• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Oklahoma clownstomping of Bama

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Really? Which is easier getting a flight from Austin to Seattle or Tuscaloosa to Gainesville? Austin to LA? Austin to Portland? Tempe? You are aware that people use planes these days?

Tuscaloosa to Gainesville would be a lot less cheaper than Austin to L.A. (and not overlapping two time zones) In fact I am aware of plane transportation, I am also aware of the price of traveling THAT WAS my point. Why spend so much on traveling when in fact joining a conference that will increase cost and decrease viewership be worth it? For some strange reason you are inept to understand my point of view. Your sports other than football and basketball will have a huge financial strain, I can understand if the cost outweigh the benefit, but IN MY OPINION I don't see how it will unless you are competent enough to explain why I am wrong for thinking that? :noidea:

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are taking this way out of context. How is this any different when Aggy has to travel to SCAR or Gainesville? Those are different timezones as well. Texas will always get good recruiting classes, even they played in Alaska every year. There is plenty of awesome Texas recruits to go around for everybody.

Yeah I agree but guess what? Does Alaska have a crazy base following college football? Does South Carolina? Look at the BIG Minnesota is in the same conference as Penn State! does it work out for the BIG? Cant see people from California, Oregon, Washington and Utah bringing in the dough because of Texas and Oklahoma. I can however see states like Florida, NORTH/SOUTH Carolina and Georgia spend extra cash to witness these matchups. Very simple concept, not sure why you cant understand that. Maybe I am wrong, just show me why I am wrong Sir/Ma'am.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas isn't afraid of the SEC. We own that conference. If you combine our ownage of Aggy and MIZZOU, then we really own the SEC like no other program. Hell, Bama finally got their first win against their Daddy from Austin back in '09 (1-7-1 now). Anyway, Texas couldn't join the SEC b/c they never received an invite, but I'm sure you knew that right?

If Aggy and MIZZOU moved back, the Big 12 is stronger than the SEC.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you fuckers broke the quote box?

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Aggy and MIZZOU moved back, the Big 12 is stronger than the SEC.

I agree they would be a stronger conference. I just don't see them rejoining a conference that almost crumbled a few years ago, and a certain program that shunned them for leaving.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY!!

KansasSooner,

Could you imagine an annual display of Alabama vs Oklahoma on CBS? How about a Texas Longhorn vs. Florida Gator annually (albeit a strong Florida team) Two charter members of the best recruiting grounds in the country!. If academics was important why is Vandy still in town?? Just thought it was a lame excuse used by both institution to keep from joining the conference. We could still even have Texas vs ATM as a SEC/CBS game of year! or Texas vs Arkansas could be reawaken, but I guess fear makes a man do stupid things..

What with the backhanded swipe at UF? How about worrying if Texas is strong enough?

Over the past 30 seasons, UF has ended the season with a better W/L record than Texas has 19 times, ended with the same record 1 time and ended with a worse record than Texas 10 times. Not only that but UF did so playing a tougher schedule! Over the past 30 seasons, UF has played more AP top 10 teams than UT did 21 times, played the same number of top 10 teams 5 times and played fewer top 10 teams only 4 times. In addition, UF has played more AP ranked teams than UT did 20 times, played the same number of ranked teams 6 times and played fewer ranked teams only 4 times.

Over the past 30 years, UF played more AP top 10 teams (81 to 49, that's 32 more or more than 1 per year over UT), more AP ranked teams (154 to 112, that's 2 more than UT), more teams that had D1A winning records (221 to 210), more bowl teams (215 to 194), and UF's opponents had better W/L records (0.626 to 0.572).

How about if we look at the past 51 seasons (1963-2013, going back to DKR's 1st NC)?

Over the past 51 seasons, UF has ended the season with a better W/L record than Texas has 23 times, ended with the same record 3 time and ended with a worse record than Texas 25 times. Pretty close but UT has a slight edge. However, UF did so playing a tougher schedule, again! Over the past 51 seasons, UF has played more AP top 10 teams than UT did 26 times, played the same number of top 10 teams 14 times and played fewer top 10 teams only 11 times. In addition, UF has played more AP ranked teams than UT did 28 times, played the same number of ranked teams 12 times and played fewer ranked teams only 11 times.

UF played more AP top 10 teams (119 to 91), more AP ranked teams (220 to 178), more teams that had D1A winning records (350 to 328), more bowl teams (306 to 273), and UF's opponents had better W/L records (0.608 to 0.567).

BubbaGump

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be nice and all that he has done a job he is expected to do, but to not envision the idea of being tied to a championship winning conference and expanding the Oklahoma footprint throughout the south and south atlantic, and quite possibly the U.S and internationally, is short sighted and inexcusable for a person whose job is to be a visionary. I guess you Oklahoma alum are not getting the bang for your donation bucks afterall. With your program and Texas in hand, I could see us easily breaking the back of the ACC by POSSIBLY bringing in FSU, Clemson, Duke, NC, Virginia and GT and putting a stronghold on amateur college athletics which the likes of anyone have ever seen or even dreamed of. But I guess much of our U.S population does not have visionaries anymore.

