• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Oklahoma clownstomping of Bama

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sugarbowl_champs_zps788f57bc.jpg

Would be more convincing if those were "Sugar Bowl Champions" shirts.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your take but you would have to make a financial/cultural decision based upon rather a heart decision. Geographically it would be expensive on other sports to travel that far, and would Oklahoma demand a great revenue being viewed in Idaho, Montana, Washington, Oregon? How about in Alabama, Texas, Florida or the ever growing North Carolina now that they have a solid footprint interest in those areas. Oklahoma is also a small revenue state in the Midwest/south region, and a 3rd tier University, how would Cal Berkeley or Washington feel about having Neoconservatives venture into their territory. Lets be honest Oklahoma have more in common with Arkansas, Missouri and Kentucky than Oregon, Arizona and California. Just something for you to think about before making a heart decision.

Historically more in common with western states, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas are all connected with the old West and cattle, oil and wheat (not to mention outlaws, Native Americans and gunslingers). The only remotely southern thing in Oklahoma is the far SE where the Civil War refugees from Alabama and Mississippi settled after the war. As for 3rd tier university, I guess that contract with Sandia Labs doesn't mean much, or the NWS storm labs either.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing better than fucking some depressed, angry hot chick.

Agreed. Just always have an exit strategy planned out. They can turn into stage 5 clingers from what appeared to be looking like a one night thing if something in their crazy skull clicks.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically more in common with western states, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas are all connected with the old West and cattle, oil and wheat (not to mention outlaws, Native Americans and gunslingers). The only remotely southern thing in Oklahoma is the far SE where the Civil War refugees from Alabama and Mississippi settled after the war. As for 3rd tier university, I guess that contract with Sandia Labs doesn't mean much, or the NWS storm labs either.

You forgot to add that Arkansas and Missouri were apart of those western states as well. U.S News College rankings suggest that Oklahoma is ranked in the 90th percentile which gives them a 3rd tier ranking for a college/university. Not insulting you, just offering facts.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I am with you. I would love for OU and TExas to end up in the Pac if the Big 12 doesnt work out. PAC offers more than any other conference. Plus it would be mutually beneficial. Pac needs central programing.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I am with you. I would love for OU and TExas to end up in the Pac if the Big 12 doesnt work out. PAC offers more than any other conference. Plus it would be mutually beneficial. Pac needs central programing.[/QU

Just my opinion, but it would be a utter financial, logistical failure. Thought you Longhorn fanbase would learn about making asinine business decisions that are similar to the Longhorn Network... wait the longhorn network disaster would be a tax write-off compared to the BIG 12 going west. If that happens It would be funny to see the low ratings, and blackouts while the SEC dominates FOX Sports and ESPN.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost happened, but the PAC wasn't going to accept UT with the longhorn network deal. PAC is a revenue sharing conf.

Plus the schools like Cal and Furd would never agree to a PAC16 that included schools like ok st and Texas tech.

I happy the two conf remain intact. Better in the long run for college sports.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I am with you. I would love for OU and TExas to end up in the Pac if the Big 12 doesnt work out. PAC offers more than any other conference. Plus it would be mutually beneficial. Pac needs central programing.[/QU

Just my opinion, but it would be a utter financial, logistical failure. Thought you Longhorn fanbase would learn about making asinine business decisions that are similar to the Longhorn Network... wait the longhorn network disaster would be a tax write-off compared to the BIG 12 going west. If that happens It would be funny to see the low ratings, and blackouts while the SEC dominates FOX Sports and ESPN.

Good luck recruiting against ATM and Sumlin while you are out west. Oh and don't forget that UCLA and USC. Oregon will ALWAYS grab their geographic talent before some teams across the country will ever get the pickings. Just a lil common sense to implement there.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost happened, but the PAC wasn't going to accept UT with the longhorn network deal. PAC is a revenue sharing conf.

Plus the schools like Cal and Furd would never agree to a PAC16 that included schools like ok st and Texas tech.

I happy the two conf remain intact. Better in the long run for college sports.

BOOM my point exactly. I bet Kevin Sumlin and the Aggies highly approve of the western expansion...:yahoo:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was therapeutic for both fanbases IMO. OU needed a big OOC win. and Bama fans needed to be humbled.

