• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Truth About QB Competitions

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you dont reed too guud.

I'm sorry...what exactly did you mean by this:

"i wouldnt mind going from #1 drew, to brady, to jimmy...nice lineage."

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry...what exactly did you mean by this:

"i wouldnt mind going from #1 drew, to brady, to jimmy...nice lineage."
did you read the rest?

apparently not.

here, i'll help:

maybe, who knows?

jimmy has potential to be a very, very good QB. highest guy bills ever drafted for a QB...theres a reason.

i wouldnt mind going from #1 drew, to brady, to jimmy...nice lineage.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I commented on was the lineage gem. What does the rest have to do with it???
i cant believe i have to explain this to you. do you sell fruit off of exit ramps?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Money, You are trying to piss in peoples wheatties and getting frustrated because your shit is weak.
Maybe you should go practice in front of a mirror?

You and Rock are definitely each other's biggest fans. Two, very "special" peas in a pod.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant believe i have to explain this to you. do you sell fruit off of exit ramps?

You don't dude. There is no explanation. It was stupid thing to say on your part. Just own it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and Rock are definitely each other's biggest fans. Two, very "special" peas in a pod.

I don't know Rock. Can't say. I do know we are both enjoying watching you floundering around like a carp on the beach.....

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't dude. There is no explanation. It was stupid thing to say on your part. Just own it.
hes the highest drafted QB in the belichik era. how is it stupid to say "who knows? he has potential to be very good. i like the lineage of drew, then brady, then jimmy"

honest question...were you that kid who dropped his pants to his ankles to use a urinal?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes the highest drafted QB in the belichik era. how is it stupid to say "who knows? he has potential to be very good. i like the lineage of drew, then brady, then jimmy"

honest question...were you that kid who dropped his pants to his ankles to use a urinal?

I think he had to drop them to sit down.....

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Rock. Can't say. I do know we are both enjoying watching you floundering around like a carp on the beach.....

You don't say? So you are in agreement with Garoppolo being part of the great NE QB lineage?

BTW...do you think that maybe you are overestimating how clever your schtick on here is???

Jackass 1: "How difficult was 5th grade for you?"

Jackass 2: "I'm not sure Money made it to 5th grade"

I mean really? You're calling my shit weak? That's just plain embarrassing.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't say? So you are in agreement with Garoppolo being part of the great NE QB lineage?

BTW...do you think that maybe you are overestimating how clever your schtick on here is???

if i gave you an A for effort, would it help?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottomline...teams want a quicker ROI at the QB position, but the game has probably gotten harder for a QB over the last couple of decades...30-35 passes a game is just about the norm now.

This is one area where the rookie pay scale actually hurts teams trying to develop a QB, because they can afford to cut bait much quicker.

I still contend a young QB needs two full seasons starting to learn their OFC and one more to understand how teams are trying to defend them...45-50 starts.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i gave you an A for effort, would it help?

So back to my original point. You can make fun of other teams' QB situations all you want, but you might want to knock on wood. You've been very lucky as a fan to be able to root for one of the very best for so long. Your team will be entering the unknown sooner rather than later.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no successful teams that have QB competitions. They dedicate everything to the starter and they improve them as they go. When Brett Favre first retired, GB stood behind Aaron Rodgers and locked out a Hall of Famer to stand behind their choice. Belichik did the same thing when Bledsoe went down. You name a starter and you stick with them. If you bring in 47 people and divide the reps and let bad games take away from the guys reps he'll never improve, you'll shatter his confidence and he'll fall apart. It's just stupidity.

How can coaches at the NFL level not know this?

The Packers drafted Brian Brohm with a second round pick right after Rodgers became the starter. The coaches have short leashes in this league so their QBs do also.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm at least impressed that you recognize you should be embarrassed.....

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no successful teams that have QB competitions. They dedicate everything to the starter and they improve them as they go. When Brett Favre first retired, GB stood behind Aaron Rodgers and locked out a Hall of Famer to stand behind their choice. Belichik did the same thing when Bledsoe went down. You name a starter and you stick with them. If you bring in 47 people and divide the reps and let bad games take away from the guys reps he'll never improve, you'll shatter his confidence and he'll fall apart. It's just stupidity.

How can coaches at the NFL level not know this?
Urban Meyer would disagree with this...