• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seattle Seahawks have traded for Jamaal Adams

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why post in a thread if you don't care? Never understood why posters feel the need to let the rest of know they don't care, you think we care if you care?
You think he cares if we care if he cares

GIF by Achievement Hunter

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its almost like 95% of these kind of negotiations end up the same and there's not really a reason to pay attention to the noise prior. They all have to go through their dance before coming to grips
Smart move by Adams. I think he realized his leverage was over and Sea was taking a stand. If Sea paid him this year and tagged him twice he'd have rec'd a lot less money. I kind of wish Sea said sorry our top offer is now a million less just to screw him a little. Yes, I can say that because he isn't on my team so I don't care if he continues to be the same disgruntled baby he has been for a few years now :heh:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thrilled for all concerned.

proxy-image

No really!

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why post in a thread if you don't care? Never understood why posters feel the need to let the rest of know they don't care, you think we care if you care?

Sorry, I was a little irritated by how long this pissing contest has gone on. But you're right. I'll try to ignore it. Hopefully it's resolved now that his contract is.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had to lol at this.

Adams now calling himself a LB.

What is the Seattle FO doing?
They resigned a player who is never happy. Oft injured, a coverage liability. Pete and John must play fantasy and bank everything on sacks?

They should've let him fight the tag saying he's a LB. Seattle still would've saved money even if they lost, which they wouldn't have.

$1M a game for a SS? That would be he actually plays a full season, which we know isn't happening.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is a top 10 safety in this league, the problem is he thinks he’s top 3 and wanted to be paid like it. The Seahawks massively overpaid but they didn’t really have a choice.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t give a damn :)

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal Adams 15 sack season

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand strong safety and free safety are two completely different positions but they still have to be versatile. He is a liability in coverage, if you want a safety to get 15 sacks a season switch him to LB. Still a great player.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had to lol at this.

Adams now calling himself a LB.

What is the Seattle FO doing?
They resigned a player who is never happy. Oft injured, a coverage liability. Pete and John must play fantasy and bank everything on sacks?

They should've let him fight the tag saying he's a LB. Seattle still would've saved money even if they lost, which they wouldn't have.

$1M a game for a SS? That would be he actually plays a full season, which we know isn't happening.
Meh its a essentially a 2 year deal and it lowers the cap hit this year and lower then whatever the tag amount was going to be next year. They also have said they wont blitz him near as much this year

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand strong safety and free safety are two completely different positions but they still have to be versatile. He is a liability in coverage, if you want a safety to get 15 sacks a season switch him to LB. Still a great player.
I think a lot of the coverage breakdowns were due to learning the system the first year. I expect less rushing and more coverage this year

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh its a essentially a 2 year deal and it lowers the cap hit this year and lower then whatever the tag amount was going to be next year. They also have said they wont blitz him near as much this year
I think you missed the point multiple times here.

First no way in hell he would've won the battle with the NFL to get tagged as a LB. See how it worked for Jimmy Graham when he tried claiming he was a WR. He actually had a more legit claim. So just because Adams now wants to identify as a LB doesn't make him one.

So no way his tag hit would've been less if Seattle chose to entertain Jamal's wish.

He's not playing a full season. His missing games is increasing every year.

So they're not going to blitz him as much? What are they paying him top safety money for? He can't cover, that's not being new to the system. That's his career. He's not a ball hawk with only 2 picks.

So they're paying him top $ to be a run stopping tackler? Which he's very good at. Not to mention the bounty they gave up for him. Come on you can't defend the FO on this deal.
If I were a Hawks fan I would hope PC has him blitzing more. It's what he's good at.

Two years before we hear him complain that he wants a new deal? I doubt it. I think by camp next year, you hear his complaining again. It's the second best thing he's good at. If he doesn't blitz and his numbers drop he'll complain. If he blitzes and gets 9.5 or more sacks he'll complain he needs to get paid again.

Good luck with him.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if that's true he'll have more sacks than games played.

Are people aware that Vince Wilfork has more INTs than Adams?

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA no people are not aware as wolfork hasnt played in like 10 years

Adams is the best pass rushing DB the NFL has ever seen