• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: Seahawks @ Giants Monday Night

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Giants, just a total disaster.

Injuries have played a role... but I've never seen an Offensive Line unit play this badly.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh, he just lost 4 yards! Are you still up?

Hopefully you still won after his 2 yard loss there putting up at 79 yards instead of 81...

Michelle Tanner Wow GIF by Bubble Punk

Lost by .1.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for Seattle. Giants look brutally bad. Seattle dominated that game and probably could have easily won by a lot more.

Cant stand Geno still whining about the Simmons tackle after the game. Makes him look like such a little whiner. Legal tackle. Does he think he should be given flags? What a little pansy. Lost a lot of respect for the guy after this game with his unusual behavior for someone making a tackle on him (Doing his job) If you don't like it don't run with the football or slide. Don't be such a little baby. A coach or teammate needs to pull him aisde and tell him he is embarrassing himself with this one.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for Seattle. Giants look brutally bad. Seattle dominated that game and probably could have easily won by a lot more.

Cant stand Geno still whining about the Simmons tackle after the game. Makes him look like such a little whiner. Legal tackle. Does he think he should be given flags? What a little pansy. Lost a lot of respect for the guy after this game with his unusual behavior for someone making a tackle on him (Doing his job) If you don't like it don't run with the football or slide. Don't be such a little baby. A coach or teammate needs to pull him aisde and tell him he is embarrassing himself with this one.

Yeah, I agree. I don’t believe that was a dirty hit. There was no intent to injure him there in my opinion.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Giants, just a total disaster.

Injuries have played a role... but I've never seen an Offensive Line unit play this badly.
Yeah, the Seahawks have been without 3 of their 5 starters through the first few weeks of the season. We lost another one last night during the game so we only had 1 starter playing out of our original five in the second half. Props to our coaching staff for providing quality depth and coaching. That’s been a huge difference for the Seahawks offense, when dealing with all these injuries on the offense of line.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Seahawks have been without 3 of their 5 starters through the first few weeks of the season. We lost another one last night during the game so we only had 1 starter playing out of our original five in the second half. Props to our coaching staff for providing quality depth and coaching. That’s been a huge difference for the Seahawks offense, when dealing with all these injuries on the offense of line.
Totally... the Seahawks are dealing with their similar issues way better than the hapless Giants... no doubt.

Anthony Thomas was probably the one player the Giants could least afford to lose... and (of course) dude got injured in literally the first few minutes of the season.

:gaah:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a 7-3 game late in the 2nd quarter. It could also have gone the other way when Smith was hurt. Both teams were horribly limited by their O-Line injuries, but the Seahawks adjusted better.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants coaching staff and their general manager need to take a good long look at themselves after last night.

Not having multiple people on your roster that are somewhat functional players at OT/OG is not good. It doesnt take a lot of work to find big guys to at least get in the way just a little bit.

But the coaching staff not adjusting to what was happening and being able to scheme up some protection schemes that at least gave Jones a fighting chance was absolutely inexcusable.

I know Daboll was coach of the year last year. I know it is only his 2nd season. But after a performance like that if I were a Giant fan would really have me thinking if this is the coach we want moving forward. It was THAT ridiculous.

The only thing I have seen quite like that is back about 4 or 5 years ago when the Lions faced the Vikings and the Vikes D kept running the exact same blitz and it worked nearly everytime to the tune of 10 sacks. I said it then about Patricia (who was at the time in his first year) and I will say it now about Daboll: If a head coach cant see an issue like that and get his staff to make an adjustment mid game, then he really isnt a that good of an NFL head coach.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants coaching staff and their general manager need to take a good long look at themselves after last night.

Not having multiple people on your roster that are somewhat functional players at OT/OG is not good. It doesnt take a lot of work to find big guys to at least get in the way just a little bit.

But the coaching staff not adjusting to what was happening and being able to scheme up some protection schemes that at least gave Jones a fighting chance was absolutely inexcusable.

I know Daboll was coach of the year last year. I know it is only his 2nd season. But after a performance like that if I were a Giant fan would really have me thinking if this is the coach we want moving forward. It was THAT ridiculous.

The only thing I have seen quite like that is back about 4 or 5 years ago when the Lions faced the Vikings and the Vikes D kept running the exact same blitz and it worked nearly everytime to the tune of 10 sacks. I said it then about Patricia (who was at the time in his first year) and I will say it now about Daboll: If a head coach cant see an issue like that and get his staff to make an adjustment mid game, then he really isnt a that good of an NFL head coach.
It happens. It happened in Week 3 when the Rams LT went down. Instead of moving career LT Noteboom from his temporary RG spot back to LT the team put the #9 OL back-up in at LT, and then they moved all the protection to the right so the LT was on an island. They also abandoned the run. Stafford was lucky to survive. In Week 4 Noteboom was back at LT and the #9 was inactive. At least McVay didn't repeat the mistake.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t really care about legal/dirty hit stuff on this play because I didn’t think Simmons had any Ill intent or anything like that. But holy shit Geno has every right to be pissed about it. What’s he suppose to do? Be like you almost snapped my legs nice one!

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really care about legal/dirty hit stuff on this play because I didn’t think Simmons had any Ill intent or anything like that. But holy shit Geno has every right to be pissed about it. What’s he suppose to do? Be like you almost snapped my legs nice one!
He's supposed to bat the ball down for an incompletion rather than get hurt scrambling for a 3 yard loss.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's supposed to bat the ball down for an incompletion rather than get hurt scrambling for a 3 yard loss.
I’ve seen enough Russell Wilson attempted bat downs that lead to ints to think it’s that easy lmao.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with Geno showing some emotion and getting pissed but it wasn't really dirty, just being in a bad position and shit happens in the middle of a chippy game. I just don't like that he kept it in his head. Get pissed, say what you gotta say but then get your fucking head back in the game and play ball. The unsportsmanlike penalty was bullshit and completely unnecessary. Having said that, I'm okay with some emotion from Geno and not being a robot like Jones was.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 4 games, WOW does that Daniel Jones contract look like a mistake. Of course, most of us thought it was a mistake when it happened.

I still don't. Is he the answer for the future? No. But they are really only tied to him for this year and next and were trying for continuity coming off a rebound season. The OL and WR corps are a mess.