• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Curious Case of The "2000" Washington Redskins

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough for me to agree Stafford and Cousins aren't in the same tier. Stafford is a huge numbers guy but didn't do jack even with a generational talent at WR.
Cousins is a very similar case.
I believe Cousins not only would've won the superbowl but would've looked much better than Stafford getting there. Stafford got exposed, for being what he's always been. A great player who can't win unless a defense carries him.
I can't really tell the difference between them.

Wwhhhhhaaaaaaaatttt???!!?!?!

The Bengals dropped eight into coverage and dared the running game - which was bad for three straight games - to beat them.

Additionally, OBJ went out in the first half, and the Rams were down to their third string te.

Stafford literally willed the win into existence. He threw to Kupp and got a few plays from the te.

That no-look pass was fucking sick. SICK!

Stafford is a first ballot hall of famer.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure a guy who is sub 500 in his career is a first ballot HOF . I don’t see Stafford as being one of the top qbs of his era

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is probably in that same territory as Eli. Pretty damned good but maybe not HOF good.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with @skinsdad62 . Stafford might get into the HOF, but he's nowhere close to a first-ballot guy.

Agree to disagree.

Stafford is currently 12th all time in yards and td passes, and won a super bowl.

He’ll be top ten before he retires.

First ballot hall of famer.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure a guy who is sub 500 in his career is a first ballot HOF . I don’t see Stafford as being one of the top qbs of his era
Neither do I.
When there's talk of QB's he and Kirk rightfully belong in a particular grouping, I just don't see them as equal even as middle-of-the-pack type guys.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not have a problem if Stafford entered the HOF. I don't fall on either side of the fence. Actually I am glad to see him get some credit because he was a good QB on a bad team for a long time and got ragged on for that.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is probably in that same territory as Eli. Pretty damned good but maybe not HOF good.
Eli with his lookin like the Great Gazoo from the Flintstones with his big helmet wearin ass is gonna get in. Maybe 1st ballot. All cuz they beat the Pat's twice.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford's stats are inflated due to playing from behind so much n having a shitty def n run game every year with the Lions. He only had one viable option in Calvin Johnson with the Lions. He's got a lot of 4th qt comebacks though.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course now Stafford has to get credit, he rode shotgun, i mean backseat to a superbowl, Not much better than Trent Dilfer. I honestly don't remember what Stafford did in the postseason until 2021.
Stafford still has a cannon arm but cmon man....before this year he was very good at best

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course now Stafford has to get credit, he rode shotgun, i mean backseat to a superbowl, Not much better than Trent Dilfer. I honestly don't remember what Stafford did in the postseason until 2021.
Stafford still has a cannon arm but cmon man....before this year he was very good at best
It’s all about who you like , every debate against KC can also be applied to Stafford

However one padded stats while the other didn’t

The truth is stafford got on a good team and he showed what he could do with talent
KC hasnt sniffed that kind of talent on a team

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't do anything in the playoffs till 2021. He did a little more than ride back seat or even shotygun. 6th rated QB in the NFL ;last year, 2nd most TD passes, 3rd best ypa, He did lead the league in INTs with 17 and he thewre was a stretch whewre it seemed like he threw pick 6s like 5 weeks in a row, but he got that corrected.

He significantly outplayed Tom Brady on the road in the playoffs and even with that. Brady led a Bucs to tie up the game and the Bucs had all the mo. Did Stafford fold? Nope, With only 42 seconds left in the game he drove the Rams downfield for an easy 30 yd fg and a win.lead

He led the Rams to a win against the 9ers the following week, A team the Rams haven't beat in at least the last 3 seasons. With the Rams down 17-7 to start the 4th quarter.

He was ther best QB in every post season game the Rams played last year coming up money in every critical situation the Rams faced last season and had he fucked up or came up short 1 time in those critical situations. Itr's highly doubtful the Rams arer SB champs. T\hey lost their starting before the Super Bowll and OBJ in the first half n don 't get twisted Beckham was ballin in the playoffs that was a significant loss.

He n Cooper Kupp formed the most lethal QB/WR combo in the history of ther league for a single season. And even with the NFL being a pass happy league now. It was still impressive as hell.

You need to put the hatetrade down as it concerns Stafford. I don't think last season makes him a lock for the hall of fame. Hell, if he retired today he shouldn't get in period, but......in just 1 season with a good to very good team. He has as many Super Bowl rings as Aaron Rodgers (a shoo in first ballot HOFer) n Russell Wilson (another for sure HOFer n a 1st ballot shoo-in possibly right now) n Patrick Mahomes the current next annointed QB messiah. All 3 of whom having played on multiple good to very good teams in their careers.