Say goodbye to college football if this ever happens. We need to just get rid of the ncaa and start over imho!

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say goodbye to college football if this ever happens. We need to just get rid of the ncaa and start over imho!

BubbaGump,

College Football is a multibillion dollar business. This isn't your daddy's old Oklahoma football team and his BIG 8 conf. anymore. College football that we grew up enjoying 15 to 20 years ago is gradually changing into a money market. The NCAA is like a ganster mob, its gonna be very difficult to cut ties with them being that they make so much money. I think it will happen, especially if Texas decides to go independent or if the BIG decides that they now want Notre Dame and Mizzou. It could def. happen.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BubbaGump,

College Football is a multibillion dollar business. This isn't your daddy's old Oklahoma football team and his BIG 8 conf. anymore. College football that we grew up enjoying 15 to 20 years ago is gradually changing into a money market. The NCAA is like a ganster mob, its gonna be very difficult to cut ties with them being that they make so much money. I think it will happen, especially if Texas decides to go independent or if the BIG decides that they now want Notre Dame and Mizzou. It could def. happen.

I agree and if you want proof it is the NCAA willingness to work with the major conferences on the playoff and paying players. The truth is the NCAA is basically 100% funded by the NCAA basketball tournament revenues and if the major conference pull out and form their own tournament then the NCAA is done they literally can't fund themselves.

Truth is there is a lot of money on the table that can be grabbed by the major conferences and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did pull out within the next 10 years. So far the cash needs has been funded by the network deals and that will continue for a while (note one night of Monday Night football cost ESPN more than then the entire current CBS deal for the SEC) but one day it will top out. When that happens conferences/teams are going to be looking for new revenue sources and that will be the end of the NCAA.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where the fuck did this thread go?

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What with the backhanded swipe at UF? How about worrying if Texas is strong enough?

Over the past 30 seasons, UF has ended the season with a better W/L record than Texas has 19 times, ended with the same record 1 time and ended with a worse record than Texas 10 times. Not only that but UF did so playing a tougher schedule! Over the past 30 seasons, UF has played more AP top 10 teams than UT did 21 times, played the same number of top 10 teams 5 times and played fewer top 10 teams only 4 times. In addition, UF has played more AP ranked teams than UT did 20 times, played the same number of ranked teams 6 times and played fewer ranked teams only 4 times.

Over the past 30 years, UF played more AP top 10 teams (81 to 49, that's 32 more or more than 1 per year over UT), more AP ranked teams (154 to 112, that's 2 more than UT), more teams that had D1A winning records (221 to 210), more bowl teams (215 to 194), and UF's opponents had better W/L records (0.626 to 0.572).

How about if we look at the past 51 seasons (1963-2013, going back to DKR's 1st NC)?

Over the past 51 seasons, UF has ended the season with a better W/L record than Texas has 23 times, ended with the same record 3 time and ended with a worse record than Texas 25 times. Pretty close but UT has a slight edge. However, UF did so playing a tougher schedule, again! Over the past 51 seasons, UF has played more AP top 10 teams than UT did 26 times, played the same number of top 10 teams 14 times and played fewer top 10 teams only 11 times. In addition, UF has played more AP ranked teams than UT did 28 times, played the same number of ranked teams 12 times and played fewer ranked teams only 11 times.

UF played more AP top 10 teams (119 to 91), more AP ranked teams (220 to 178), more teams that had D1A winning records (350 to 328), more bowl teams (306 to 273), and UF's opponents had better W/L records (0.608 to 0.567).

Oklahoma is NOT going to even think about anything that would involve not playing Texas every year.

Conference or non-conference, it's the game people in both states look forward to most.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and this just in "TIDE ROLLED" by the Big 12 and Oklahoma. Any more questions?

tembrach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never wanted him hired to start with, have to give him credit for expanding the university though. A lot of what he has done has been good for OU.

still, persuading folks to go to school in Oklahoma is a stretch. My niece considered it, but then realized that between the absence of gun control, the incessant tornados, and the earthquakes, it is a bit too post-apolcolpyic for her tastes. She decided that Massachusetts was more matching of her tastes.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still, persuading folks to go to school in Oklahoma is a stretch. My niece considered it, but then realized that between the absence of gun control, the incessant tornados, and the earthquakes, it is a bit too post-apolcolpyic for her tastes. She decided that Massachusetts was more matching of her tastes.

Aw shit...and I baked that fat little bitch a tasty cake and everything...

Oh well.:noidea:

Maybe if we bathed more often we wouldn't be so repulsive.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw shit...and I baked that fat little bitch a tasty cake and everything...

Oh well.:noidea:

Maybe if we bathed more often we wouldn't be so repulsive.

I thought maybe one of you offered to show her your gun and she took it the wrong way.

Its probably bvest that she went to where they have gun control, i mean we all know those places are much safer than where people have carry conceal licenses anyway. Chicago is a model society and they have some of the strictest gun control laws in the country.:whistle: