prefer Lewis over Marion:pound:.

Dallas tried to sign him, in place of Shawn, because he was willing to take the minimum.

But, the guy couldn't even pass a physical.

His ability to hit the occasional 3 means nothing if he's sitting in bubblewrap in the lockerroom.

Marion is, BY FAR, the better player.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marion shot a higher percentage from deep last season than Lewis. Marion has the more well-rounded game. Lewis is a one-trick pony that isn't that good at his trick anymore.

Totally agree.

Marion is still a rotation player and Lewis is a bench technician in charge of gatorade distribution.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not a basketball situation known to man where I would prefer Lewis over Marion:pound:.

Dallas tried to sign him, in place of Shawn, because he was willing to take the minimum.

But, the guy couldn't even pass a physical.

His ability to hit the occasional 3 means nothing if he's sitting in bubblewrap in the lockerroom.

Marion is, BY FAR, the better player.

Marion is the better player. I've said he was the Cavs best bench up, so let's keep it in perspective.
If I'm adding either Marion or Lewis to my roster, it's a no brainer.

However, there are situations where I would rather have Lewis on the court.

It just depends on the other players on the court and the situation of the game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.

Marion is still a rotation player and Lewis is a bench technician in charge of gatorade distribution.

Well, a ton of players appeared to be overpaid this summer, and Marion is playing for the minimum.

I think he's worth more then that, but it's not like he was turning down higher offers that I know of.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your definition of " any good"?

There pre-James career playoff record is what?
Neither is anything special.

Of course the Cavs will be good, but James makes any roster that much better.

You are mixing 2 seperate discussions.

Who cares about their playoff record, or lack of. It's not like Lebron is joining up with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown. Irving and Love are both very talented. They've both shown to be above-average NBA players. Both have been all-stars. Neither has played with the caliber of player as Lebron though.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about their playoff record, or lack of. It's not like Lebron is joining up with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown. Irving and Love are both very talented. They've both shown to be above-average NBA players. Both have been all-stars. Neither has played with the caliber of player as Lebron though.

Well, to me above average shouldn't equal max contract.
Love has earned his all star resume, Kyrie hasn't.

And yes, LeBron will always join up/ hand pick, and now more then ever before.
It's always going to be championship or bust for him.

It's going to get to the point ( because Gilbert has to do whatever he says) that him losing will be a mockery and if he wins it will be viewed as not that much of an achievement whether it's in Cleveland or not.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's going to get to the point ( because Gilbert has to do whatever he says) that him losing will be a mockery and if he wins it will be viewed as not that much of an achievement whether it's in Cleveland or not.

We all know contract value doesn't always equate to their actual ability.

Why wouldn't it be viewed as much of an achievement? The Miami titles were. If anything, it would be viewed as a bigger achievement because he led this lesser team of non-experienced players to a title right?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know contract value doesn't always equate to their actual ability.

Why wouldn't it be viewed as much of an achievement? The Miami titles were. If anything, it would be viewed as a bigger achievement because he led this lesser team of non-experienced players to a title right?

If they win this year, then yes. I agree.

That's not what I suggested though. I said it will get to the point where it wouldn't.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, a ton of players appeared to be overpaid this summer, and Marion is playing for the minimum.

I think he's worth more then that, but it's not like he was turning down higher offers that I know of.

He wanted more from Dallas and that's why they moved on.

Once he came to the reality that he was playing for the minimum, he went with the frontrunner.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they win this year, then yes. I agree.

That's not what I suggested though. I said it will get to the point where it wouldn't.

Right now, all the Cavs are is a collection of names on paper.

Chemistry is a huge factor.

I think they will make it to the ECF rather easily.

But, I don't see what they have done to elevate them past a healthy Spurs team.

So, it it's Championship or Bust...

I'm saying bust.:noidea:

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I sleep just fine. Not sure what point you are trying to make. I am agreeing with the Cavs fans that they have a darn good roster. Just saying the expectations have gone up significantly since the PR letter in SI was published by James. This is no longer Lebron taking Irving and some young team on a journey. This Lebron with 2 other max players and very experienced veterans who are in a win now mode. With this team, the pressure will rise and so will the expectations.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I disagree. Winning title is a huge achievement even if expected. In fact, I think when a title is expected it becomes much harder.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree to a certain extent.

But, teams like the Cavs and Jazz should be graded on the curve.

They have to overpay to keep guys.

Hayward, Kyrie, Parsons....none of those guys are max players.

But, I'm sure Lebron made it clear that he wasn't coming back to play with Waiters and Jack.