• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2013 CBA trade frenzy party thread

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
babygm.gif

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First get Malcolm, then get PK - I could live with that.

Yeah that would be good. I am afraid Boston will destroy Malcolm. They's not necessarily tolerant up there.

Not really a rumor, but some Pens bloggers have brought up Steve Ott to Pitt. Which would be a great addition as well as fully solidifying the "Most Hated" in the league honour.

Well, I'm convinced. Those guys know their shit.

Pittsburgh is becoming the new Toronto (only with more success)

Comparing citizenry, Pittsburg will never be like Toronto.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said above the Islanders had a scout in Chicago last night. Some believe the Islanders have interest in Bernier because they've had a scout at the last two Kings games. However, a Blackhawks blogger has said the Hawks have been scouting the Islanders & are interested in Matt Martin, Mark Streit & possibly Brad Boyes. Apparently the Hawks might be dangling an elite prospect in the deal (Teravainen).

My take on this is when it happens I'll believe it. However, if what the blogger is saying is true about the Hawks watching the Islanders closely there's always a chance.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, love in the comments section that Flames fans WANT TK. I'll give 'em TK! :)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually favorite of comments: "Can they (Pens) just trade us their Asst. GM to replace Feaster?"

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually favorite of comments: "Can they (Pens) just trade us their Asst. GM to replace Feaster?"

Not a bad idea, although I think John Weisbrod would be next in line if Jay Feaster gets canned.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad idea, although I think John Weisbrod would be next in line if Jay Feaster gets canned.

Jason Botterill has a BRIGHT future in the NHL, I'm telling you. Pens FO has a LOT of young talent actually...kinda sad that they'll be leaving soon for greener pastures.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jason Botterill is still the only Canadian junior to have won three gold medals at the World Junior Hockey Championships.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DarrenDreger: Will have more tonight on TSN's Sportscentre. Bruins-Flames continue to discuss Iginla trade with multiple assets in play. Not close, but...

DarrenDreger: it could progress if Flames make a decision. Boston also looking at other options including players with term on contracts. #tradecentre

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this, if Iggy does get traded to the Bruins, I'll be adding a new Boston jersey to the collection.

/yes I'm that weak.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this, if Iggy does get traded to the Bruins, I'll be adding a new Boston jersey to the collection.

/yes I'm that weak.

In hockey, it's completely permissible to be a fan of a player above a team.

Nash went to the Rangers, but I just cannot hate him. I won't get a jersey, mind you. But you understand.

Some players transcend mere rivalry.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

/yes I'm that weak.

In hockey, it's completely permissible to be a fan of a player above a team.

Nash went to the Rangers, but I just cannot hate him. I won't get a jersey, mind you. But you understand.

Some players transcend mere rivalry.

:agree:

If a player has gone through the grind year-in-year-out with your team you follow that player.

With that out of the way it's a bit lame to shift your allegiances completely just because your favourite player got traded. Some of my all-time favourite Sens have been moved. I enjoy seeing them do well to an extent but I'm not about become a fan of the team's that Chara (Bruins), Fisher (Preds) or Hossa (various) over my hometown team.

I like Iggy as a player and don't want to have to cheer against him so if the Flames could keep him out of the Northeast or, even better, out of the East that would be dandy.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

If a player has gone through the grind year-in-year-out with your team you follow that player.

With that out of the way it's a bit lame to shift your allegiances completely just because your favourite player got traded. Some of my all-time favourite Sens have been moved. I enjoy seeing them do well to an extent but I'm not about become a fan of the team's that Chara (Bruins), Fisher (Preds) or Hossa (various) over my hometown team.

I like Iggy as a player and don't want to have to cheer against him so if the Flames could keep him out of the Northeast or, even better, out of the East that would be dandy.

I dont think hes flipping his allegiance however. he has always had a soft spot for boston :-)puke:) he would just get a iginla bruins jersey. we all know Dash will one day be a full time canucks fan #weareallcanucks

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 7m
Sources saying Kiprusoff has told the #Flames management if they trade his rights he will not report sighting family reasons.