• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2017 Recruiting Thread

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson should go to Texas. Tom Herman seems to put DLinemen in good positions to succeed.

I think Herman was hired too late. Tough to sell winning immediately to recruits when Texas has been hammered on defense for years.

If the Big 12 can change the perception about defense in the conference -- guys like Wilson would sign there. Instead, the sign with the SEC or B1G.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Gary have to do with Tom Herman?
I think his staff does a good job of showcasing their most talented players is all I'm saying ala Calipari. Guys like Harbaugh and Meyer can actually develop players better and make even 3 stars look good at times. See Malik Hooker and Glasgow bros.

Plus it helps that Texas is lacking the depth and he will play immediately the majority of snaps. Gary would be a stud if he had the same amount of snaps as Oliver.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Gary have to do with Tom Herman?

Not to change the topic -- but I meant to say something to you about an OSU recruit. I got to watch IMG academy play Shaun Wade's HS team.

I will make a prediction right now -- Shaun Wade is going to be an absolute freak for OSU. He stood out over everyone on the field, where they had like 40 guys with D-1 offers including guys like Dylan Moses.

He is someone I wish UM could have grabbed. Normally I don't put much into a HS game, but this was basically a college game and he looked like a man amongst boys.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to change the topic -- but I meant to say something to you about an OSU recruit. I got to watch IMG academy play Shaun Wade's HS team.

I will make a prediction right now -- Shaun Wade is going to be an absolute freak for OSU. He stood out over everyone on the field, where they had like 40 guys with D-1 offers including guys like Dylan Moses.

He is someone I wish UM could have grabbed. Normally I don't put much into a HS game, but this was basically a college game and he looked like a man amongst boys.
That makes me extremely happy to read. I'm really excited for this incoming crop of defensive backs. I didn't have much of a chance to watch his film but I'm glad to hear your opinion on him. Hopefully we get at least 2 DPJ/Wade matchups in the coming years.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan's class is supposed to be in the 30-32 range

We have 24 with 8 open spots, but I'm guessing we will see flip flopping all over the place before we see a finished product

Keep in mind that maybe there will be 8 spots available for the Wolverines... right now there are only 3 open spots (today Michigan has 24 commits out of 27 currently available spots). The final availability will depend upon attrition via decommitments, transfers, and some players foregoing a fifth year.

After Michigan's big recruiting day, who are the top targets to fill the Wolverines' remaining spots?

Sure, some folks such as 247 recruiting analyst Steve Lorenz believe the Wolverines could have as many as 32 commits in the 2017 class... BUT... remember that figure could also be as low as 27 if the expected attrition does not happen.

How Michigan's 2017 class stacks up now and more recruiting questions and answers

Per some of the articles, it pretty much looks like at least 5 openings will be available, possibly a few more.

We shall see.

Last edited:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes me extremely happy to read. I'm really excited for this incoming crop of defensive backs. I didn't have much of a chance to watch his film but I'm glad to hear your opinion on him. Hopefully we get at least 2 DPJ/Wade matchups in the coming years.
You think Wade will cover DPJ over Holmes?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Wade will cover DPJ over Holmes?
I think Wade and Holmes are interchangeable in terms of CB1 and CB1a. Plus, assuming Okudah still comes, he might be lining up at CB himself some. It will be an elite group of defensive backs, that goes without saying.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wade and Holmes are interchangeable in terms of CB1 and CB1a. Plus, assuming Okudah still comes, he might be lining up at CB himself some. It will be an elite group of defensive backs, that goes without saying.
Okudah projects as a Safety.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....continued.....

Per the article, here are the three recruits most likely to choose Michigan:

IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) 4-star LB Jordan Anthony – This one sounds like it’s all wrapped up. Michigan has been in the lead since the spring game on April 1. If Auburn or Maryland somehow flip him, I’ll be stunned. Decision date: Dec. 22 Chances: 90 percent.

Paramus Catholic (N.J.) 4-star LB Drew Singleton – This one sounds more over with by the day. He was once considering Clemson, and still is, but Michigan has been his leader for nearly two seasons. And that was never changing. His decision date is unknown, but rumors have surfaced that it could come this week. Decision date: Unknown. Chances: 90 percent.

Pinson (Ala.) Clay 4-star WR Nico Collins – Michigan has been the clear-cut leader for a very long time. He’s visited four times since June (and he’s from the Deep South). Alabama sounds like they have backed off now, but Georgia is still very much in the mix. And we know what late pushes from the Bulldogs can do (see: Isaiah Wilson). Decision date: National Signing Day (Feb. 1). Chances: 90 percent.

We shall see.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....continued.....