IMO, that's a pretty significant feather in Stafford's cap. As is his 4th qt comeback wins cuz that says to me, perhaps incorrectly, but still
it says to me. If Stafford has the opportunity to win a game in the closing minutes/seconds of the 4th qt. He's as good or better than any QB in the league.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't do anything in the playoffs till 2021. He did a little more than ride back seat or even shotygun. 6th rated QB in the NFL ;last year, 2nd most TD passes, 3rd best ypa, He did lead the league in INTs with 17 and he thewre was a stretch whewre it seemed like he threw pick 6s like 5 weeks in a row, but he got that corrected.

He significantly outplayed Tom Brady on the road in the playoffs and even with that. Brady led a Bucs to tie up the game and the Bucs had all the mo. Did Stafford fold? Nope, With only 42 seconds left in the game he drove the Rams downfield for an easy 30 yd fg and a win.lead

He led the Rams to a win against the 9ers the following week, A team the Rams haven't beat in at least the last 3 seasons. With the Rams down 17-7 to start the 4th quarter.

He was ther best QB in every post season game the Rams played last year coming up money in every critical situation the Rams faced last season and had he fucked up or came up short 1 time in those critical situations. Itr's highly doubtful the Rams arer SB champs. T\hey lost their starting before the Super Bowll and OBJ in the first half n don 't get twisted Beckham was ballin in the playoffs that was a significant loss.

He n Cooper Kupp formed the most lethal QB/WR combo in the history of ther league for a single season. And even with the NFL being a pass happy league now. It was still impressive as hell.

You need to put the hatetrade down as it concerns Stafford. I don't think last season makes him a lock for the hall of fame. Hell, if he retired today he shouldn't get in period, but......in just 1 season with a good to very good team. He has as many Super Bowl rings as Aaron Rodgers (a shoo in first ballot HOFer) n Russell Wilson (another for sure HOFer n a 1st ballot shoo-in possibly right now) n Patrick Mahomes the current next annointed QB messiah. All 3 of whom having played on multiple good to very good teams in their careers.

IMO, that's a pretty significant feather in Stafford's cap. As is his 4th qt comeback wins cuz that says to me, perhaps incorrectly, but still
it says to me. If Stafford has the opportunity to win a game in the closing minutes/seconds of the 4th qt. He's as good or better than any QB in the league.
I don’t think you can look at Matt Stafford and say he was a dominate qb of his era . I think you could say he was anywhere between 7 -12 ranked qb during the entirety of his era and I dont think that warrants first ballot HOF

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s all about who you like , every debate against KC can also be applied to Stafford

However one padded stats while the other didn’t

The truth is stafford got on a good team and he showed what he could do with talent
KC hasnt sniffed that kind of talent on a team
Stafford didn't pad his stats.

And can we cease n desist with the Kirk has never played with talent bullshit. They don't have the defense the Rams do.....who does? But Minn's skilled offensive players can stack up favorably or at the very least nicely far as any others in the league.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford didn't pad his stats.

And can we cease n desist with the Kirk has never played with talent bullshit. They don't have the defense the Rams do.....who does? But Minn's skilled offensive players can stack up favorably or at the very least nicely far as any others in the league.
The Vikings were A13-3 fluke that got exposed by the eagles with a backup qb
The next year they came down to earth
No stafford didn’t pad his stats nor did KC

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When KC wins a super bowl, or has half the fourth quarter comebacks that Stafford has, or wins a few games in the playoffs get back to me.

They’re not comparable.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Johnson is the prior history to KC . We had the guy but he wasn’t sexy enough
Kirk Cousins is what Kirk Cousins is. He holds the ball too long, is fumble prone, has zero mobility in the pocket and can't adjust to the blitz. He also has a godlike arm and when given time to complete his insanely long release, has amazing accuracy. He will never be a champion because of his glaring faults, but he will always put up stats because of his obvious gifts. Blitz him and he is useless, put a good pass rush on him and he is useless. He will carve up bad defenses like a thanksgiving dinner though.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough for me to agree Stafford and Cousins aren't in the same tier. Stafford is a huge numbers guy but didn't do jack even with a generational talent at WR.
Cousins is a very similar case.
I believe Cousins not only would've won the superbowl but would've looked much better than Stafford getting there. Stafford got exposed, for being what he's always been. A great player who can't win unless a defense carries him.
I can't really tell the difference between them.
Holy fuck!!!!!! This is the worst hot take I've ever seen. Stafford has a quick release and loves to take chances. Kirk Cousins is the exact opposite, he has a very slow release and is very hesitant to throw into double coverage. There are pros and cons to both styles but to say they are the same is flat out ignorant.