• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Truth About QB Competitions

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would he REALLY, though? Pete went all in on Russ after week two of the preseason in his rookie year. I'm pretty sure that Flynn's days in Seattle were officially numbered at that point.

Carroll talks about "compete every day", and I'm sure he means it...for most positions. I don't know if QB is one of them. And that's not an indictment of him. Just a realpolitik situation all HCs have to deal with.

But it was an open competition up until Russ won the job.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was totally open. Each candidate also showed something. Russell was the best.
What will happen in Philly? Will there be tough competition or just default?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some pretty huge stones on the part of PC to go with the midget rookie when they just paid all that cash for Flynn. Not sure who our coach would be right now had that not worked, but I'm confident it wouldnt be Pete Carroll.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will happen in Philly? Will there be tough competition or just default?

There is no competition in Philly. Chip already saw Sanchez. That's why he added Bradford to the roster.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every now and then decent QB's come along and teams for some reason aren't quite satisfied or maybe they don't fit whatever system they are running so they put them on the backburner. This is true for Tampa Bay and Tennessee right now with Mike Glennon and Zach Mettenberger. Both Glennon and Mettenberger are probably better than some starters right now especially in Cleveland,Buffalo,NY Jets,etc. Both Tampa and Tennessee have drafted Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota for the future but chances are one or both teams may regret passing on what they already had. Mettenberger did quite well in limited action with Tennessee but in this case i felt like a competition might be good but Tennessee is forging ahead making Mariota starter from day one.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every now and then decent QB's come along and teams for some reason aren't quite satisfied or maybe they don't fit whatever system they are running so they put them on the backburner. This is true for Tampa Bay and Tennessee right now with Mike Glennon and Zach Mettenberger. Both Glennon and Mettenberger are probably better than some starters right now especially in Cleveland,Buffalo,NY Jets,etc. Both Tampa and Tennessee have drafted Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota for the future but chances are one or both teams may regret passing on what they already had. Mettenberger did quite well in limited action with Tennessee but in this case i felt like a competition might be good but Tennessee is forging ahead making Mariota starter from day one.
I think Mettenberger still has a future......