• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The definition of "fame"

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've cooled off of my original hot take in creating this thread. Gonna be honest, I didn't realize the NFL typically capped the nominations each year from 4 to 8 players. (There is no limit per the actual rules but it seems they do this for a variety of fair reasons.) If that is the case, and most certainly the other 8 chosen were worthy, then I understand more of....oh yeah-get ready for some PTDS-"the why."

If the reasoning was just because "We don't let special teamers in on the first go" well then f*ck that. That's the dumbest sh*t ever. Hester will get in. They maxed their upper limit this season and that is that. Had they only allowed 7 and Hester was still out we'd be burning this mother f*cker down.
I think it is more that getting in first ballot is a rarity, in itself. I think people are underestimating that factor in a pretty drastic way.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him missing out has created enough talk that I have to think he gets in next year. Different circumstances, but it reminds of the aftermath of TO not getting in first ballot.

Well there has not been a special teamer Im aware of that made it in their first year of eligibility,so its not a surprise to me he didnt make it.....

I just wonder who else never made it or the players who retired in the 2015 class that he goes up against........>too lazy too look it up right now< lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there has not been a special teamer Im aware of that made it in their first year of eligibility,so its not a surprise to me he didnt make it.....

I just wonder who else never made it or the players who retired in the 2015 class that he goes up against........>too lazy too look it up right now< lol

Nobody made it 1st ballot this year. All of those guys had been trying to get in for a little bit. Most of them for 10+ years. I think Seymour was the only one who didn't wait for a decade plus. Getting in on his 5th year of eligibility.