I actually think there is some truth to this. I just think it helped "ALL" the fan bases who couldn't handle Alabama's success! No matter what anyone tries to say when someone dominates their sport like Alabama was and looked like would continue, about everyone looks for, and points out, any kink, flaw and issue in the armor every chance they get. They see things that aren't even there. You know, the every "Alabama" fan is arrogant and thinks they are better type stuff :blah: You can even see some of this truth in posts now. The majority of people are saying how humble Alabama fans are being in this loss. I agree but truth is they were never as bad as people thought. They were just winning and getting all the attention. People hate hearing about winners over and over and over again. Those are just the facts jack! :suds:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

-
What?? LHN gives the University almost 15mm a yr on a guaranteed contract. No idea what you are talking about. It is the reason that Texas is one of the few ADs that give money back to the university for education. Half of the problem with the Big 12 is Fox Sports. Have you ever watched a game on Fox? Announcers are brutal. Here are the facts of the move. TV markets would be huge. Population covered would be larger than any other conference. Not to mention this would link the fastest population growing areas in the country. Travel would get easier, as there are a lot of direct flights. Pac was arguably better than the SEC this yr, imagine what it would look like with Texas and OU joining.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck recruiting against ATM and Sumlin while you are out west. Oh and don't forget that UCLA and USC. Oregon will ALWAYS grab their geographic talent before some teams across the country will ever get the pickings. Just a lil common sense to implement there.

Don't forget the Pacific time zone games scheduled as well Texas and Oklahoma. Im sure the top high schools in an central time zone recruiting area like, lets say Dallas or Houston or even St. Louis would love to stay up after 2.am to watch their beloved longhorns or sooners while ATM plays primetime 3pm in the afternoon. Oh I forgot... tape delay!!:suds:

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU won because they had Stoops on the sideline.... Mark Stoops that is :whistle:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
hmmm. Oregon is going to always grab California talent first? That is some common sense I never considered. Texas and California are the largest producers of NFL talent. I am pretty sure a presence in both will be beneficial to all. Not sure how replacing Baylor, TCU, KSU with teams like USC, UCLA, Washington Oregon, Stanford, and ASU would hurt recruiting. Must be more of that common sense you are talking about.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was evident during the pregame interview with Saban, that Bama was headed for a butt whoppin'. The entire team was flat. Saban acted like he didn't even want to be there.

Bullshit. Bama played hard. They were laying the wood to OU with some hard hits from the first kick off. Some of those big hits looked they were trying to send a message, but to OU's credit they weathered the storm and responded with toughness that most SEC fans thought Big XII teams lacked.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
What?? LHN gives the University almost 15mm a yr on a guaranteed contract. No idea what you are talking about. It is the reason that Texas is one of the few ADs that give money back to the university for education. Half of the problem with the Big 12 is Fox Sports. Have you ever watched a game on Fox? Announcers are brutal. Here are the facts of the move. TV markets would be huge. Population covered would be larger than any other conference. Not to mention this would link the fastest population growing areas in the country. Travel would get easier, as there are a lot of direct flights. Pac was arguably better than the SEC this yr, imagine what it would look like with Texas and OU joining.

The PAC doesn't want you. If so you would be in the conference... Think about it... It doesn't matter if the PAC is better than we are now. Our reputation of winning 7 straight and possibly 8 as a conference will never be touched so who cares. Texas is BIG in Texas not California, Idaho, Utah.. etc...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the Pacific time zone games scheduled as well Texas and Oklahoma. Im sure the top high schools in an central time zone recruiting area like, lets say Dallas or Houston or even St. Louis would love to stay up after 2.am to watch their beloved longhorns or sooners while ATM plays primetime 3pm in the afternoon. Oh I forgot... tape delay!!:suds:
Does the time difference between Tuscaloosa and Florida prohibit Florida players from coming to Bama? 1 hr is OK, but 2 hrs is a none starter. Interesting.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
hmmm. Oregon is going to always grab California talent first? That is some common sense I never considered. Texas and California are the largest producers of NFL talent. I am pretty sure a presence in both will be beneficial to all. Not sure how replacing Baylor, TCU, KSU with teams like USC, UCLA, Washington Oregon, Stanford, and ASU would hurt recruiting. Must be more of that common sense you are talking about.

Yeah but if you are in a different timezone, its gonna take its affect on your recruiting esp. when you have ATM in your backyard, and they decide to continue playing in your BACKYARD while you are playing in Washington! Who cares how much money Texas have, with that move in ten years the pot will diminish trust me. Some strange reason you are not comprehending this idea. That's okay though.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta give it to the Sooners. They ripped through the Alabama offensive line like a Oklahoma tornado, with the devastating effect being a horrible Bama loss. Maybe Texas and Oklahoma shouldn't have been horrifically afraid (and making stupid geographic/academic excusus) to join the SEC a few years back. As a fan of college football, I would have enjoyed playing them on an annual basis.

Texas isn't afraid of the SEC. We own that conference. If you combine our ownage of Aggy and MIZZOU, then we really own the SEC like no other program. Hell, Bama finally got their first win against their Daddy from Austin back in '09 (1-7-1 now). Anyway, Texas couldn't join the SEC b/c they never received an invite, but I'm sure you knew that right?