• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Oklahoma clownstomping of Bama

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the time difference between Tuscaloosa and Florida prohibit Florida players from coming to Bama? 1 hr is OK, but 2 hrs is a none starter. Interesting.

Coda,

You know better than to use logic in an argument with a bammer it excites them and makes them angry. Just tell him he is right and give him a cookie.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning by 50 is just being a poor sport and pointless but running a missed FG back with one second that is talent.

Auburn-Alabama: Inside the Greatest Play of All - WSJ.com

Before the Auburn coaches called the timeout to make their substitutions, they had stacked 10 players on the line, a normal kick-block formation. When they scrapped that plan, they dialed up another, game-changing look. Smith, the original returner, stood five yards from the line of scrimmage. Another defender paced five yards behind him. The field-goal blocker on the right edge barely charged forward when the ball was snapped. Davis waited in the end zone.

Auburn wasn't trying for a field-goal block. It had set up for a modified punt return.

You know, the every "Alabama" fan is arrogant and thinks they are better type stuff :blah: You can even see some of this truth in posts now. The majority of people are saying how humble Alabama fans are being in this loss.

It's when they win that the fans are most annoying. When they lose things are dangerous. It wasn't even that bad of a loss - basically by 7 with the chance for last minute tying drive? Pretty close if you ask me.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that case fire the damn fool! As an alumni donor for your University, he works for you, not you for him.

Ummm, unless your dropping millions as a donor, you're not going to be noticed at all, and this is coming from a member of the Longhorn Foundation who donates every year to my alma mater, but I donate the minimum, so believe me, they don't give a shit what I think.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Texas is a lot worse...yeah I know they are. Beat them by 50 points and they still brag about a 16 game edge over 110 games.

Is 36-20 recent enough for you?

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coda,

You know better than to use logic in an argument with a bammer it excites them and makes them angry. Just tell him he is right and give him a cookie.

Turkey maybe you are right, that Florida/Alabama trip is so demanding on the womens volleyball team vs Texas attending WASHINGTON meet in the same sport. Logistically I guess it would cost the same don't you think? Can I please have my cookie now. I like oatmeal raisin.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, unless your dropping millions as a donor, you're not going to be noticed at all, and this is coming from a member of the Longhorn Foundation who donates every year to my alma mater, but I donate the minimum, so believe me, they don't give a shit what I think.

Doesn't that make you feel inadequate?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could go for a mess of oatmeal raisin cookies

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost happened, but the PAC wasn't going to accept UT with the longhorn network deal. PAC is a revenue sharing conf.

Plus the schools like Cal and Furd would never agree to a PAC16 that included schools like ok st and Texas tech.

I happy the two conf remain intact. Better in the long run for college sports.

The Big 12 is a revenue sharing conference, too, as each member will receive $20M each this year. No school in the country shares their 3rd tier revenue with conference members. Why would Texas agree to be the only school in the country to share their 3rd tier revenue? Even UDUB doesn't do that......

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geographic footprint.. Try again Einstein.

This is you quote genius:

Don't forget the Pacific time zone games scheduled as well Texas and Oklahoma. Im sure the top high schools in an central time zone recruiting area like, lets say Dallas or Houston or even St. Louis would love to stay up after 2.am to watch their beloved longhorns or sooners while ATM plays primetime 3pm in the afternoon. Oh I forgot... tape delay!!

That is strictly about time zones. Clearly you are are forgetting the SEC spans 2 also.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turkey maybe you are right, that Florida/Alabama trip is so demanding on the womens volleyball team vs Texas attending WASHINGTON meet in the same sport. Logistically I guess it would cost the same don't you think? Can I please have my cookie now. I like oatmeal raisin.

Big 12 is already pretty spread out with the addition of WV and if they expand again you have to think Florida is a key market target so the logistics in the future are not going to be much better. You have to think forward when evaluating the situation.

Texas and OU to the Pac (one would have to make the assumption that OSU and Texas Tech would come also) would be a blockbuster deal that would kill the Big 12 and put the PAC with some major fire power and more than likely new network deals to rival the SEC.

However you are correct in that the LHN is a stepping stone that is not worth the 15 million because the deal is practically undoable with it in place. My guess is the arrogance of Texas will not allow them to negotiate out of it and put the greater good of a super conference above their own needs and that is there Achilles heel.

College football would probably be better as a whole today if the PAC had just taken Texas and friends, the Big 12 folded and we only have 4 major conferences to deal with. The playoffs would be a piece of cake to organize at that point.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sheesh guise, fix your quote boxes...

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck recruiting against ATM and Sumlin while you are out west. Oh and don't forget that UCLA and USC. Oregon will ALWAYS grab their geographic talent before some teams across the country will ever get the pickings. Just a lil common sense to implement there.

Does the name Ricky Williams ring a bell?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Really? Which is easier getting a flight from Austin to Seattle or Tuscaloosa to Gainesville? Austin to LA? Austin to Portland? Tempe? You are aware that people use planes these days:10:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but if you are in a different timezone, its gonna take its affect on your recruiting esp. when you have ATM in your backyard, and they decide to continue playing in your BACKYARD while you are playing in Washington! Who cares how much money Texas have, with that move in ten years the pot will diminish trust me. Some strange reason you are not comprehending this idea. That's okay though.

I think you are taking this way out of context. How is this any different when Aggy has to travel to SCAR or Gainesville? Those are different timezones as well. Texas will always get good recruiting classes, even they played in Alaska every year. There is plenty of awesome Texas recruits to go around for everybody.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Really? Which is easier getting a flight from Austin to Seattle or Tuscaloosa to Gainesville? Austin to LA? Austin to Portland? Tempe? You are aware that people use planes these days?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Really? Which is easier getting a flight from Austin to Seattle or Tuscaloosa to Gainesville? Austin to LA? Austin to Portland? Tempe? You are aware that people use planes these days?

Really, I saw the Bama horses and wagons pulling out last night for the school after the loss. Good to know about the planes, will have to look into that soon.:lol:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't that make you feel inadequate?

Not at all. You really think our AD is going to listen to me and my donation at the minimum level, or are they going to listen to Michael Dell, Joe Jamail, Tom Hicks, Red McCombs, you know, the billionaire alumni who donate millions. This is common sense.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. You really think our AD is going to listen to me and my donation at the minimum level, or are they going to listen to Michael Dell, Joe Jamail, Tom Hicks, Red McCombs, you know, the billionaire alumni who donate millions. This is common sense.

If that's okay with you, it's okay with me. In fact I could care less if he takes your donations abd laugh in your face while doing it. Just asking a question.