• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Curious Case of The "2000" Washington Redskins

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When KC wins a super bowl, or has half the fourth quarter comebacks that Stafford has, or wins a few games in the playoffs get back to me.

They’re not comparable.
Not a first round HOF qb

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't do anything in the playoffs till 2021. He did a little more than ride back seat or even shotygun. 6th rated QB in the NFL ;last year, 2nd most TD passes, 3rd best ypa, He did lead the league in INTs with 17 and he thewre was a stretch whewre it seemed like he threw pick 6s like 5 weeks in a row, but he got that corrected.

He significantly outplayed Tom Brady on the road in the playoffs and even with that. Brady led a Bucs to tie up the game and the Bucs had all the mo. Did Stafford fold? Nope, With only 42 seconds left in the game he drove the Rams downfield for an easy 30 yd fg and a win.lead

He led the Rams to a win against the 9ers the following week, A team the Rams haven't beat in at least the last 3 seasons. With the Rams down 17-7 to start the 4th quarter.

He was ther best QB in every post season game the Rams played last year coming up money in every critical situation the Rams faced last season and had he fucked up or came up short 1 time in those critical situations. Itr's highly doubtful the Rams arer SB champs. T\hey lost their starting before the Super Bowll and OBJ in the first half n don 't get twisted Beckham was ballin in the playoffs that was a significant loss.

He n Cooper Kupp formed the most lethal QB/WR combo in the history of ther league for a single season. And even with the NFL being a pass happy league now. It was still impressive as hell.

You need to put the hatetrade down as it concerns Stafford. I don't think last season makes him a lock for the hall of fame. Hell, if he retired today he shouldn't get in period, but......in just 1 season with a good to very good team. He has as many Super Bowl rings as Aaron Rodgers (a shoo in first ballot HOFer) n Russell Wilson (another for sure HOFer n a 1st ballot shoo-in possibly right now) n Patrick Mahomes the current next annointed QB messiah. All 3 of whom having played on multiple good to very good teams in their careers.

IMO, that's a pretty significant feather in Stafford's cap. As is his 4th qt comeback wins cuz that says to me, perhaps incorrectly, but still
it says to me. If Stafford has the opportunity to win a game in the closing minutes/seconds of the 4th qt. He's as good or better than any QB in the league.

Hmmm?
"He didn't do anything in the playoffs til 2021"

"I don't think one season makes him a lock for the hall of fame, hell if he retired today he shouldn't get in period"

Sooo, how am I a hater, if you're saying the same thing i did. The teeth of your rebuttal are from the 2021 season.
He's a stat boy before 2021, i said he's very good at best. This is a totally different convo if the rams lost the superbowl

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck!!!!!! This is the worst hot take I've ever seen. Stafford has a quick release and loves to take chances. Kirk Cousins is the exact opposite, he has a very slow release and is very hesitant to throw into double coverage. There are pros and cons to both styles but to say they are the same is flat out ignorant.

Who cares about throwing tendencies?
A poster said Stafford and Cousins weren't in the same tier, and i disagree.
They both did great regular season numbers but absolutely nothing in the playoffs.(2021 aside)

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm?
"He didn't do anything in the playoffs til 2021"

"I don't think one season makes him a lock for the hall of fame, hell if he retired today he shouldn't get in period"

Sooo, how am I a hater, if you're saying the same thing i did. The teeth of your rebuttal are from the 2021 season.
He's a stat boy before 2021, i said he's very good at best. This is a totally different convo if the rams lost the superbowl
If you're not a hater than you're a, well, lets just say, not sharpest knife in the drawer as it relates to football. Because that Stafford was in the backseat on the Rams Super Bowl run, wasn't much better than Trent Dilfer, if Cuz was playing in his Stafford's place he would've won the Super Bowl n looked a lot better than Stafford doing it. Is the most ass backwards nonsensical bullshit I've seen on the net in quite a while.

I didn't say anything remotely close to the what you did, Stafford didn't do much in the playoffs before 2021 because he was the Lions QB and the Lions weren;t very good team. Even when they made it to the playoffs in 3 of Stafford's seasons with the Lions. They were more the 2016 or 2012 Redskins, playoff cannon fodder. I did say his stats were inflated and I still do. But that had to do with the Lions playing from behind so much. But if Stafford's nothing more than a stat boy as you say. Then Calvin Johnson is more stat boy than generational talent as you claimed. Seeing as CJ was by far the biggest benefactor of Stafford's passing. Including a couple seasons where he had double the targets of any other player on the Lions.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're not a hater than you're a, well, lets just say, not sharpest knife in the drawer as it relates to football. Because that Stafford was in the backseat on the Rams Super Bowl run, wasn't much better than Trent Dilfer, if Cuz was playing in his Stafford's place he would've won the Super Bowl n looked a lot better than Stafford doing it. Is the most ass backwards nonsensical bullshit I've seen on the net in quite a while.

I didn't say anything remotely close to the what you did, Stafford didn't do much in the playoffs before 2021 because he was the Lions QB and the Lions weren;t very good team. Even when they made it to the playoffs in 3 of Stafford's seasons with the Lions. They were more the 2016 or 2012 Redskins, playoff cannon fodder. I did say his stats were inflated and I still do. But that had to do with the Lions playing from behind so much. But if Stafford's nothing more than a stat boy as you say. Then Calvin Johnson is more stat boy than generational talent as you claimed. Seeing as CJ was by far the biggest benefactor of Stafford's passing. Including a couple seasons where he had double the targets of any other player on the Lions.

Ay bro....it's not that serious though.