• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts after the Lions/Bears game........

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...................we won. So that is a good thing. It wasn't pretty. We tried our best to give it away, but the Bears returned the favor by dropping 8 passes.

We also were able to run the ball and Bush looked the best he has all season, so maybe he will give us an extra spark going forward.

Raoila should be cut immediately for the shit he pulled. That was pathetic.

Stafford struggled again today -- I really wish we could have signed him to his deal after his last few seasons, instead of his 2011 season. I will say -- the talks about him being a china doll are squashed now. He has been treated like a pinata this season and keeps getting up.

The defense was great against the run, but they are going to need to tighten up in the passing game, as Claussen could have had some gaudy stats today if Chicago's WRs (specifically Alshon Jeffrey, could catch the ball) 8 drops in one game is impressive. To put it in perspective -- GB dropped 9 balls in 16 games last year, if I remember correctly.

The Offensive Rookie of the Year award is coming down to the wire. I'm going to call today's performance between OBJ and Eric Ebron a wash. OBJ had 150 yards and 2 td's, Ebron ran a pattern and may have thrown a block. I think Stafford almost threw him a pass too. I honestly don't know how the voters are going to decide who to give the award to between these two.

Suh is a beast -- Going to be sad to see him go, but I'm starting to think, it doesn't matter what Detroit offers him -- he wants to go to a major market to play or closer to home.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Lions on the 11 win season. #12 is going to be the toughest to get, but if by some miracle, they pull off the upset next week at Lambeau -- It will be well deserved.

This season has been wild. The close games they found ways to lose in the past, they found ways to win this year (sans the Bills game). A season where everyone thought the Lions offense would carry them -- they basically just tried not to give the games away. Our defense which was much maligned coming into the season has been unbelievable and have carried the team.

I have to say -- it is much more enjoyable watching a defense shutting teams down. The offense is exciting and it is nice to stack fantasy teams with Lions players, but I'll take the defense they have had this year over the offense any day of the week.

Teryl Austin should honestly get votes for Coach of the Year. We all need to start spreading rumors about him online to make sure no one hires him away from us.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do what the 49ers are trying to do.....Get a 1st round draft pick for him in return......Trade Austin!!!!!!!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to expect next week after today. The defense should keep the Pack points low, but the Lions pass game is so shitty you just can't expect much at all. I think they have a chance if it becomes a defensive struggle. Can Prater be clutch? He will need to be.

Ebron looked amazing again today playing fundamental football: running routes and clapping hard coming out of every huddle. Van Noy reminds me of a young Teddy Lehman.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win next week, get a bye and a home playoff game.

Lose, and we play in Dallas, then in either GB/Seattle if we were to win against Cowboys.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out all day. I dvr'd it. So Staff made a mess of things in the red zone a couple of times and Ross coughed it up deep to set em up for points I hear. But Suh was a beast and the D was pretty good overall ? Sounds like another ugly win. I'll probably watch it before next week.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone still laugh about the Ebron jokes around here? I was definitely ready to have some solid football discussion until I ran into that lame crap again. No offense, but is that always part of the discussion here? We all know Odell Beckham is lighting it up. So what, he's not a Lion and his team will be sitting at home. Peace!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooo ooo, do I get to call mikeD a cock sucker now? By his own admission, he was NEVER the one to bring Ebron up first. Well he has now. Should I consult the Lions Board Police first to see if I'm within my board rights?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I think you guys need to lay off TrustMe. We're having a horrible season and he's just using Ebron to vent his frustrations over all the losing and missing the playoffs yet again.

What's that? We're already at 11 wins and in the playoffs and playing a winner-takes-all game for the division title and a 1st round bye? Interesting... then I guess he's just being a jack-ass who likes to make fun of others as long as he's got his board police crew to protect him.

Carry on...

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooo ooo, do I get to call mikeD a cock sucker now? By his own admission, he was NEVER the one to bring Ebron up first. Well he has now. Should I consult the Lions Board Police first to see if I'm within my board rights?

No, no. That would be an attack.

Now simply stating that Mike loves to tune the old meat whistle is just a statement of the obvious that has nothing to do with board etiquette.

And I can remember not too long ago where QBs who had 4000 yard passing seasons were considered prolific.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I think you guys need to lay off TrustMe. We're having a horrible season and he's just using Ebron to vent his frustrations over all the losing and missing the playoffs yet again.

What's that? We're already at 11 WINS and in the playoffs and playing a winner-takes-all game for the division title and a 1st round bye? Interesting... then I guess he's just being a jack-ass who likes to make fun of others as long as he's got his board police crew to protect him.

Carry on...

I apologize -- I didn't mean to attack our #3 WR, that no LB or Safety could single cover because he runs like Vernon Davis. Without Jimmy Graham -- who knows where our team would be right now.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooo ooo, do I get to call mikeD a cock sucker now? By his own ADMISSION, he was NEVER the one to bring Ebron up first. Well he has now. Should I consult the Lions Board Police first to see if I'm within my board rights?

You can call me whatever you'd like. Just make sure your BFF's remember where comments like that originate, instead of trying to call me homophobic.

And just an FYI -- I've been talking about the battle between OBJ and Ebron for the past couple games. Here is last week's:

Lastly -- big shout out to Ebron. He continues his run to the OROY award with another catch. I think it is a toss up between Ebron and OBJ on who wins the award.

I will be including the week 17 follow up after the GB game -- so if you don't want to hear about Ebron -- don't open the thread. It is obvious he is developing and next year -- he will be targeted 100+ times -- TP did the math for us already. I've already passed that on to the Lions front office.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Bears woulda won if Cutler was playing."

-AmericanTebowFan

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone still laugh about the Ebron jokes around here? I was definitely ready to have some solid FOOTBALLdiscussion until I ran into that lame crap again. No offense, but is that always part of the discussion here? We all know Odell Beckham is lighting it up. So what, he's not a Lion and his team will be sitting at home. Peace!

lionstop -- if anyone wanted to make any jokes about Ebron -- we could pull a TP and bump the thread after he was drafted, where he was being talked about as an all-pro TE before even playing a snap.

i'd rather laugh at the pick now, than cry over what we could have had.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Bears woulda won if Cutler was playing."

-AmericanTebowFan

I thought Claussen looked great yesterday. He went like 22 for 38, but the Bears dropped 8 balls, so his number could have been really good. His only pick was the desperation pass on the final drive. He looked poised in the pocket and showed he could take a hit (Ansah will be getting a nice fine for that one).

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Ansah, he should be getting a pretty hefty fine for that hit on Clausen. That looked a lot like a cheap shot, but not as intentional as the Lion's Center. Yikes that was bad as well.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was lowering the boom right before the slide started. Definitely illegal and fine worthy, but not maliciously dirty.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone still laugh about the Ebron jokes around here? I was definitely ready to have some solid football discussion until I ran into that lame crap again. No offense, but is that always part of the discussion here? We all know Odell Beckham is lighting it up. So what, he's not a Lion and his team will be sitting at home. Peace!

I can think of exactly 3 other people who probably think it's hilarious and send him regular private messages in encouragement. I'm betting you all can guess who they are...