Per the article, here are the three recruits most likely to choose Michigan:

IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) 4-star LB Jordan Anthony – This one sounds like it’s all wrapped up. Michigan has been in the lead since the spring game on April 1. If Auburn or Maryland somehow flip him, I’ll be stunned. Decision date: Dec. 22 Chances: 90 percent.

Paramus Catholic (N.J.) 4-star LB Drew Singleton – This one sounds more over with by the day. He was once considering Clemson, and still is, but Michigan has been his leader for nearly two seasons. And that was never changing. His decision date is unknown, but rumors have surfaced that it could come this week. Decision date: Unknown. Chances: 90 percent.

Pinson (Ala.) Clay 4-star WR Nico Collins – Michigan has been the clear-cut leader for a very long time. He’s visited four times since June (and he’s from the Deep South). Alabama sounds like they have backed off now, but Georgia is still very much in the mix. And we know what late pushes from the Bulldogs can do (see: Isaiah Wilson). Decision date: National Signing Day (Feb. 1). Chances: 90 percent.

We shall see.
Need more 5 stars. Someone convince a booster to slip $100K to Foster Sarell pls.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that maybe there will be 8 spots available for the Wolverines... right now there are only 3 open spots (today Michigan has 24 commits out of 27 currently available spots). The final availability will depend upon attrition via decommitments, transfers, and some players foregoing a fifth year.

After Michigan's big recruiting day, who are the top targets to fill the Wolverines' remaining spots?

Sure, some folks such as 247 recruiting analyst Steve Lorenz believe the Wolverines could have as many as 32 commits in the 2017 class... BUT... remember that figure could also be as low as 27 if the expected attrition does not happen.

How Michigan's 2017 class stacks up now and more recruiting questions and answers

Per some of the articles, it pretty much looks like at least 5 openings will be available, possibly a few more.

We shall see.

Players don't have an option anymore on a fifth year. Harbaugh decides if you get a 5th year or not. So the dead weight will be trimmed right there. Plus, UM is losing like 43 players to graduation. And as I've said on here before -- he is stealing a page from the Saban/Urban Meyer playbook and using Medical Hardships on guys who don't play. He has used 4 or 5 his 1st two years and I'm quite sure he will continue to do so until Hoke's recruits are gone.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is just my prediction, but I got to watch many of the top HS teams play. It was between him and deAngelo Gibbs who looked the most impressive to me. Both looked like they were playing at a different speed than everyone else to me.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players don't have an option anymore on a fifth year. Harbaugh decides if you get a 5th year or not. So the dead weight will be trimmed right there. Plus, UM is losing like 43 players to graduation. And as I've said on here before -- he is stealing a page from the Saban/Urban Meyer playbook and using Medical Hardships on guys who don't play. He has used 4 or 5 his 1st two years and I'm quite sure he will continue to do so until Hoke's recruits are gone.

Huh? No option? That's certainly not true... a player has an option to leave. I'll copy/paste the sentence from my post to which you are referring:

"...The final availability will depend upon attrition via decommitments, transfers, and some players foregoing a fifth year."

Harbaugh (or any other coach) cannot make a player stay... as I said in that post, if a player wishes to forego his fifth year (and thus leave), then he may do so.

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unknown 5 star player who is committed to another school will be visiting to UW in January.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? No option? That's certainly not true... a player has an option to leave. I'll copy/paste the sentence from my post to which you are referring:

"...The final availability will depend upon attrition via decommitments, transfers, and some players foregoing a fifth year."

Harbaugh (or any other coach) cannot make a player stay... as I said in that post, if a player wishes to forego his fifth year (and thus leave), then he may do so.

What you are missing is -- NO ONE is guaranteed a fifth year at UM anymore. Prior to Harbaugh -- if you were a redshirt and could come back for a 5th year. It was the players choice. Now, Harbaugh decides who can and cannot come back for a 5th year.

Of course players can transfer -- they will be grad transfers and can go elsewhere to play their final year without sitting out. That is what Shane Morris will likely do. Im not even sure the exact total of 5th year seniors for next year, but I'm guessing we will only see two coming back. Maurice Hurst and Mike McMcray, with a possibility for Krugler.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is in the lead for him after they lost out on Wilson.

No idea what Wilson has to do with this. I am just telling you what the Texas 9.95ers are saying. They don't think he goes to Michigan or Texas. When they put the school they cover behind, the info is usually solid

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea what Wilson has to do with this. I am just telling you what the Texas 9.95ers are saying. They don't think he goes to Michigan or Texas. When they put the school they cover behind, the info is usually solid

I just told you where are all the experts have predicted Filiaga going. UM is at 70%, USC, I believe was 2nd at like 15% with TCU and OU tied for 3rd with 7%.