• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

chiefs vs bengals thoughts.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best to you and the Commanders.... Hoping Jayden Daniels finally gives Washington a franchise QB - But, I'd like to see him play like a rookie on Monday!
It’ll be interesting to see how the game plays out for JD5 no doubt. My main concern is development for the rookie over wins. I expect continued screens and bubbles with our RB duo getting lots of touches given the strengths of your D.

Also expect to get torched by Chase and crew, our D, especially CB play, continues to disappoint.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Pitts was molested last night in the endzone by KC, no pass interference. It would have probably won the game for Atlanta, but no call by refs when it is KC getting the calls. I think the call was right against Anthony in our game, but he was clearly going for the ball even though he got there early and got the pass interference. The KC never even turned his head to look at the ball, face guarded the whole way and wound up making contact with Pitts well before the ball got there and eliminated the chance of him getting his hands out to try and catch the ball. Crazy how shit has shifted from New England to KC.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Pitts was molested last night in the endzone by KC, no pass interference. It would have probably won the game for Atlanta, but no call by refs when it is KC getting the calls. I think the call was right against Anthony in our game, but he was clearly going for the ball even though he got there early and got the pass interference. The KC never even turned his head to look at the ball, face guarded the whole way and wound up making contact with Pitts well before the ball got there and eliminated the chance of him getting his hands out to try and catch the ball. Crazy how shit has shifted from New England to KC.
1727109835891.png1727109835891.png

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against the Bengals - it could have gone either way, IMO. I hate that it was called, but I don't find much fault in that call. My biggest gripe for that game was the holding that was blatant all game long, and rarely got called. They molested Hendrickson. One play the guy had him in a choke hold from behind - no flag. I get holding happens a lot, nearly every play. However, those impact plays where Hendrickson, and Ossai once or twice, had clearly beaten there guy and were tackled/held...got nothing.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against the Bengals - it could have gone either way, IMO. I hate that it was called, but I don't find much fault in that call. My biggest gripe for that game was the holding that was blatant all game long, and rarely got called. They molested Hendrickson. One play the guy had him in a choke hold from behind - no flag. I get holding happens a lot, nearly every play. However, those impact plays where Hendrickson, and Ossai once or twice, had clearly beaten there guy and were tackled/held...got nothing.
Hendrickson gets held a lot..... By a lot of teams.

I didn't mind the PI call against the Bengals when it happened. I agreed when I saw the replay. After watching it again in real time and from a few other angles, I can see why fans are still mad about it. It was one those calls that is definitely a 50/50 type play. My feeling last week was that if we hit that pass to Yoshi and then manufacture another 2 first downs, the game is over and we don't have to worry. Even without the refs, Mahomes tends to win close games. You have to take the games and not leave them up to chance.

As for last night - Yeah, that was dumb. The ref was right there and that was a textbook PI call.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC and Mahomie getting the Brady/Pats treatment on critical calls on display

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what you run into, too often, is officials in any sport who don't want to call certain fouls/penalties during certain times of the game (i.e. end game plays) because they feel it impacts the outcome. I've always argued that it is actually the opposite. The officials are designed to call fouls/penalties. The timing of the penalty is irrelevant. If an official sees a foul, they should call the foul. By not doing so, they are not doing their job, and thus THEN they are impacting the outcome of a game.

I don't really argue much about the KC penalty the Bengals got. It was a 50/50 ball and he got there early. Do I think it impacted the "catch"? No, I don't. I don't think he was going to come down with that ball in any way - but there was clear contact early.

However, the ATL has to be called. That official has to be reprimanded.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yea, the line between sports and entertainment gets blurred a bit in this league. You have a huge influx of new fans rooting for KC because of Taylor. you got a former all pro TE over there looking like he needs to retire and be a full time Swiftie. maybe when that story has played out, it will go back to the normal level of favoritism, which was still bad. honestly, as a Bengal fan I can tell that we get a few more calls than we used to in the dark days. So we can't complain too much.