• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Superbowl Chili

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a long drive yesterday, I was listening to NPR When a bunch of College grad girls began to Report ( talk) about the Superbowl.
They started with special recipes. While talking about recipes, these girls (speaking in their native "uptalk" and "vocal fry") talked their usual -
Only watching the Superbowl for the commercials and their special recipes.

I listened in horror as they described in detail the Cinncinati Skyline Chili. Unimaginable!
I will be making chili for Superbowl, along with usual fare. The Chili will be my award winning Southwestern style chili.
I won't break out my ribbon for my recipe, we'll just cook it and eat it.
My wife will put Fritos and grated cheddar in hers. That is acceptable.
My Mother in law is "pre-fritos" generation and she will put saltine crackers in it. That is pushing it!
But we won't go "full on fag" and put the Chili on Spaghetti! That is akin to Hamburger Helper.
Nothing against the Cincinnati Bengals or fans who are rooting for one of the 2 teams still standing but they better not be talking about there food and comparing it to Los Angeles.
If you think Ohio food can come close to what they are eating in LA today, you are probably one of those girls.

Skyline Chili reminds me of the 80's When 49ers were a shoo in for the Superbowl and the Raiders were headed for the playoffs.
These 2 Bay Area teams might be in the Superbowl.
Cities in The Bay area were concerned about what would happen if everybody in the Bay were to run to the bathroom at halftime!
There would be a wall of sewage would hit Milpitas like never seen before!
Turns out People did not all run to the bathroom. They all staid to watch the F'ing commercials!
Skyline Chili could reverse that luck. I see all the Skyline Chili eaters having diarrhea by halftime. Enjoy your Skyline Chili!

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn.... I must be a "full on fag" or maybe "bi" because Skyline Chili doesn't sound/look half bad. Maybe I will fix some right after a finish giving this B.J.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn.... I must be a "full on fag" or maybe "bi" because Skyline Chili doesn't sound/look half bad. Maybe I will fix some right after a finish giving this B.J.
I had the skyline chili while in Hebron, Ky., right across the river from Cincy...it was Horrible with a capital H,

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the skyline chili while in Hebron, Ky., right across the river from Cincy...it was Horrible with a capital H,
I like real Chili.
Don't need to try chili with spaghetti or horesedick or any other weird shit in it to know I don't want it.
My mother in law is very old - and very Southern. She can eat a "bread salad" or a peanut butter and pickles sandwich.
I don't need to try it. I'm very adventurous but I can't see eating shit unless you are from Philly!

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is eating chili co-opting Mexican culture because there are so few Mexican-Americans playing in the NFL. Do we need a Gooney Rule (like the Rooney Rule only even more appropriately named) to get more Hispanic coaches, and Mariachi bands at halftime?

I used to make a huge pot of chili when football was still fun, not political and full of prima-donnas, and host a conference playoff party every year. Lots of beer, lots of snacks, and nobody gave a shit about the commercials. Sometimes I'd carry a yellow penalty flag and throw it if anyone talked politics. It was a beef and bean chili.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Mother in law is "pre-fritos" generation and she will put saltine crackers in it. That is pushing it!

I put crackers in mine, gets rid of any "broth" and makes it thicker.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all Rams fans and players should be awarded a big bowl of skyline chili before rhe game. That’ll teach ‘em.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chili is one of my favorite things because its kinda idiot-proof as long as the person is actually tasting the chili or has a recipe.

Spaghetti is probably my least favorite pasta. Never going to ruin my chili that way.

The wife likes making sliders for the Super Bowl. I'm not one to get in the way of that ritual

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GF is going to make chili today. We actually have several meals of beef leftovers that could stand some simmering. I don't care about the game this year, and she has hated all things football ever since the NFL went from apolitical to Goofy Left. She also hates Amazon for their political views, and wont watch things like Yellowstone because they're too violent. With all the "woke" shit on the Hallmark Channel, we're seriously running out of stuff to watch.

She's a good cook. I'm looking forward to it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Death, taxes, and the Hoop roasting Skyline Chili

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GF is going to make chili today. We actually have several meals of beef leftovers that could stand some simmering. I don't care about the game this year, and she has hated all things football ever since the NFL went from apolitical to Goofy Left. She also hates Amazon for their political views, and wont watch things like Yellowstone because they're too violent. With all the "woke" shit on the Hallmark Channel, we're seriously running out of stuff to watch.

She's a good cook. I'm looking forward to it.
But can she......?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't help but notice the thread title. Every year on SB Sunday I make a huge pot of chili for family and friends. It's made to Texas International Competition standards, which means in short no beans or other fillers such as pasta, potatoes, etc, and no thickeners (ie no starches or flour, etc). I began making this more than 20 years ago when I entered a county fair chili cookoff, and we had to make the chili to those rules and guidelines. Our team actually won the event, altho I've never won any others since. Not sure if the rules or guidelines have changed over the years, but I still make it the same way to this day and gotta say it continues to have that wow factor.

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like real Chili.
Don't need to try chili with spaghetti or horesedick or any other weird shit in it to know I don't want it.
My mother in law is very old - and very Southern. She can eat a "bread salad" or a peanut butter and pickles sandwich.
I don't need to try it. I'm very adventurous but I can't see eating shit unless you are from Philly!

Is she single…I love peanut butter and pickle sandwiches

As for chili there is only one kind of side item that can be used…

Cornbread…

Cornbread and chili. Anything else is sacrilegious

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is she single…I love peanut butter and pickle sandwiches

As for chili there is only one kind of side item that can be used…

Cornbread…

Cornbread and chili. Anything else is sacrilegious
Cornbread is great with Chili. My wife crumbles it into the chili. The cornbread I make is too sweet to crumble into - IMHO.
You want my 88 YO Mother in law? She's yours! She has to move in with you though, you can't stay here!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is eating chili co-opting Mexican culture because there are so few Mexican-Americans playing in the NFL. Do we need a Gooney Rule (like the Rooney Rule only even more appropriately named) to get more Hispanic coaches, and Mariachi bands at halftime?

I used to make a huge pot of chili when football was still fun, not political and full of prima-donnas, and host a conference playoff party every year. Lots of beer, lots of snacks, and nobody gave a shit about the commercials. Sometimes I'd carry a yellow penalty flag and throw it if anyone talked politics. It was a beef and bean chili.
Chili is decidedly American. They do not make it in Mexico.
Skyline Chili is Greek. Oh, and Greek to me!