• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2013 CBA trade frenzy party thread

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with supporting Iggy at all. I still love Jagr...and he went to the Flyers.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mc79hockey 3m
FYI, hockey media: hockey players who say they'll retire rather than relocate their family aren't selfish. They're good dads/husbands.

This is important to remember, even as a fan.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mc79hockey 3m
FYI, hockey media: hockey players who say they'll retire rather than relocate their family aren't selfish. They're good dads/husbands.

This is important to remember, even as a fan.

if they have a NTC or NMC all good. if they dont then they are doing a disservice to the team unless there is a a medical condition (e.g. Olaf Kolzig) if you have the clause to stop the move its all good. but if not and retiring, this is not cool to me as a fan that sees his movement can fix this team long term and staying hurts it

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they have a NTC or NMC all good. if they dont then they are doing a disservice to the team unless there is a a medical condition (e.g. Olaf Kolzig) if you have the clause to stop the move its all good. but if not and retiring, this is not cool to me as a fan that sees his movement can fix this team long term and staying hurts it

If the player has a NMC or NTC if he hears the team that wants him is the Islanders he just laughs. So there really isn't any point in my team even asking about said players.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is capgeek correct? kippers NMC expired after last season???

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think hes flipping his allegiance however. he has always had a soft spot for boston :-)puke:) he would just get a iginla bruins jersey. we all know Dash will one day be a full time canucks fan #weareallcanucks

Family (wife plus daughters) have all jumped ship to the Canucks already Matty.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can you imagine if iggy and kipper said no to moving ooof

Maybe it will be their gift to the franchise - new blood in the front office for sure and finally a rebuild if this happens.

Ok, most likely a rebuild.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really have a problem with what Kipper is doing and still wouldn't even if he played for the team I rooted for.

He's "earned it". He put in his time, has legit family reasons (baby just born) he's not just some spoiled young dude thinking he's being disrespected or whatever.

/shrug

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really have a problem with what Kipper is doing and still wouldn't even if he played for the team I rooted for.

He's "earned it". He put in his time, has legit family reasons (baby just born) he's not just some spoiled young dude thinking he's being disrespected or whatever.

/shrug

:agree:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I as well have no problem with Kipper's stance. It's not his fault the team around him stinks.

Also, just to clarify my "weak" statement earlier, during the lockout I said I would not purchase any NHL merchandise if the lockout was to be resolved and the season saved.

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of on the fence on Kipper. I mean, sure, I wouldn't uproot and move my family (again) for any reason, and I've had offers to to Seattle area, San Jose area and back to DC/NoVa. So I get the sentiment that family comes first.

But then again, I do not work in a contract based world and if I did and felt that strongly about it I would be damn sure that any contract I signed accounted for that feeling. If he signed a contract without a NMC or signed one with a NMC that expired before the contract end, and he announces he's not going if he gets rightfully traded... then he's a douche. Regardless of reason.

You sign a contract, you agree to hold up your end. If you suddenly don't like your end anymore, then that's your fault.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the worst part about it now for kipper is that most of his contract is paid. I find it poor form that he would retire with 1 year left and only $1.5 M to be paid out when the bulk of the team paid his money already. the cap hit would be full however. I dont know why anyone would be ok with this whether its your team or not.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of on the fence on Kipper. I mean, sure, I wouldn't uproot and move my family (again) for any reason, and I've had offers to to Seattle area, San Jose area and back to DC/NoVa. So I get the sentiment that family comes first.

But then again, I do not work in a contract based world and if I did and felt that strongly about it I would be damn sure that any contract I signed accounted for that feeling. If he signed a contract without a NMC or signed one with a NMC that expired before the contract end, and he announces he's not going if he gets rightfully traded... then he's a douche. Regardless of reason.

You sign a contract, you agree to hold up your end. If you suddenly don't like your end anymore, then that's your fault.

Normally i'd agree but his wife just had a child last week, If he was traded in the off season at least he could move the whole family.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kypreos is saying that the baby is fine for Kippers wife but it sounds like there were some complications. I can understand that now. must be serious I hope his wife and baby are healthy.

on a side note the flames could rebuild and sell the farm and still keep kipper. hes damn good and they need some stability in net until they get someone they can mentor.

also Kypreos said that Kipper may retire at the end of the season regardless not because he is being shopped. that is different I thought he was saying he would retire if traded that is incorrect.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally i'd agree but his wife just had a child last week, If he was traded in the off season at least he could move the whole family.

Off season is a month away for him, two if he's traded to a contender. And is he not going to travel with the Flames for the remainder of this year?

He has a contract to honor. Plain and simple. I understand the sentiment. But he has a contract to honor.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kypreos is saying that the baby is fine for Kippers wife but it sounds like there were some complications. I can understand that now. must be serious I hope his wife and baby are healthy.

on a side note the flames could rebuild and sell the farm and still keep kipper. hes damn good and they need some stability in net until they get someone they can mentor.

also Kypreos said that Kipper may retire at the end of the season regardless not because he is being shopped. that is different I thought he was saying he would retire if traded that is incorrect.

And if that's the case, then I don't have a problem with it. Walking away completely because of a tough situation is considerably different then trying to dictate a comfortable situation when you contractually do not have that right.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The really sad thing is that if the Flames would have had proper asset management, there would be no talk of trading Iggy or Kipper.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DarrenDreger: Teams expect/hoping for Danny Dekeyzer's decision by Friday. Oilers brass (Lowe-Mactavish) meeting with him this am in Toronto. #TSN

No mention of Tambellini? Isn't he the GM?

/Nope, just fetches coffee and takes the sword for Lowe.